The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » 'New' Gypsy Curse card set (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Peter Kane's Gypsy Curse is one of my all time favourites. I see that there is a new version of cards produced by Card-Shark. Does anyone who has both the original and this version have any comments about whether either set is better design or handling wise? It's just that I already have the handling and routine, and don't know whether there is any reason why I should invest in simply getting slioghtly different cards.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
This isn't what you asked for exactly, but you might want to take a look at it anyway. It's Spellbinder's Invisible Tarot collection which contains two versions that can end with Peter Kane's Gypsy Curse ending. "Death and Taxes" in which nine different tarot cards are used to give a spectator a Tarot reading, then the cards begin to change to all Death images. At the end, the cards can again be shown on both sides, as in Peter Kane's Gypsy Curse ending.

The second is a "Devil Cursed Wild Card" in which seven Taxman Tarot Cards turn into seven Devil Cards along the road to Hell.

You can find them in the back room of the Crafty Little Shoppe of Horrors at The Magic Nook to learn more about them.
If not interested, just pretend I was never here.
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
These cards look good jim, I'll consider the possibility thanks.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Card-Sharks Cards are a little smaller and have a aged tinted ( dirty worn)look to them. Different routine included. I like them better then the standard set.
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Thanks Leo, it's very helpful for me to know they are a tad smaller. I always wished they woulkd be when making the Hammon Count.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
I always thought it would be great to do Gypsy Curse with tarot style cards. I'll definitely have to look into Spellbinder's Invisible Tarot collection!

Thanks!

Mike
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Fred Kaps used a different methodology (and different cards than the ordinary Gypsy Curse card set). I'm now racking my brain to try to remember where I read about (or watched?) Fred's handling being described. I thought that it was described in Ken Krenzel's OOP "Ingenuities" OOP book, but I now don't recognize any title name in which Fred's effect was described. If any Café member knows the source for describing Fred's methodology, I'd be grateful if such member would send me the source in a PM. Man! It's tough getting old(er). (grin)

Thanks a lot.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2016, Turk wrote:
Fred Kaps used a different methodology (and different cards than the ordinary Gypsy Curse card set). I'm now racking my brain to try to remember where I read about (or watched?) Fred's handling being described. I thought that it was described in Ken Krenzel's OOP "Ingenuities" OOP book, but I now don't recognize any title name in which Fred's effect was described. If any Café member knows the source for describing Fred's methodology, I'd be grateful if such member would send me the source in a PM. Man! It's tough getting old(er). (grin)

Thanks a lot.

Mike

For those that might be interested in the above-referenced effect that I was inquiring about, it was a Darwin Ortiz Café post that discusses both the Fred Kaps effect ("7 Card Gypsy Monte") and Darwin Ortiz' updated variation ("Beat the Devil") with names and source material references being provided by Darwin.

The Café link containing that information is: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218 .

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » 'New' Gypsy Curse card set (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL