The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Second dealing to the beat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Did you ever try practicing a move to the beats of your favorite songs? As odd as it sounds, I have seen a lot of improvement in my false deals and false cuts by practicing them to the rythym of different songs of a variety of music genres. Along with the improvements, executing the moves while listening to music makes practicing that much more fun!

Anyone else ever do this? I'd like to hear the thoughts of others.
Who is John Galt?
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I've used a Metronome before, very useful.

It's the little thing that rocks back and forth and ticks at a certain beat.

Its good to use for false deals, its important to be able to switch from false to real deals at the same speed and to make each look invisible.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Metronome! Dang, I never thought of that, and I should have since I'm a musician. Fantastic idea MacGyver. I think that's one of the best ideas I've heard at the Café. Smile
Who is John Galt?
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Actually, the metronome idea is Juan Tamariz's!

(at least, that is where I got it from)

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
David
View Profile
New user
Northern Ireland
57 Posts

Profile of David
Years ago I was taught the Elmsley and Jordan counts with a metronome , and found this invaluable in the fluidity of these seemingly simple moves .
Never even thought to practice my second deal with it ,and yet timing is undoubtedly so critical to this.
Thanks guys.

Regards

David
truquero
View Profile
New user
México
60 Posts

Profile of truquero
Good idea!
In Stanislavski's book "creation of a character" there are great ideas about rithm (with the aid of a metronome)
Regards!
"No es suficiente que yo sea feliz, necesito que los demás sufran" Groucho Marx.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I've practiced so productions, shoots and manipulations to music, but my false deals and shuffles look crappy enough without trying to adhere to a rythm! But it's a great idea!

By the way, financedragon, I finally got Erdnase yesterday. Oh jeez! What have I gotten myself into!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Whehe, I thought I was being a total nutter by practising palming and producing on a rhytm. Never thought of the false dealing, great idea!
Deal cards, not drugs!
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-03-03 13:52, Firedice27 wrote:

By the way, financedragon, I finally got Erdnase yesterday. Oh jeez! What have I gotten myself into!

At first that darn book looks very intimidating, but after you read a sleights description about ten times you'll get it haha.

The language is hard at times, but I find that to be very intriguing. Cool stuff! Have fun Firedice.
Who is John Galt?
bvbernard
View Profile
New user
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
95 Posts

Profile of bvbernard
Quote:
On 2004-03-03 00:05, financedragon wrote:
Did you ever try practicing a move to the beats of your favorite songs?

Just as long as you don't break out in song when you are performing your move....

Bruce
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Just don't practice to Flight of the Bumblebee unless you want get Carpal Tunnel.
pcamel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pcamel
I have crazy man's handcuffs taught by Ammar with "special" music in the background to help learn the moves better. you might try mentally stimulating music such as mozart or bach or beethoven.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Good call Larry, I'll be pass on playing Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov when I'm doing my seconds. Smile
Who is John Galt?
shuffle sequence
View Profile
New user
Moss Beach
5 Posts

Profile of shuffle sequence
All this talk about music, where is Dagny Taggert when you need her??
Kill your T.V: Which side of the glass do you want to live on ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Second dealing to the beat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL