The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need help with segue ideas in show (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Hey everyone!

I am working on some new scripts for my Magic and Murder Mystery shows (www.magicandmurder.com). I am looking for new ways to reveal clues during the shows. The idea is this: spirits from the past reveal clues through seance and other means.

Here is what I have so far: (1) several four-way forces, (2) a reveal box (On the Blood Reloaded), (3) an AmazeBox, (4) Spirit Slates, (5) Skurot, the Head of Prophecy, (6) Momento Mori locket.

I am looking for props or gimmicks that can reveal information during a show. The information takes the form of suspect names, clues to the next clue's location and sometimes objects like maps and photos.

Also, themed illusions would work such White Star, Whitechapel and Aberline's Repository (which I already use). I can build entire shows around these!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! If I can use your suggestion, I'll send you a free copy of some of my seance scripts!

Thanks!!

Vince Wilson
www.vincewilsonmagic.com
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Ambigrams, thermochromic ink, ouija board, pendulums, spectator cueing devices, bibliomancy, objects falling during a discussion of what may have happened.
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Pendulums I do use. I like the thermochromic ink idea!
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Dang it, Bryn ! Smile You, named them all ! LOL
Ghost Writing on a mirror, with a little breath to reveal !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
A two way mirror reveal -- a shaddownbox mirror (two way) with the clue behind the one surface that usually appears as mirror until reverse side in lit (briefly) at magician/s command. The "Law and Order" two way interview mirror effect in minnature.

Varioius forms of billet box and or a Chest of Dragons would also work.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Satan appears with a steaming, broiled hamburger. The reveal is singed into the burger.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Nice Al. The burger would have to be made from human flesh though, otherwise it has no place in my show Smile
bud.scott
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
Long Pork on a bun, yummy!

Back to the subject at hand, how about some well aged Buddha Papers, sort of on your slate line but different enough.
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VIII
Order of the Hexidic
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Nice thought Bud
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I am making some Buddha Papers! Awesome ideas!

Could you give me some links for some of the other concepts? I am not familiar with "the chest of dragons". Also, a two-way mirror link would be great! I saw one on Penguin Magic that was just a variant on spirit slates. Something that revealed an image beneath the glass would be great!

Satan does not return my calls anymore since that incident with the Eucharist wafers I put in his soup. So I may have to settle for a minor demon for the burger trick.
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Fragrances/ scents; i.e., charred wood, sulpher suggesting fire, leading to a box of matches. The matches lead to a partially burned letter or photo.
The ashes from same are used to reveal a name upon your arm.
Different floral or nature scents suggest a wood land location/ possible crime scene.
Leaves or twigs previously clean are found stained with blood.

a wide blade of a butcher knife can reveal a message when breathed upon much like a mirror as Godzilla suggested.

Great suggestions from Brynmore as well.

Kotah
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Spirit slates, as well as the compact version found in pentology using blank cards (cant remember the name). kadar, pocket W@, force bag, swami, drawing dupes...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need help with segue ideas in show (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL