The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed 2.0 by Menny Lindenfeld (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1375 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
"If you think the visual looks incredible,wait until you see and handle the gimmick! SEALED looks like real magic. Menny's a genius"
- Dynamo

SEALED 2.0™ is a new, redesigned and improved gimmick. Precision-made of strong, high quality materials and designed to last for a lifetime of use. The new gimmick is fully self-contained – NO REFILLS needed! And is compatible both with a deck of cards and a cigarette box.

Perform insanely-visual miniature card-in-window type of effects with various small and verifiable objects (signed cards, bills, coins, business cards etc.)

With the cellophane wrap pulled halfway out of the cigarette/card box, perform a visually stunning matter-through-matter miracle by causing the signed object to VISIBLY PENETRATE the hanging cellophane:

Magically toss a singed card, bill or coin, through any of the cellophane panels!

With the signed folded card resting on top of the out-jogged cellophane, cause it to VISIBLY FALL THROUGH the top panel!

Have the card or bill on a spectator's open palm and without touching it, SNATCH IT away with the hanging cellophane - The signed folded card will VISIBLY JUMP into the cellophane from the spectator's own hand!

You can shake the object about, and let the spectator verify it is indeed his/her signature on the object inside! You can hand out both the cellophane and object as a souvenir!

• Super visual effect.
• Redesigned & improved gimmick.
• Gimmick comes ready for use!
• High quality, long lasting & 100% reliable.
• Only one minute to set up!
• Fully self-contained.
• No refills!
• Use signed cards, coins, bills & more.
• Compatible with card deck & cigarette box.
• Cellophane & object are fully examinable!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6658
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
I assembled the original pretty well and still couldn't get it to shoot properly. This new gimmick comes premade. that's a plus. If it is truly long lasting and works 100% of the time. Take my money.
marco dra
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of marco dra
Hallo
as you can see from my message last year in the original post of "sealed" I had redesigned and built a new gimmick entirely of non magnetic metal.
menny was immediately excited (many thanks to Penguin Magic that made possible our meeting!) and in recent months we have made some structural changes, we replaced the means of propulsion with a system that provides more power and does not need spare parts ,We refined the measures and tried various solutions.
the new gimmick is virtually forever and since the first version does not miss a beat!
I know I'm not the right person to say it ... but it is worthy of James Bond! It is gorgeous and you will be sad for not being able to show off your new toy to friends! ( it's the same for me ...!)
menny has made a new editing instructions which relate to the preparation that has been simplified without changing the versions of the trick, adding the possibility to use a packet of cigarettes instead of the cards.

It has been a pleasure working with mr. Lindenfeld and are thrilled that finally has come online and can not wait to read the new reviews!

if I can be useful for questions just ask
...and sorry for my english...!
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Thanks. A metal gimmick souds like a worker.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I loved the first Version for the Idea, but I'm pretty sure that this new updated Version will be a winner. definetly made of Metal to last for ever. thumbs up menny to overthink it and thums up to marco, helping to redesign the gimmick!!! Smile Smile Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Is there anyway to see a full performance from the start when they sign the card etc so we can see how clean if a get ready there may be before the penetration? Yeah it looks good but how logical and practical is the get ready?
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Is there anyway to see a full performance from the start when they sign the card etc so we can see how clean if a get ready there may be before the penetration? Yeah it looks good but how logical and practical is the get ready?

what you see in the trailer is pretty much a full performance. just the part of picking a card is missed, the rest is selfcontained. ne need to force a card.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
No, because you don't just come out with the cellophane half way down the box do you?
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
938 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I also liked the idea of Sealed but found it very unreliable (even after constructing two gimmicks!).

Just had a chance to see the new improved gimmick at penguin (downloadable video instructions).
The new design and construction looks amazing, really really clever! and yes no refills any more!!!.
I'll let you know when it arrives. If it is reliable it will go through the roof!

I also want you to be aware of this:
I just wish they have offered this solid version earlier.
Version 1.0 should'nt have been on the market with all its flaws (material, design, problems).
It just not felt ready yet and a early troubleshooting pdf proves that to me.

It might me a idea to give a small discount to customers of version 1.0 (who were not able to use it!).
Or the option to just buy the gimmick (without DVD).
I support this great idea but I (we) don't want to feel like a beta tester.
marco dra
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of marco dra
If I got it right...your question's if is realy ready to work... if you have seen the new gimmick you understand that the forces are high in game, more than first gimmick... the "calibration" is a question of tens of millimeter on a wing position, metal wing is strong and flexible and you can do it in minutes....but is possible you don't need to do it...
when you have calibrated will be 100% reliable, I have extensively tested, the trigger is easier, the effect faster, handle is safer...

if you need more , pm me! Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11797 Posts

Profile of John C
Stupid question from me but do you use the same cellophane. I mean cellophane is fragile. Do you need to replace it often or ever?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
marco dra
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of marco dra
John C , no you don't need to replace cellophane
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
No, because you don't just come out with the cellophane half way down the box do you?

Anyone care to elaborate on this?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1855 Posts

Profile of Platt
Word of warning. The first version of this was more or less unusable. The construction was a nightmare and really not the least bit practical. I can't speak for everyone, but it was really ultimate example of video fooler that had no place in the real world. I'd be curious if a single person went in to perform the trick. Proceed with 2.0 with caution. And agree that anyone who got stuck with the non-usable first version should get a hefty discount (if not free) on 2.0. But oh what a video!
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1765 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I ordered v2 as I was so impressed with the thinking behind v1 and the effect overall.

After watching the new video, the improvements to the gimmick look fantastic- well done!

I will report back how well it works when it arrives this week.

And for those complaining about v1 being a prototype and asking for a discount, etc. I bought v1, assembled it correctly, it didn't work so I sent it back to Penguin for a refund and they obliged- no questions asked. Customer service is there for a reason- so don't just bite the bullet on a faulty product.

With that said, I'm very excited about the potential of the new gimmick and can't wait to get my hands on it.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, Platt wrote:
Word of warning. The first version of this was more or less unusable. The construction was a nightmare and really not the least bit practical. I can't speak for everyone, but it was really ultimate example of video fooler that had no place in the real world. I'd be curious if a single person went in to perform the trick. Proceed with 2.0 with caution. And agree that anyone who got stuck with the non-usable first version should get a hefty discount (if not free) on 2.0. But oh what a video!

I agree.

Personally I do not think that we as magicians should suport creators/magic-shops who rushes an impractical product to the market, just to release a more practical version later. I do think people who buys the first version should be offered an apology and be given the new version for free.

A lot of video games, computer programs are often rushed to the market today, because of time limits and pressure from the publisher etc, which is annoying, but atlas they will give you a patch for free and instead of having you buy a new product, which would be unacceptable in any other market than in the magic industry.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
938 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
I ordered v2 as I was so impressed with the thinking behind v1 and the effect overall.

After watching the new video, the improvements to the gimmick look fantastic- well done!

I will report back how well it works when it arrives this week.

And for those complaining about v1 being a prototype and asking for a discount, etc. I bought v1, assembled it correctly, it didn't work so I sent it back to Penguin for a refund and they obliged- no questions asked. Customer service is there for a reason- so don't just bite the bullet on a faulty product.

With that said, I'm very excited about the potential of the new gimmick and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I contacted them and got a replacment which arrived without damage.
But the second one didn't worked either because of design/construction flaws.
A part of it tends to break easily, another part will get stuck easily.
Poor materials even if assembled correctly.

Iam looking forward to V2.0 but still think a discount or the option to buy it as a single unit, would make sense.
I just wanted a gimmick that works and iam optimistic about the new one!
Lets see..
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11797 Posts

Profile of John C
I would like to have this if it works as in the video. That's real magic. We'll see said the blind man.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Markus Ng
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Markus Ng
Anyone have this yet? Want to get a review, spent too much money in the past month so choosing carefully
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
So can this be clarified - as this is not shown in the trailer...
You take the deck out (with cellophane on) you take cards out etc etc. in example selection is signed and folded. You pick the box up and pull the cellophane half way down then do penetration?
Is this what happens in performance?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed 2.0 by Menny Lindenfeld (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL