The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SLICE by Sensor Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Http://sensor-magic.com/Downloads.aspx

This is awesome! I just watched the tutorial and cant wait to make this gimmick up tonight.

This is what a card thru card should look like... so visual.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
Http://sensor-magic.com/Downloads.aspx

This is awesome! I just watched the tutorial and cant wait to make this gimmick up tonight.

Is the gimmick easy to make? Smile

DO you need to buy extra stuff? Smile

Looks very good indeed!
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
You can make the gimmick up in about 5-10 minutes and then you're set (no need to make up new ones for each performance).

Very little supplies are needed to make the gimmick and any househould should have what you need.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
The card pulled through is examinable ,nothing really happens to that, but people will want to see the Joker?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Both examinable in the end
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:

Wow I will look out for this one when the reviews start coming in ,look's very visual indeed and amazed the folded card can be examined straight away.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:
Quote:

Wow I will look out for this one when the reviews start coming in ,look's very visual indeed and amazed the folded card can be examined straight away.

I very much doubt it's "straight away". I'm pretty sure they cut some moves from the video as usual.
Official Thread Killer
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Stucky wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I very much doubt it's "straight away". I'm pretty sure they cut some moves from the video as usual.

Yes I have to agree there Stucky and should of said what I was really thinking,lol.The only way is to switch that folded card ,then Both can be examined in the end.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
There's no switch. there is a clean up, kind of similar to Evolve
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Stucky wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I have to agree there Stucky and should of said what I was really thinking,lol.The only way is to switch that folded card ,then Both can be examined in the end.

The folded card can be immediately handed out for examination Smile) no switches of either cards
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is a very nice effect.

Nicholas is very talented when it comes to an efficient way to make a gimmick. This is no exception.

Good work Nicholas!
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:

I'd say Slice is most VISUAL card penetration effect that I have ever seen. The last part of the demo on the trailer (time 01:04 - 01:05) is quite spectacular and revealed beautifully when the spectator pulled out the signed card from the folded Joker, and the Joker was IMMEDIATELY shown to be clean. This is the BEST part of Slice and I'm sure that Nicholas Lawrence's Jaw-Dropping effect will leave the audience as well as the illusionists speechless.

If convenient, I'd also like to enjoy watching your LIVE performance on a real spectator regarding the last part of the demo. Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, SamChak wrote:
The last part of the demo on the trailer (time 01:04 - 01:05) is quite spectacular and revealed beautifully when the spectator pulled out the signed card from the folded Joker, and the Joker was IMMEDIATELY shown to be clean.

don't want to burst your bubble or question the integrity of the trailer (because I think its a very fair trailer), but since you called out that last moment at 1:04 specifically.... the joker cannot be immediately shown to be clean as it appears to be at that one specific part of the trailer.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Wow this is truly a thing of beauty go sensor magic!
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
don't want to burst your bubble or question the integrity of the trailer (because I think its a very fair trailer), but since you called out that last moment at 1:04 specifically.... the joker cannot be immediately shown to be clean as it appears to be at that one specific part of the trailer.

Thank you for your response. As a magician, I can accept the fact that the Slice effect involves some brilliant gimmickry. Although the Joker can only be handed out for inspection after some clean-up, at least from the first-person's point of view (as seen in the trailer), the Joker is "optically shown" to be clean (no slit) as soon as the card is pulled out at 1:05. I believe that this is the Wow factor! Therefore, I still regard that this is something close to real MAGIC that will leave the audience wanting more.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Anyone have this and Breakout by Brandon David & Chris Turchi to contrast them. Similar effect. Curious if slice has stronger pros to it.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, randyburtis wrote:
Anyone have this and Breakout by Brandon David & Chris Turchi to contrast them. Similar effect. Curious if slice has stronger pros to it.

In my opinion, this is far superior to breakout for many reasons. I don't understand the reason for folding the card in thirds other than because it's necessary for the method. It just seems unnatural. Plus you don't get the visual removal at the end.
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Plus you don't get the visual removal at the end.

Visual penetration all the way is the selling point of the Slice effect! Smile
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
I wish there was a way I could buy up all the downloads before some moron exposes this on youtube. This is amazing- the visual extraction moment of the card is breathtaking. Why is this only 10 bux?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
I wish there was a way I could buy up all the downloads before some moron exposes this on youtube. This is amazing- the visual extraction moment of the card is breathtaking. Why is this only 10 bux?

Because Nicholas just wants to share his creativity!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SLICE by Sensor Magic (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL