We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Drawing Duplication Suggestions? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
334 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
I am looking for a drawing duplication where I can hand something (business card, piece of paper etc) to a spectator in an audience, then have them put the drawing in an envelope and seal it. Then I take the envelope with me and set it on a table in full view. In the process of taking it back, or later as I set it on the table, getting a good peek at it so I can duplicate it later in the show. Any suggestions as to a preferred method? It would be even better if the paper could be large, like a 5x8 card so a larger sized audience could see it matched mine. Thank you!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Sounds like you already have an idea what you want to do. So, just do what you explained in your description. That sounds like a good method. Smile

Ray
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
334 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Ray,

I've used Matt Mellos Dark Arts for close up, but I have a larger audience and want it to be more hands off.
I'm sure that There are a lot of peek envelope systems out there. Just thought I'd get suggestions for what would work good in this specific routine.

Dan
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
A vital question is whether you need to later open the envelope and show the original.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
334 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
I believe that would be highly desired. Otherwise, I guess I could do a switch and then a peek.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Chris R**li**- *ev***

Only you have to put the drawing in the envelope.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
910 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I don't use envelopes (like, at all) so probably not the best source of information on this and yet I remember Peter Turner had a pretty clever envelope peek in Dare to be Bold. (envelope can be examined at the end)
Reader discretion is advised.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
741 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
The same envelope can be found in most classics Smile
Some good solutions are Dark Art (well hidden modification), the White dwarf (test condition feel) and the two classic modifications (cheap) you can do to an enveloppe Smile
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1347 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Another possibility can be found in Curtain Call by Barrie Richardson.

Barry
false_awakening
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of false_awakening
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2016, nonprofitmagic wrote:
The best drawing duplication in my opinion is one that requires no peek and can be shown to an audience before the spectator even draws...it can be found here:
http://www.lybrary.com/the-ss-method-p-778948.html ...

Hi Kevin,

Could you please elaborate if possible on what limitations exist in this effect?

For example, does the script always relate to a restaurant as in the description?
Does the effect bear repetition for the same participant, or would repetition risk the participant becoming aware of the reasons for their choice?

Thanks
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Let's be careful with the above question. We are getting close to having to move this discussion downstairs.
John
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
"...This forum, "Penny For Your Thoughts" is for the general discussion of mentalism and mentalism related topics. No methods may be discussed here however. The second forum, "Inner Thoughts" is only available after reaching 50 legitimate posts. It is here that more in depth discussions, which may include methods, can be held. Posts with exposure or leading to exposure will be removed from the Penny forum."

The OP described an effect, then asked, "Any suggestions as to a preferred method?"

WHY, IF YOU HAVE OVER 50 POSTS, WOULD YOU EVER POSE SUCH A QUESTION IN PENNY? When you're looking for a method, go to Inner Thoughts. Always. It isn't visible to the general public. You'll get better answers there, too.

Think it's hard for a lurker to find this conversation about drawing duplications then to do a web search for the creators and effects listed in the above answers? Go do a web search for "drawing duplications" and see how easy it is for the public to find a hundred conversations about it, most from indiscriminate posting on the Café. Someday your audience will find the secret to your favorite drawing dupe the same way you found it... right here, out in the open.

Inner Thoughts is there for people who value secrecy. Please use it.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
334 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
No problem. Sorry, wasn't looking for exposure, just recommendations.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2564 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Jimmy Fingers has a thing that could help.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11556 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, bevbevvybev wrote:
Jimmy Fingers has a thing that could help.

Fingers I hope?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Drawing Duplication Suggestions? (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL