The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Cognitive Symbol Test Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
In today's post came The Morton-Young Cognitive Symbol Test book, to give it its full title. A small pocket sized hardback book it contains the Visionary 2 cards, with front and back shown on each separate page.

The book looks and feels like a proper psychological test book. It can also be something that can be carried around and used at a moments notice. Although I only received the book at lunchtime, I have used it twice today and each time the assisting spectator was fascinated.

The book and concept is truly brilliant and the secret so cleverly disguised this is something I will have no hesitation is using.

In the interest of disclosure, I paid for my copy and should I ever have the misfortune of losing it, I would buy another straightaway.

More details can be found at www.thoughtillusions.com

I recommend this whole heartedly.

Neil
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2016, NeilS wrote:
The book looks and feels like a proper psychological test book.

Hi Neil, I have to ask... when you say "a proper psychological test book" - what do you mean, please?
I've asked to be banned
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Something that looks as if it is designed for genuine psychological testing.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:

Pretty obvious, Neil, to most. Only takes a minute to search it out if you need to. Great piece of kit.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Stephen Young is putting out some outstanding stuff. If you are a Visionary 2.0 fan like I am, you will absolutely love this book. He has a great video of it and his speed tarot book as well out there. If you PM him, I am sure he will share the link with you and you can see for yourself.
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
343 Posts

Profile of gibby357
This looks awesome. I was not even aware of Visionary 2.0. Sheesh, I predict more money leaving my pocket soon as I can find these items. LOL!

Leo
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2016, jaizon wrote:
Quote:

Pretty obvious, Neil, to most. Only takes a minute to search it out if you need to. Great piece of kit.

well, no... not "pretty obvious"...and if you do google around, you don't get that at all - you get books ABOUT how to run clean and thorough psychological tests, hence me asking... Smile
I've asked to be banned
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Since writing the review, I have used the book many times and it has become one of my favourite items. It looks so good and with nothing untoward to be seen or found.

I have also sent Steve a further idea which can be used to extend a routine and gather he will be putting it on Facebook for those who have the book.

Neil
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
I own both Visionary versions and as soon as Steve showed me this book I was sold.
On the waiting list, waiting to baffle some more people. Smile
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Looking forward to a live demo (followed by a purchase) at Blackpool three weeks
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I will have a limited amount at Blackpool. (Half a dozen probably)

Steve
TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
I haven't seen this product or its predecessors before, but I watched the descriptive video and I love the way it plays out. There is a little nuance that grabbed my attention since it fits so smoothly with my performance style - something I already use, but visually and conceptually different in every way to the spectator.

Bookmarked. I'll be getting this when it is ready to ship.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks for the great words guys.
Very much appreciated.

i have about 6 left at the moment
Steve
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
It is a special birthday coming up for my wife and - brave woman - she has asked to do a few effects at her party but has specifically requested CSTB. Of all the things I do it is her favourite and still she has no idea.

Neil
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Your wife has exquisite taste.......... Well except when it comes to choosing men maybe. Smile
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of NeilS
In view of Steve's last remark, I am not sure I should add to this thread - although I did find it amusing? Smile

Today I had someone visit us who is very suspicious of my various effects. However I took out the book and they read and studied the back cover before I did my little experiment. They were well and truly hooked - and for quite some time after, we talked about psychology and tell tale signs.

For a convincing and entertaining effect, this little book is absolutely superb.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Cognitive Symbol Test Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL