The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Contrast by Victor Sanz (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kevin Li
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kevin Li
So I guess there is a new chris on the block... He looks kind of angry haha

http://www.sansminds.com/index.php/sm-proshop/contrast.html

Contrast is a single card color change that you can do it to a SIGN and TORN card. The change is extremely visual and can be done openly right in front of the spectators. Once the magical moment happens the card can immediately hand out for examination. You spectator can also keep the impossible souvenir. Words cannot explain how impossible this effect is! Check out the trailer NOW!
Hand crafted gimmick included
Two handling: Full card color change and 3/4 card color change
Fully examinable

*TV rights NOT included with purchase. All TV rights reserved and available from SansMinds Magic only.
- See more at: http://www.sansminds.com/index.php/sm-pr......2Ud.dpuf
"Be yourself and Stay original"
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I think this is very nice! Very visual and its fantastic that it can be examined!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1593 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Is Chris no longer with SM? This effect does look good.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1306 Posts

Profile of barts185
Do these pieces (from the trailer) look like they are from the same card?

Considering how good they normally are at editing their trailers, I was surprised to see this.

Click here to view attached image.
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
63 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
Looks so visual and seems good but a honest review must be needed for all sm stuff.
Magic McKing
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic McKing
I am SO fooled... placing my order now..
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Holy cr@p. I am familiar with all if not most gimmick cards. I have no idea on this one. And you can hand the signed card out right away?! Looks too good to be true.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I haven't liked Sansminds latest releases much (Denail, Pierce and Digital Twin were all stinkers) but this looks wtf crazy. And it comes with a premade gimmick (gasp)!

Speaking of Sansminds, what happened to annoying boy spokesman? The new guy is so normal.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7584 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is there a demo anywhere?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......dvd.html

:)
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
What are your thoughts on it Mark?

Any good?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We don't have this yet, it is due later this week.

The effect is truly amazing to watch, I'm sure like many I hope it is good for table hoping for strolling.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2016, HusssKarson wrote:
Holy cr@p. I am familiar with all if not most gimmick cards. I have no idea on this one. And you can hand the signed card out right away?! Looks too good to be true.

When something looks tot good to be true, it is because it is too good to be true.

If people are expecting that you will get a card which looks just as good as a normal card which you can handle fair and cleanly, just as a normal card which you then can hand out without any switches or clean up, just as you see in the trailer. Well, then you are in for a massive disappointment because then you are expecting real magic.

Does the torn off corner really add anything to the effect for someone why has not seen a very visual color change before? To a laymen? I do not think so.

But hey, most magicians do not perform in the real world and are just collectors looking for real magic.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2016, HusssKarson wrote:

Well, you don't know all gimmick cards then Smile If you think a little bit,you can come up with a very easy way of achieving the effect, maybe not THE method used but a one which works.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7584 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......dvd.html

:)

Thanks Mark. Is this released tomorrow as per the website?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I just checked and it did not make our delivery that is due tomorrow so it will be Friday.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

YvanZmn
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of YvanZmn
Waiting for reviews but it looks pretty good. Wonder what happened to the old Chris though!
fishfishfish87
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of fishfishfish87
Looks stunning, but with all Sans Minds releases, best to wait till the reviews come in...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7584 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I cannot believe no one is willing to take 'one for the team' with this product. It takes a very brave Wing Man to take a hit with a Sansminds release. Smile
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
Before anyone buys this, just ask yourself this, why don't they show what leads up to the color change and what takes place after handing it out. After all, it is a gimmick they are selling.

All we see is the change, then cuts, cuts and more cuts to someone cleanly handing out the card. Of course, this is not how it is going to play out in the real world. Anyone who has been into magic for more than a few years and stopped looking for real magic know that this is true.

Of course, the card will not look as good as it does in the trailer out in the real world either, as long as you have handled card gimmick of this type before, you know that this is true as well.

Just look at a prior Sandminds release, travel, which looked AMAZING in the trailer, and in reality it looked anywhere from CRAP to decent depending if you got a good gimmick or not.

I know that I do sound negative, bit I do hate seeing people getting fooled by the big magic companies. Most of us have a limited budget for new magic and it sucks getting new things that you play around with for 5 minutes and then put in in a drawer where it stays.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Contrast by Victor Sanz (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL