The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Space Time by Tom Elderfield (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I have this, and my gimmick was not well made either. They could have easily been made better. Unfortunately, whoever made them was careless. With my gimmick, when showing one hole, another hole is partially exposed. Interesting effect to have one and a half holes on the card, but I don't think that is what we are going for.

Oh my..! A partially exposed hole is beyond reasonably acceptable when compared with the much trivial misalignment issue. Smile

Since the ad copy states that Tom Elderfield's Space Time is a hand-crafted gimmick with attention to every detail, and this is a a manufacturing defect, the sellers are liable to honor an replacement.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, danskefogden wrote:
Void is much better than Space time, space time gimmick not easy use and bad made.

Hi, Would you do a proper review on this? Which parts of Tom Elderfield's Space Time gimmick are difficult to use and poorly made? How does the gimmick affect your performance? Have you checked with others if they received some well-constructed Space Time gimmicks?
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I might prefer mass produced gimmick ... At least mass produced gimmicks are mostly made by machines . Hand made gimmicks however , has a tendency to carry errors , it's made by humans and mostly made at a fast speed .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2016, SamChak wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, danskefogden wrote:
Void is much better than Space time, space time gimmick not easy use and bad made.

Hi, Would you do a proper review on this? Which parts of Tom Elderfield's Space Time gimmick are difficult to use and poorly made? How does the gimmick affect your performance? Have you checked with others if they received some well-constructed Space Time gimmicks?

+1 on this one too.. Would want to read more about this..
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2611 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Sam - you should contact where you purchased it & Get a New one ! I didn't buy it cause I read a review on penguin magic Same problem you have !
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Would it be possible to remake the gimmick with some arts and crafts?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Tom showed me this a few years ago and I remember just cussing him out for it. Its a gorgeous piece of magic with a stunning gimmick. This think could only be a hit!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7568 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Indeed Alan, if they were made correctly. In the meantime I say leave well alone.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3535 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:

Yes, Sean, I think it would be very doable to remake it. It's not a couple minute project, but maybe

thirty minutes.

KJ
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 31, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:

Yes, Sean, I think it would be very doable to remake it. It's not a couple minute project, but maybe

thirty minutes.

KJ

I did tried making the gimmick for CROSS ( which I think revolved around the same principle for Space Time ) . I succeeded making an acceptable one after 2 tries . Each taking about an hour . The measurement and cutting is enough to kill me ... It's possible to make an acceptable one , but it takes lots of patience .

- Albert Einstein
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I love this thing! Mine came constructed perfectly and even then I was able to remake one pretty easily.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 31, 2016, alexlatorre wrote:
I love this thing! Mine came constructed perfectly and even then I was able to remake one pretty easily.

So you made another one and it is easy for you ... !

Wow ...

- Albert Einstein
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Quote:

So you made another one and it is easy for you ... !

Wow ...

I'm not sure if that "wow" is a good wow or a bad wow. In any case, you just have to pull your gimmick apart to see the exact measurements.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

It's a good wow ... U must have been quite skilled in making gimmicks then ... I'm a little curious why you pulled your newly arrived perfectly constructed Space Time gimmick apart just to make another one .

- Albert Einstein
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
It's a good wow ... U must have been quite skilled in making gimmicks then ... I'm a little curious why you pulled your newly arrived perfectly constructed Space Time gimmick apart just to make another one .

To have a different kinda card? In the demo is always the Jack of Spades if I'm not mistaken.
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
It's a good wow ... U must have been quite skilled in making gimmicks then ...

Alex is the creator of Holered, so I'm not surprised if he has gifted craftsmanship in gimmickry.

Don't you think that it is natural for any maker to be tempted to explore the inner workings of any handcrafted gimmick more by ripping a perfect gimmick apart and examining it, either to make more of them, or to adopt the method in other gaff card projects? Smile

~ Albert Einstein ~
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I see ~ got what you mean . For a creater , seeing the inside definitely helps to spark more creativity and future ideas .

- Albert Einstein
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Quote:

No doubt that Space Time is an ingenious product from the creative mind of Tom Elderfield. I'm glad that you received a perfectly-constructed handcrafted gimmick. From the perspectives of most buyers, a perfect gimmick should have these characteristics:

(1) Undetected disruptive camouflage
(2) Undisturbed continuous opening
(3) High-cycle fatigue life

~ Albert Einstein ~
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I wish there's a product teaches people how to 'make gimmicks'. I am very interested to learn. Never been a handy person but I'd love to.
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I opened it to see the exact measurements, as I had been playing with a similar method, and I wanted to see how my measurements compared to the ones used in Space Time. Not to hijack this topic, but I had to remove Holered, as it was unoriginal. Returning to Space Time, once you understand the method behind it, you should be able to construct one pretty easily. If you need any help with the measurements shoot me a PM.

-Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Space Time by Tom Elderfield (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL