The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Space Time by Tom Elderfield (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1405 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, Alex DLF wrote:
From what I've heard, only one card ! Smile

Hi. Thought I should drop in here, so this point is clear. The gimmick is thicker than a normal playing card. It's around the thickness of 3 playing cards.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1405 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Ben Williams from the Merchant of Magic caught up with Tom Elderfield late last night, for a chat about Space Time:

Hope this helps
Dominic Reyes
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3536 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks, Dominic. This seems like the same concept as Tjiu's "Cross" and Tjiu's new "Void". Am I wrong?

KJ
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
This does look like the CROSS method just being adapted to a hole . Apologize if I'm wrong . However if it's correct , this means there will be limitations to lighting ? I hope this looks better than Cross and can possibly be performed in the shiny lovely day ... I enjoyed performing CROSS at darker gigs or environments , but just cannot overcome the phobia of holding the gimmick in front of a spectator's face in the day , for the reason of thickness and the gimmick's nature . I'm having great expectations for Space Time .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Wait, I'm confused. Can I perform Tom Elderfield's Space Time effect using Agus Tjiu's Void gimmick?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
A lot of you had questions so here is a full performance and a Q&A for Space Time

-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
It seems according to a member here who has seen the Void gimmick that the Void gimmick is about one card thick, so if this is three then I'll have to wait and compare as that's a huge difference for essentially the same effect.

Also, from what's been written so far this is not the same as the Cross method, so we'll see if that's accurate as well.
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
It seems according to a member here who has seen the Void gimmick that the Void gimmick is about one card thick, so if this is three then I'll have to wait and compare as that's a huge difference for essentially the same effect.

Also, from what's been written so far this is not the same as the Cross method, so we'll see if that's accurate as well.

This is not the same at Cross, it is similar but I different.
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Hey guys Chris Oberle here from Murphys Magic. I had the honor of being apart of the Space Time project. The first time I saw the effect from Tom I fell in love with it so it was an honor for Tom to have me do the performances and tutorials on the project. There are routines that I do on Space Time that I came up with that fit my performance style but I also go through a lot of other presentational ideas on the project to spark your creativity. Some of which are ideas from Tom as well as some other creators as well.

As far as the thickness of the gimmick to be honest it's not thick at all. I know some of us are picky with what color decks we use but Space Time will be available in both Red and Blue. I also read earlier in the forum about handing the gimmick out. There is always time and misdirection in the routine to do a t.c and I talk about that.

Overall I believe you guys will really like this. When we went out and performed it I got great reactions and this is something that your spectators will remember and talk about. I have no doubt in my mind that you guys will like this.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Something fishy about these Void and SpaceTime things.. I wonder what happen..
magic_tony
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
If you're worried about the thickness of the card, watch the Vanishing Inc demo in HD. You'll also get an idea of the mechanics involved in working the effect. This makes it clear that the card is 3 cards thick.

It does look pretty cool.

You can see the 'closed' hole in the VI demo, but it will probably pass by spectators who are stood an arm's length away from you when you perform it, especially if you're not in a brightly lit environment.
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Getting mine next week! Super excited!

- Alex
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7584 Posts

Profile of pegasus
100 percent X2 on WPR.

http://youtu.be/OYTLzpJz-Kc

16 minutes in.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The reviews on Penguin are not that great. Saying the gimmick is poorly made. Anybody have there yet?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3536 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this, and my gimmick was not well made either. They could have easily been made better. Unfortunately, whoever made them was careless. With my gimmick, when showing one hole, another hole is partially exposed. Interesting effect to have one and a half holes on the card, but I don't think that is what we are going for.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3536 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
By comparison, I can't speak for Void, but the method is different from Tjiu's Cross. If you have cross, I would say that this method is much better (If the gimmick is constructed properly).

KJ
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
Void is much better than Space time, space time gimmick not easy use and bad made.
buy Void
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
When is void going to be available and will it be through penguin and other retailers?
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
489 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, pegasus wrote:
100 percent X2 on WPR.

http://youtu.be/OYTLzpJz-Kc

16 minutes in.

Yes, cause they want to sell it Smile Smile Smile
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7584 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Let's hope that buyers send these duff units back and replaced free of charge including postage. Thanks for the warnings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Space Time by Tom Elderfield (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL