The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trace of Thought by SansMinds (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Can the image be scratched on a borrowed paper surface ? Like a bill or paper or something ? I don't see it being very convincing if it's scratched on my paper ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Even if the impression of the coin is made beforehand so that there is no coin in play when the rubbing is done, it's still a non effect. Any 5 year old will have a method to throw at you.

I actually added this to my cart on the Sans Minds site because I was convinced it was a joke and therefore a fake product. It's not, it's real lol.

I
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Another piece of Junk from Sans Mindso

I guess the dealers who are stuck with it will be able to get shot of this crap at Blackpool in a few weeks time !
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
While many here have jumped on bashing the trick, I actually quite like it. Think about the effect here. Your spectator think of a coin and imagine the coin sitting on a pad. No one knows what the coin is. The magician is able to 'trace' the energy and show people what they are thinking of as a process of 'reading'. It is a very strong moment. Visual is very unusual in mentalism. It's a very interesting approach. I'd want to explore this direction myself.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Nonono , to magicians this might seem to be a killing trick . To us , a merely thought of coin gets imprinted on a paper looks very amazing , but hey ,,, to the spectator they don't care whether it's a thought of coin or a forced coin , they only care about the fact that some other coin is definitely hidden underneath the paper when the coin is scratched , that will basically throw the entire effect away ~

I would love to see a live performance and the spectator's reaction , I'm more interested on how people actually presents this piece to get a decent reaction .

- Albert Einstein
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
Nonono , to magicians this might seem to be a killing trick . To us , a merely thought of coin gets imprinted on a paper looks very amazing , but hey ,,, to the spectator they don't care whether it's a thought of coin or a forced coin , they only care about the fact that some other coin is definitely hidden underneath the paper when the coin is scratched , that will basically throw the entire effect away ~

I would love to see a live performance and the spectator's reaction , I'm more interested on how people actually presents this piece to get a decent reaction .

Agree. Most magicians do not seem to understand this simple point.

Even if a spectator just THINKS that they know how 10% of the trick is done, they do not care about the rest, they will feel that they have figured it out.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I agree. My point was if the live audiences knows that 10% you mentioned, they wouldn't have reacted at all. So the method must be clean and impossible to the audience for them to get that reaponse. Just my 2C. Already got my order in. Will keep everyone posted with a straight up review.
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, ReviewerMaster wrote:
I agree. My point was if the live audiences knows that 10% you mentioned, they wouldn't have reacted at all. So the method must be clean and impossible to the audience for them to get that reaponse. Just my 2C. Already got my order in. Will keep everyone posted with a straight up review.

I showed this to my daughter, she is five and had a theory about it, which I'm sure was not that far off.

Buying things based on the reactions in the trailer is something that I would not advice someone to do.

For me, this trick is one of the worst I have seen in a long time.

It is more of a puzzle in my opinion.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I will have this soon so can do you a proper review.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Yes yes ! I look forward to your opinion on Trace .

- Albert Einstein
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Erm; this is a joke isn't it?
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Does it really matter if the method is frigging AMAZING or not?

The end result is still the same, the effect is still the same. The effect is, in my opinion, a joke.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
"This is mentalism in its purest form."

So many things wrong with that statement from the ad copy
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Ppl need to remember that a simple dl can get those sort of reactions in the trailer...doubt just buy an effect based on trailer reactions
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, Karl M wrote:
I will have this soon so can do you a proper review.

You should have this by now, no?

I would really like to see what you have to say about this. I am particularly interested in your opinion regarding the mentalism method. The appearance of the coin, even in different denominations is a no brainer for method. However, the mentalism method for determining what coin they are thinking of is what I'm curious about.

My guess is that is really isn't any method, but rather just asking what coin they are thinking of and revealing that coin. If so, then the ad copy would be very misleading, implying that the performer would not have any way of knowing what coin they were thinking of.

Looking forward to your review, and thanks in advance.

KJ
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Still waiting for it to arrive mate
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

I doubt the method for knowing the coin would be ground breaking or even clever , they're selling a pencil sketching effect ~

- Albert Einstein
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
I doubt the method for knowing the coin would be ground breaking or even clever , they're selling a pencil sketching effect ~

I'm afraid you might be right. I look forward to Karl M's review.

KJ
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Still waiting for it to arrive mate, been waiting ages annoying
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Got it yesterday, its complete rubbish, I can't see how he got the reactions too it in the trailer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trace of Thought by SansMinds (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL