We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Great Harry Lorrayne On Johnny Carson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9391 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I must say I have been enjoying the Johnny Carson Show that started airing on Antenna TV beginning January 1st. Last night's show featured Harry Lorrayne doing his famous audience memory demonstration and it was just another reminder what a great performer and showman Harry is. Every time I see him perform I am impressed with his talents and showmanship skills. He entertains, educates and really makes you think anything is possible with the right approach and mindset.

Also Harry seems ageless. He looks fantastic and you can tell that Johnny truly likes, admires and respects Harry. There seems to be a genuine friendship there.

I hope Harry might chime in with some behind the scenes insight on what we didn't see about this performance and the Tonight Show. It mentions he spent some time meeting audience members earlier in the day. How long did you spend with them? To what extent did you speak to them, and do you have a ritual during this process? Was Johnny around during this (he seems so genuinely interested in it and the process). Also any other insight you might be willing to share would be appreciated.

Much if his approach and methods are included in his many great books, but it would be good to hear about these television appearances themselves and any specific challenges t.v. audiences and performances may present. Great job Harry!
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I saw it too. I've read about his audience memory but don't remember ever seeing him perform it (although I must've, I watched Carson every night)
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
The Tonight Show was the first place I ever saw Harry Lorrayne. As I recall, he was always presented as a memory expert. It wasn't until years later that I learned he was also a magician.
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
Harry does not have a great memory. I believe he simply used magic to make it happen. His stunts were all just magic illusions.

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Great Harry Lorrayne On Johnny Carson (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL