The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Sure Thumper (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Hi everyone,

I have just released a new iPhone app called Sure Thumper. It's a simple thumper (a device that gives you secret signals, from an accomplice, in the form of vibrations.)

A couple of key things about the app:
- It does not require any internet signal
- It does not require any phone signal (no 4G, no 3G, no GPRS needed)
- It uses Bluetooth

This means that the signal sent from your accomplice does not have to travel around the world before getting to your phone. The connection between the remote and your phone is instantaneous, derect and can be done anywhere.

The other thing to mention is the remote that your accomplice uses. This can be another iPhone with Sure Thumper
Installed. However, you can also simply give someone a Bluetooth 'selfie button' or any other sort of Bluetooth remote.

Please note:
To save any confusion, the app does not do any of the advanced effects that Greg Rostami's excellent SuperThump does. If you buy this thinking that it's a cheap copy of Greg's app, you will be disappointed. Sure Thumper only does only one thing, and that is to turn you phone into a device that gives you secret signals, from an accomplice, in the form of vibrations.

Here's the link - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sure-thu......t=10lbQe

PS
The app is only for iPhones.
There is no Android version. If it is successful, I may make an Android version in future.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
271 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Bought it and it works superb. That is what I wanted for a very long time.

Thx a lot
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Special user
Tamil Nadu, India
853 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Android pl
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Glad this has been released! I used to use BuzzUka (a non magic app) but it was removed a few years back :-(

This is a perfect replacement, and a at a great price as well!
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Thank you ABK-Magic and MarcLavelle!

I'm glad you like it Smile
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Looks good but I only have ios 7 and just do not want to chance it messing up my other apps by upgrading you here so many horror stories still usr AR which is brilliant..
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Hi Fire Starter,

Good to hear you are still using AR Mind Reader. I had a lot of fun with that at The Session convention this weekend. The 'Buddy mode' is a real magician fooler Smile

Regarding the iOS version, I'm not sure what apps you think will mess up, but couldn't you try it out? I assume you can back up your phone with iTunes, update it, and then go back to a backup if there are problems? I've never tried this, I'm just surprised that you're still on iOS 7.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Damian Surr wrote:
Hi Fire Starter,

Good to hear you are still using AR Mind Reader. I had a lot of fun with that at The Session convention this weekend. The 'Buddy mode' is a real magician fooler Smile

Regarding the iOS version, I'm not sure what apps you think will mess up, but couldn't you try it out? I assume you can back up your phone with iTunes, update it, and then go back to a backup if there are problems? I've never tried this, I'm just surprised that you're still on iOS 7.

By "go back to a backup", you mean downgrade the iOS? It wouldn't work that way with iOS. Once you've upgraded you no longer can downgrade the iOS. If you still comfortable with iOS7 my suggestion is to just stick with it. But, some apps will only works with the latest iOS. So, in that term you might feel "left behind".

The good news is-- I know some developer can set their app so it compatible with iOS7+. Not for iOS9 only.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Thanks for the clarification daniltan.

I wasn't aware of any issues with updating to the latest iOS. I always keep my phone up to date and haven't had a problem with hardly any apps.

So, if you need iOS 7 Fire Starter, it sounds like you shouldn't update your iOS.

For everyone, who has a more up to date iOS on their phone, go and get Sure Thumper! Smile
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1445 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Does this work with Apple Watch?

Mike
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Hi Michael,

I'm told that the Apple Watch can be used as the remote in the following way:
"use the music glance and rotate the Digital Crown to increase or decrease the volume. This will also send vibrations to the iPhone"

A full Apple Watch version of the Sure Thumper app will be released as soon as we can get it finished.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1445 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Thanks Damian

Mike
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Damian Surr wrote:
Thanks for the clarification daniltan.

I wasn't aware of any issues with updating to the latest iOS. I always keep my phone up to date and haven't had a problem with hardly any apps.

So, if you need iOS 7 Fire Starter, it sounds like you shouldn't update your iOS.

For everyone, who has a more up to date iOS on their phone, go and get Sure Thumper! Smile

Thanks Damian that's what I thought,but hey good on you for bringing out some top apps.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Thanks Fire Starter Smile
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
With BT being the MO, would pebble support be possible? It'd be awesome to hand off your phone to a friend and them be able to thump your watch...or maybe even vice versa.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1132 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
With BT being the MO, would pebble support be possible? It'd be awesome to hand off your phone to a friend and them be able to thump your watch...or maybe even vice versa.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2016, DynaMix wrote:

Anydice app has that kinda feature already with pebble. As a bluetooth thumper, I wonder what the difference with sure thumper.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, DynaMix wrote:

Hi DynaMix,

Apparently, a Pebble watch can already be used as the 'remote' (so the vice versa part of your question is already in place!). I haven't tried this myself (I don't own a Pebble watch), but it has been discussed in the Sure Thumper facebook group. The users in there have found a way to do it that is working well for people.

I don't have any plans to enable a Pebble watch to be the thumping/vibrating end of the set up, but if enough people ask for it I can look into it.

Thanks,
Damian
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2016, DynaMix wrote:

Anydice app has that kinda feature already with pebble. As a Bluetooth thumper, I wonder what the difference with sure thumper.

Hi daniltan,

A friend of mine showed me Any Dice a couple of weeks ago. It's a lovely app!

In terms of the differences, the first thing I'd mention is the use of Sure Thumper when both the accomplice and the performer are using the app on iPhones. This is the best use of the app and includes a feature where the accomplice gets feedback on if the 'thump' has been received or not. I don't know of any other thumping app that does this via Bluetooth, but I could be wrong.

Secondly, the ability to use a standard Bluetooth selfie button (or media remote, or Bluetooth headset) as the remote is unique I believe. But again, I could be wrong.

Finally, the price! Smile I'm going to be raising the price of Sure Thumper on Monday, but it will still be significantly cheaper than any other Thumper app that I know of.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not knocking Any Dice at all. From what I know of it, it's a lovely app, with a great set up with the Pebble, and lots of features. I've just pointed out some differences between the apps in response to the question.

Cheers,
Damian
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Thank you for the info, Damian. IMO, you're not knocking Anydice at all..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Sure Thumper (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL