The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Balloon Swallow Presentation (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
In my never ending search to make effects better and easier, I want to share something.

Balloon Swallow...

At the conclusion of the balloon swallow, I always had to find different ways to end as clean as possible.

Recently, I saw a video where at the end of the swallow, at the point of about 2 inches still sticking out of the mouth, this person took out a small pin and popped the ballon and openly pulled out the remains.

What are some of your thoughts on this, from a presentation standpoint?
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Interesting idea. If you bit the balloon as you pulled it out, stretching it, it might present the illusion of it being longer and still in the throat. I'd do it with the lips closed, and do head movements similar to the needles trick. Then finish up by letting it snap out, as a nice exclamation point.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I would take an unclear bottle, with cap. when the balloon is swallowed take a zip from the bottle (put the balloon in the bottle)
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Yes, Robert. That is exactly how I've been doing it for years.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Ok did noot know that. I think it is a great way to stop.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Pull out a hot dog bun and a mustard bottle then eat it.
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I normally just pop whats in my mouth in between my lower left jaw. Same technique as hiding needles for needle swallow. I find it stay there unnoticed and I can talk normally.

Hope this helps.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
What I do personally is as I am showing that my mouth is "empty" to the audience, one hand is going to my back pocket and grabbing the mouth coil that I had placed there. This is happening while I am showing my mouth, pulling it open with the other hand, and I bring my mouth coil hand back to my mouth and reach inside with the coil palmed in my hand. I then begin to pull out the mouth coil, and once I get to the end of that I grab the end of the coil I also grab the tiny balloon ball, and hold both in a clenched fist. I throw away the used coil, along with the tiny balloon nub, and I am then clean.
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, dorian_faust wrote:
What I do personally is as I am showing that my mouth is "empty" to the audience, one hand is going to my back pocket and grabbing the mouth coil that I had placed there. This is happening while I am showing my mouth, pulling it open with the other hand, and I bring my mouth coil hand back to my mouth and reach inside with the coil palmed in my hand. I then begin to pull out the mouth coil, and once I get to the end of that I grab the end of the coil I also grab the tiny balloon ball, and hold both in a clenched fist. I throw away the used coil, along with the tiny balloon nub, and I am then clean.

That's a nice idea. Thanks for sharing.
Ish70
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ish70
John Archer does a burp followed by a cough (where he spits it into his hand) and ditches it as he grabs a handkerchief...
Just a thought.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
I also finish with a mouth coil. But I speak a couple lines after the swallow, before the mouth coil, to make it clear the balloon is gone.

Zoobini, I love the hot dog bun idea!
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
I do the balloon swallow this way as well, before my sword swallowing, works very well, I always get asked does it really hurt when it burst inside, people believe the balloon more than the swords!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Balloon Swallow Presentation (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL