The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Space Time by Tom Elderfield (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks for the detailed information Mark. Can always rely on you to give an honest and straight answer.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Looks great, might have to pick this up. I've used Hollow my Menny Lenfield for many years. But they don't make them anymore, last one I managed to get was very dry and old seeming.
Plus this one seems you can show both sides. Nice update.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
AReady
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of AReady
I haven't done a hole effect before and am curious, could it be done with other cards such as business cards or only with playing cards?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1405 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
It's set up for playing cards. I guess you could (for personal use) have the gimmick remade by someone, using a business card. Or take apart the gimmick youself to understand the system, and build a version out of business cards, if you like arts and crafts.

Personally, I'd just do the trick, impress the spectator and leave them with my business card at the end.

Best wishes
Dominic
AReady
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of AReady
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
It's set up for playing cards. I guess you could (for personal use) have the gimmick remade by someone, using a business card. Or take apart the gimmick youself to understand the system, and build a version out of business cards, if you like arts and crafts.

Personally, I'd just do the trick, impress the spectator and leave them with my business card at the end.

Best wishes
Dominic

Thanks, Dominic, appreciate your reply and advice Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Interesting I like it Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3535 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I'm interested in hearing how this compares to void.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2610 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I learned this from another hole punching effect to fake the hole punch you click your thumbnail on the metal clicker (handle) on the hole puncher. This gives a great sound as you act out punching the hole.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1405 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, tophatter wrote:
I learned this from another hole punching effect to fake the hole punch you click your thumbnail on the metal clicker (handle) on the hole puncher. This gives a great sound as you act out punching the hole.

Nice tip. If it helps, you can increase the size of the holes with Space Time, which makes the hole punching part easier

Hope this helps
Dominic
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
How does this differs from the other one from TJiu Agas?
Michael Mindreader
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael Mindreader
How thick is the card?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
From what I've heard, only one card ! Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
WOW! that's amazing if it's just the thickness of one card. Both side can be displayed in live situation?
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
If that's the case congrats on putting out a winner Tom!
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
489 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Looks like Hollow 1 - only difference seems to be the possibility of showing the front of the card during the routine...
I still prefer Hollow. Why? Because the spectator can choose any card, sees a hole travelling on his card (with no need to show the front) and at the end of the routine the hole jumps from his card to another card. Afterwards the spec. can also examine both cards.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Well, showing the front is the kicker. Moving the hole along the back could be any card to a layman. This is impossible. Hollow looks pretty nice, but at more than two cards thick, this and Void look infinitely better.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
Well, showing the front is the kicker. Moving the hole along the back could be any card to a layman. This is impossible. Hollow looks pretty nice, but at more than two cards thick, this and Void look infinitely better.

I've performed Hollow for ages , not a single human noticed the thickness diff , the gimmicked card is face down with edges hidden away from their view . When done correctly , spectators should agree that the fave down card is exactly their card . The switch is very convincing .

Nevertheless , for space time showing the front of the card is indeed a kicker . Furthermore with the thickness advantage of only being one card thick , I will be checking this out .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
489 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2016, Magician560 wrote:

[...] When done correctly , spectators should agree that the fave down card is exactly their card . The switch is very convincing . [...]

Exactly!
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3535 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Can anyone compare this to Void? Could one of the dealers chime in?

KJ
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
They look exactly similar in terms of everything ... I don't believe great minds think exactly alike though so ... Will appreciate if insides are given .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Space Time by Tom Elderfield (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL