The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Force of Will by Dave Hooper (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
"This looks like the cleanest classic force I have ever seen! - Titanas"

AD COPY:

"David actually fooled me with his force, it was a joy to be fooled." -Doc Eason

There are a thousand ways to get a spectator to choose a certain card. Even today, new methods are being brought to light, even as you read this.

Yet, one thing has remained constant throughout the years, the pursuit of the perfect force. Dave Hooper has refined his take on the classic force

for more years than many of us have even considered taking our card magic seriously....And the result is a thing of pure beauty.

"Dave’s force is the best I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen many!" - Harry Robson

After 35 years of being a professional magician, It is today that he reveals his teachings on what some will call the greatest Classic Force, ever.

"He forced the same card on me FIVE times, and it was fair. Every time." -Chris Ramsay

If you are struggling with the classic force or are looking to refine and make it absolutely 100% undetectable and effective, then there is no alternative. The proof is inside.

"Dave has made all other forces irrelevant. If you’re going to learn the force, this is the best. It blew my !@#$%^& mind!" -Kieron Lefever

Info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55581

Trailer:

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Oh WOW, FINALLY Dave has released his work on the classic force.

I first met Dave in 2004 and ever since that first encounter I always talk about Dave and how he has the best classic force I have ever seen. Beeing in magic for over 20 years you would of thought you have seen it all when it comes to the classic force but boy are you all in for a treat. Dave can repeatedly force the same card on you without you even having a sniff he is using a classic force and you will be convinced this is a free choice.

Without even watching the DVD but knowing and seeing Dave do this, I highly recommend everyone getting this.
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
I heard it doesn't work 100% of the time...
YvanZmn
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of YvanZmn
This looks great! just waiting for reviews to come in before I jump in!
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I no David I'm a huge fan I have never seen him miss this is the best version of it I have ever seen he did it with a blank deck with one card in it fried me I love it.
if your at Blackpool go see him best kept secret of the dealer hall and a lovely man as well.

Kieron lefever
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, YvanZmn wrote:

I took the plunge. Just purchased it at MJM Magic who blasted a newsletter about this product today.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-21398.html

They said it should be arriving around Monday, so I hope to have it to watch and review shortly afterwards.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, FilmMagician wrote:

from whom?
I've asked to be banned
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
Does anything work 100%?

Kevin

Quote:
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, nonprofitmagic wrote:
Does anything work 100%?

Kevin

Quote:

Yes. Especially a handful of forces.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, FilmMagician wrote:
Quote:
Does anything work 100%?

Kevin

Quote:

I suspect this product is not for you...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Haha Sean.

Congrats Geordie. This looks awesome. Would love to know the skill level.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hope it will be available to download.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, KatieD wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, YvanZmn wrote:

I took the plunge. Just purchased it at MJM Magic who blasted a newsletter about this product today.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-21398.html

They said it should be arriving around Monday, so I hope to have it to watch and review shortly afterwards.

Yes, got the same email and ordered,immediately.

this seemed to me to be a no brainier and must have...
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
It looks like a classic force handling. Is it? It's stated its his own force but also stated its a classic force. Is it completely different to the classic in method?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
It looks like a classic force handling. Is it? It's stated its his own force but also stated its a classic force. Is it completely different to the classic in method?

Hi Joel
This IS a type of classic force. It's Davids own take or version of the Classic Force he developed because he found it difficult to learn the traditional Classic force. Over the years, working on a stall selling magic tricks, he developed and perfected the technique to what it is today.

I've not met David yet, but would like too. He comes across as genuine, passionate about magic, and with a no thrills, down to earth approach about what is important in magic. That comes across in his teaching which is honest and refreshing. The tuition feels like learning from someone who has developed a strong technique 'in the trenches' over time, doing this in his working 'pitch' It's not come from a magic product development workshop etc..

I've been using a traditional classic force for many years, so didn't think I would find much of value here. I was wrong.. To give you just one example, there's one little technique used in the seconds after the spectator picks a card, that made myself and Ben Williams in the shop look at each other and say 'genius!" at the same time. Even if you are happy with your own force, I bet you take that little tip on board and use it in your own force. For the price, that tuition is worth it alone.

Ordering this is a bit like meeting David at the bar, seeing his force and thinking to yourself.. Grrr that's so much better than how I do it.. Then buying the guy a couple of drinks whist he shows you how his technique differs from your own, and what you can add to your method to make it just as good. It's a bargain..

For total beginners. This is a lovely place to pick up a style of Classic force to use. He also teaches a way to practice the technique and build up confidence and pace etc.

Merchant of Magic have Force of Will on their site now, shipping from the UK here: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=147202
If you subscribe to their newsletter, look out for an email with a special 'launch' deal for this.

Hope this helps
Dominic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What's the difficulty level?
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, FilmMagician wrote:
Quote:
Does anything work 100%?

Kevin

Quote:

I suspect this product is not for you...

Why, Cause I'm asking a question about the product? .... ok
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Careful, if you ask too many questions about it, people will assume it's "not for you". Smile Read that it's low-medium. Looks like a classic force, with either a cull or something in that arena of difficulty. MM said it works 9 times out of 10, with refinement. And there's back up plans if/when it fails.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2016, pegasus wrote:

This is fine for beginners in my opinion. There isn't anything difficult in the mechanics of the technique, but it will require you to practice it.

In fact, it's probably ideal for beginners for that very reason, because it's all about practice... David teaches a great way to practice the force as well.

Pegasus, you aren't a beginner and I'm pretty sure you probably know the Classic Force.. would you say most types of this force are 'easy' but you have to practice it on real people..? It's all about DOING IT. That's a great motivation for beginners to get out and perform to people I think..
Paul Harford
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Paul Harford
Ordered - I shall let you know what an almost complete beginner makes of it in due course. And whilst I wait I shall open the packet that arrived from MoM today!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Force of Will by Dave Hooper (39 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL