The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » David Bowie (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Smile

My favorites were probably "Heroes" and Rebel Rebel", although if you ask me tomorrow I might change my mind.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17500 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just can't believe it!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
330 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Heart broken.. Just completely devestating. Saw pictures of him the other day promoting black star and he looked great..

I don't know if it made it to the states but, I went to his career retrospective in Paris and it was something else.. He knew..

Peace and love to all who loved him
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent V.G
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15874 Posts

Profile of tommy
David Bowie, may he rest in peace, was great and my sister, she was a real fan.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
I actually shed a tear whilst listening to "Lady grinning soul" on the radio this morning.
That's never happened with the passing of any other of my "Heroes".
Gutted.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
This hit hard.

Bowie was a real artist and a great musician.

He he was the medium for his art, like a paint brush or a guitar.

-Mary Mowder
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27065 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
No idea what to make of black star as obituary, the performance of Lazarus, or the David Bowie Is show in this context.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I had the pleasure of working with Bowie's long-time guitarist, Mick Ronson, on a few recording projects. (Mick played that fabulous guitar riff on Rebel Rebel).

Did you know Bowie had two different colored eyes? I've only ever met one other person with this particular anomaly.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
330 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
No idea what to make of black star as obituary, the performance of Lazarus, or the David Bowie Is show in this context.

I too have wondered and it can only be thought of... just as his life was a piece of Art so is his death.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent V.G
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
633 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
David Bowie ALWAYS had great timing. I am not old enough to remember this myself, but back in the 1950s, Lucy Ricardo on "I Love Lucy" gave birth to her fictional son, "Little Ricky," on THE SAME DAY that Lucille Ball gave birth to her real-life child. If you read some of this morning's papers (USA Today, for example), you will see that many of them went to print BEFORE word got out that Bowie had passed away -- but these papers DID run reviews of "BlackStar," and it seems as though the reviews are universally extremely positive.

As Jonathan points out, the video for the song "Lazarus" is rich in images that now make a lot of sense -- clearly, he knew his remaining time was limited. Bowie has given us so much to think about, and to marvel at. I am not going to lie, I am not a fan of all his stuff; but I have always admired his creative spirit and his commitment to growth. God bless him, he never was content to rest on his (considerable) laurels.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2479 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
One "renaissance man" that the world will just have to get along without.

Good bye Ziggy, rest in peace.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1096 Posts

Profile of imgic
One of my favorite Bowie performances, because it was so...random. Yet it worked so well...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Many favorites but I've always loved Wild is the Wind.

-Mary Mowder
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5230 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Singer, musician, composer, lyricist, designer, actor...artist.

This one was like losing a family member. Bowie's music was the soundtrack of my life for so many years.

Favorites: his work with Brian Eno, anything off of Scary Monsters, and his duet with Queen's Freddie Mercury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

RIP Thin White Duke
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1323 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Much sadness here! He knew something of production as well; and in my opinion launched the career of a Texan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, who played on "Let's Dance" (hey, who IS that guitarist anyway?). btw, thanx Arthur for reminding us that his band included Mick Ronson. Last time I saw a video of Bowie was in a Christmas Carol set of duets with Bing Crosby. A 'renaissance man', yeah! Lynn
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, arthur stead wrote:
I had the pleasure of working with Bowie's long-time guitarist, Mick Ronson, on a few recording projects. (Mick played that fabulous guitar riff on Rebel Rebel).

I've got a few full concerts from Bob Dylan's "Rolling Thunder Revue" in '75 and '76 with Mick playing guitar.

He died awful young.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Rest peacefully Mr. Bowie. You were wonderful!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5230 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, lynnef wrote:
Much sadness here! He knew something of production as well; and in my opinion launched the career of a Texan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, who played on "Let's Dance" (hey, who IS that guitarist anyway?). btw, thanx Arthur for reminding us that his band included Mick Ronson. Last time I saw a video of Bowie was in a Christmas Carol set of duets with Bing Crosby. A 'renaissance man', yeah! Lynn

That guitarist re-shaped rock and will not be forgotten. I drank many a beer listening to Mr. Vaughan's licks.

http://www.guitarworld.com/david-bowie-s......le/26104
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4827 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
His music really meant a lot to me at various times in my life. A lot of musicians did, but he was one of my top ones. May he rest in peace. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, Jack Straw wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, arthur stead wrote:

I've got a few full concerts from Bob Dylan's "Rolling Thunder Revue" in '75 and '76 with Mick playing guitar.

He died awful young.

Hey, Jack ... I was at one of those Rolling Thunder concerts, in Boston in '75 or '76! Who knew that years later, I would work with Mick?

We were all crazy in those days ... (I could tell some stories) ... and that's unfortunately why Mick died so young.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » David Bowie (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL