The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » No sound when using iNav iJet Boss (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
At first the music from my iPod would play when using my iNav iJet Boss. A couple of months later the sound from my iPod would not play anymore. The remote does control the "play" and "pause" button. I have the iPad Pro now. Still no sounds when the iNav iJet Boss is attached. Any suggestions?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hey Dynamike, Happy New Year! Long time no hear.

How's your Theme Song?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Both are excellent.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Mike,

Let's trouble shoot.

When you disconnect the Ijet receiver do you get Audio (play) from your Apple device?
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
1. I put the iJet receiver in the iPad. I push play on the iPad. The sound bar on the screed moves. No audio is heard.
2. I take out the iJet receiver while the sound bar is moving on the screen with no audio, the sound bar stops as it immediately goes to pause.
3. I put the iJet receiver back in the iPad while audio is heard while the sound bar goes across. The audio last 3 seconds. No more audio while the sound bar is still moving.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
I have posted this before, and I will post again. This is for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad users who want to use the ijet Nav remote.
1. Launch your playlist on the device and hit play. You should hear the music coming thru the internal speakers.
2. Connect the ijet receiver to the port on the bottom of the device.
3. After a few seconds, the sound will stop coming out the internal speakers, as soon as this happens, connect your line out to the headphone socket.
4. Check play, pause, volume etc via the remote - you should be good to go.
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Been using the VSM for over 10 years now. It finally went out on me just before a show. Thanks to this thread I was able to use my iPad mini, iJet nav, and one track and was up and running in no time at all. Special thanks to garydunn for the simplified 4 step process. Worked like a charm and saved me tons of money!
Smile
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Step 1 should be Restart your iphone/iPad to clear ram cache.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
I think Gary that Mike is talking about something else.

in iTunes on your iPhone, with the iNav/iJet already plugged in and your music going through your sound system, click on the tune that is playing, and then the symbol at the bottom - looks like a triangle with circles over it. You'll see something like the attached pic (with the various places the signal may go: pick your sound device, and you're set.

Click here to view attached image.
------------

We could have been practicing!
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Can't see it there. Take 2!

Click here to view attached image.
------------

We could have been practicing!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I have recently purchased a Tribit X Sound Go Bluetooth speaker to use for smaller shows, indoor parties, etc. It sounds terrific for basic music tracks. The thing is, it will not work with the ijet remote plugged in to my ipad mini (Bluetooth). Full remote funcions, just no sound from the Tribit. With the remote unplugged I have full sound (I do not use the earjack connection on the ipad.) I have tried all the usual steps as outlined above. Is there a workaround for this, or if not, can anyone recommend a remote that does work with this type of Bluetooth setup? Thanks.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Stempleton -

It's my understanding that you can't use the iJet remote and Bluetooth at the same time on your device.

I asked someone about that once, and that's what I was told.

I was also trying to use a Bluetooth speaker along with my iPod & iJet unit.

So, you'd have to use a cable (line out) to the headphone socket. My Bluetooth speaker has an input (aux in) on it. I assume others do, as well.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Stempleton -

It's my understanding that you can't use the iJet remote and Bluetooth at the same time on your device.

I asked someone about that once, and that's what I was told.

I was also trying to use a Bluetooth speaker along with my iPod & iJet unit.

So, you'd have to use a cable (line out) to the headphone socket. My Bluetooth speaker has an input (aux in) on it. I assume others do, as well.

- Donald

As usual, Donald, you are right...that is a shame that you can't use the Bluetooth and ijet control simultaneously. That defeats a major part of the purpose for my buying a Bluetooth speaker. But, it does eliminate my carrying my large speaker to smaller venues, so there is that. Do you happen to know of any other control system that can be used in a manner I am seeking?

In any event, your advice has paid for my subscription here to the café. Just kidding... you've DOUBLED it!

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Steve -

I could be wrong about this, but I think that the "Ultimate Control BT" (from Empower Sound) is a product that has both a remote to the tablet, and then the tablet can connect to your PA system via Bluetooth. However, it's not designed to work with an iPad, but another type of tablet (running Android, I think). You can also buy a tablet from Brian when you buy his system if you need to. He also sells BT receivers.

More here: www.ultbt.com

- Donald

P.S. For clarification, Empower Sound is the new name for the business that sells Happie Amp, now called Amazing Amp. And by Brian, I'm referring to Brian Foshee, owner of Empower Sound. Also, the "Ultimate Control BT" is a different product from his earlier "Ultimate Control", just in case some people weren't aware.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I'm familiar with the Happy Amp, and not a fan, but I will look up your suggestion. Thanks.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
It's not a cheap solution (like an iJet iNav), but is less expensive that using something like an Audio Ape.

Again, the link to the "Ultimate Control BT" website is in my post above.

I don't own one, but I've been considering buying one.

- Donald
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
I just ordered an "Ultimate Control BT" and tablet from Brian at "Empower Sound". I expect to have it here by Tuesday. If you are still looking, I intend to post a review / first look post in a few days. Brian was outstandingly helpful when we spoke and patiently worked through every question I had to ensure that my thick skull understood everything I needed to have in order to do what I intended to do with the equipment. As far as service is concerned, I am very well pleased.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Mrpiper -

I'm looking forward to your product review of the "Ultimate Control BT".

- Donald
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
I am posting the Ultimate Control-BT here, but will also post it in its own thread:

This is an assessment and review of the 2018 version of the AMAZING AMP-BT and ULTIMATE CONTROL-BT by Empower Sound.

First, the easy part:
The AMAZING AMP-BT is very surprisingly loud! Much more volume output than I had expected, and based on the ads I had read, I expected a good bit. If you regularly play large school gyms or auditoriums, you might need two, but for a church or library that seats around 150 to 200 people, I find this to be plenty of sound. The Bluetooth worked perfectly, and paired quickly with my tablet. The Bluetooth Range I got was about 60 ft. That should be enough for any application I will ever have, but be aware that it is not a super long range between the Amp and Tablet that plays the music. The 2 headset mic's, hand held mic, and 2 lavalier mic's all worked perfectly right out of the box and the entire system only needed a couple of minutes to set up for voice. (Not including setup of the music system with the Ultimate Control-BT) As the advertisement says, I could have literally opened the box, set up, and started my show in just a few minutes. (I would never try that of course, but it really would be possible!)

I also purchased the "Pro" kit. That added a hard case with customizable foam, a stand with an adapter for the AABT Speaker, and every cable you might ever need. The advertisement on their site said the Pro Kit also contained a second stand for the hand held mic but my box did not contain that second stand. I will follow up to see if that was an error or if that is no longer part of the deal and the site description needs updating. If you need, and expect the inclusion of the mic stand, this would be a concern.

As for the customizable hard case, I absolutely love it! The AABT fit's perfectly on one side, the two transmitters fit in individual pockets in the middle, as does the Ultimate Control BT Remote and a couple of 9v batteries. On the right the hand held mic, 2 headset mic's, Tablet charger and remote receiver all fit in a larger compartment along with needed cables. The UC Tablet that I purchased fits in its own space as well. You can customize the foam in the case however you like. In this one small case, I have my entire PA AND Music system ready to go, and I can be set up in literally 5 minutes. No hype, no exaggeration. You will have a quick, simple, and easy to set up system that gives 2 mic's that can be used simultaneously with customizable background music, pre show and post show music, and a tremendous value addition to your show, all in one small case.

Now for the Ultimate Control-BT:
The Optional Tablet PC:
Since I wanted to keep my sound system web-secure, and used ONLY for my shows, I purchased the $50.00 tablet PC as an option to the UCBT. It is also worth noting that the UCBT App ONLY works on an Android Tablet PC. If you have an apple or other system, the App will not work and you will need either this inexpensive option, or the Android Tablet of your choice. The tablet functions as needed. No bells and whistles, and not a blazing speed, high end piece of technology, but for $50.00, it's just right. Once I got everything set up, I turned the WiFi off, the Bluetooth on, set the screen to never “sleep”, put the tablet in "Airplane Mode", and put the display brightness at about 50%, so there is optimal battery life. (I got about 2 hours and 45 minutes before charging it became an emergency) This also prevents internet access by accident, and there is no way for the tablet to be hacked or corrupted from the outside. I just turn on the tablet, turn on the Amazing Amp BT, turn on the remote, and they sync up in about a minute and the show is ready to go.

About the tablet setup:
I recommend you watch ALL setup and instructional videos on the owner's site. I watched them, then watched them again, and learned a lot that I missed the first time. I was able to connect the tablet to my home internet via wifi, then download the UCBT app, adjust all of the settings on the app, load a few pieces of Royalty Free music and sound effects that I plan to use, make my first play list, and begin to play with the app and remote, all in about an hour. A couple of tips… first, I charged the tablet with the plug charger and not the micro USB. This is a good habit since you will need the micro USB port for your Remote Receiver so it’s good to get in the habit of using the dedicated charger. Second, as soon as you are not using the tablet, hold down the button until you get a menu that asks you to shut down or restart. Make sure the device is completely shut down so your battery will not drain to empty when not in use. Also, occasionally it is wise to use the Reboot option to clear the cache and all of the memory clutter.

About the App:
This is really where all of the work is done. The Ultimate Control App is the engine of the entire performance system. It is a really well thought out app that has many features that are super helpful. When playing music, the entire screen of the tablet can be set to display one large number corresponding to the current song that is playing and clearly visible from a significant distance so that at a glance, you always know exactly where you are in your show should you need to make a mid show adjustment. Not as easily visible from a distance, but still useful, the name of the current and next song are also displayed on this screen.

Each song can have a custom volume level preset. Each song can be set to start playing automatically or wait for your command to start. If needed, the current song can be backed up, fast forwarded, stopped, restarted, made louder or softer, may be faded out and stopped, or be faded out and automatically faded in to the next song. There is also an option to record 1 “TOC” or Track on Command that is a sound burst or sound effect that you might use over and over during the show and have it play anytime, at your command, without being integrated into the order of your song list! Great for an entrance or exit for a helper or a funny sound effect that adds to a routine, or as a part of any running gag.

A LITTLE DISSAPOINTMENT… There is a show timer, and a remote overlay function for the app that you might use if the remote malfunctioned for some reason, BUT, these two features, while demonstrated on the advertisement videos, require an upgrade to the app and a subscription of $5.49 per month that also includes the UCBT unlimited warranty. I was disappointed that these features require an ongoing payment. There is also the ability to set the remote to vibrate for stage queues, and to operate two remotes at the same time, but these features are also not available without the subscription to the warranty and upgraded app. Frankly, I was surprised that these functions were not included in the standard price. $299.00 seems like a fair price to cover the remote and an app that is complete. While I feel the warranty may be a good value for many, I feel as though the functionality of the device is being held hostage if I choose not to subscribe to the warranty.

The Remote:
The box for the Remote Control includes some really nice extras and the remote has some pretty amazing functionality as well. First, you get the Remote of course. It is so very light weight I felt it may not be tough enough to stand up to the wear and tear of every day use. Only time will tell, but it functions perfectly and the fact that it is so very light weight is a great plus when you put it in your pocket to do a show. It does not weigh down your pocked like a set of car keys, and is easy to feel and maneuver as needed, by feel, without the need to see what you are doing. Also, the ultra light and silicone covered Remote seems very well protected if you should drop it.

Next, there is a toe switch that can be plugged into the remote for hands free operation. Great feature. Then there is the USB to Mini USB Cable. This is how you charge the remote. BOTH the Mini USB and the port for the Toe Switch are on the same side, and they are not labeled. If you bought the Tablet PC to go with your set, do not try to charge the remote with the tablet charger. You could damage your remote. ONLY charge the remote with the USB to USB Mini port. When first plugged in, the light glows red. When fully charged, the light glows green. The instructions say the battery charge could last for several MONTHS! I still will likely charge it before each show just in case.

As for the remote functionality, it is very well thought out. Each button has at least two functions. A “Short Press” function and a “Long Press” function. For example, the forward button goes to the next song, but if you hold it down, it simply fast forwards within the current song. Button by button it is as follows:
Forward Button: See above
Back Button: Short Press goes back to beginning and restarts song. Double Short Press (double click) goes back to the beginning of the PREVIOUS song, and press and hold rewinds the current song to stop along the way.
Up Button: Short Press increases volume by 1 point. Long Press raises volume to max.
Down Button: Short Press decreases volume by 1 point. Long Press decreases volume to silent.
Center Button: Short Press Starts or Stops playing. Press and hold activates the “Burst Sound” I mentioned above. Just press and hold the center button and that pre determined sound or line of music or song comes jumping out.
Side Button: This is the “Fade” button. Press once to fade out and start the next song. Press and hold to fade out the current song while fading in the next song simultaneously.

Also, the Remote can be magnetically activated with a PK ring. Just put the remote in your pocket and when you need to start or stop the music, just bring your hand next to your pocket. I was really excited about this feature until I discovered that it also requires the subscription and upgraded app. Oh well, I can press the button.

Final thoughts:
This one little device and app (and tablet if you don’t have one) offer so much more value and fun to your presentation. Since you, the performer, are in complete control at all times, you never have to depend on the “sound guy”. Your music will always play exactly as you have set it up. Regarding working distance for the remote, I could not get out of range in my yard. The company says it has about a 900ft. range! This should NEVER be out of range from the stage to your tablet and PA system. I am happy (or should I say “Happie”) with this purchase and absolutely recommend it for giving the best possible performance to your audience as a solo act. I have never seen or heard of anything else with this level of customized design made ESPECIALLY for the ON STAGE, SOLO performer to be in complete control. I would recommend this system for anyone with similar needs and consider the price to be very fair.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » No sound when using iNav iJet Boss (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL