The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trace of Thought by SansMinds (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Got it yesterday, its complete rubbish, I can't see how he got the reactions too it in the trailer.

It has been posted Time and Time again

SansMinds Always Lie and cheat on the Demo Videos

( don't take my word for it have a read or watch what Jeff Stone says about them ! )

Another lesson don't by anything on

Pre order

From the reactions on demo Videos

From SansMinds!
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
No need to rub it in mate, I learnt my lesson here
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Problem is even if they only know the shading part the magic is gone to my idea
C. Dunlop Magic
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of C. Dunlop Magic
I got some pretty good reactions with this. There's quite a bit of psychology in this one. I am surprised to see this type of work in a Sans Mind project. They are typically going for the visual and 'method'. Not sure if this will stay in my set. I'll have to play with it more to know.
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
I don't quite get this trick too. But I like the idea of tracing energy. Ordered mine and I hope it's not a waste of money..
morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
Wow it's been a while for me on the Café. It's interesting to see the amount of bashing that people take the time to post. Lots of shortsighted bashing too.

How can anyone legitimately review this before trying it and digesting the nuances for performing this effect? This takes an something that is relatable to many spectator's childhood and turns it into an effect. I like the idea behind it and am looking forward to receiving this in the mail. I already have a few ideas of how I could make this play well. To everyone who has been saying that a spectator will figure it out: If they figure it out it's you're fault and not the effect's fault. There are a bunch of convincers one could use to sell the idea that there is nothing under the paper. Anyway I will post an actual review once I get it and give it a few runs
Wilberto Casillas
https://phillymagic.com/products/chapslick
Use code at checkout to save: 'cafeslick'
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, morpheis91 wrote:
Wow it's been a while for me on the Café. It's interesting to see the amount of bashing that people take the time to post. Lots of shortsighted bashing too.

How can anyone legitimately review this before trying it and digesting the nuances for performing this effect? This takes an something that is relatable to many spectator's childhood and turns it into an effect. I like the idea behind it and am looking forward to receiving this in the mail. I already have a few ideas of how I could make this play well. To everyone who has been saying that a spectator will figure it out: If they figure it out it's you're fault and not the effect's fault. There are a bunch of convincers one could use to sell the idea that there is nothing under the paper. Anyway I will post an actual review once I get it and give it a few runs

Thanks for the lecture, but not every effect has to be tried before knowing if it's any good.

From the trailer this effect looks like it blows. And by the lack of a single positive comment about it on the internet since its release a year ago, I'm guessing that's probably pretty accurate.

Barring an incredibly sophisticated way of knowing what coin a spectator is merely thinking of (which this trick doesn't have) won't everyone just assume you're doing exactly what it looks like you're doing? Rubbing on a coin?
morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
Quote:
Thanks for the lecture

You're welcome

Quote:
And by the lack of a single positive comment about it on the internet since its release a year ago, I'm guessing that's probably pretty accurate.

In regards to negative comments, I saw one good and one bad from people who purchased the effect. The good comment was from someone who tried the effect, the bad one was from someone who dismissed it right away. Everyone else just seemed to enjoy riding the bandwagon.

Quote:
Barring an incredibly sophisticated way of knowing what coin a spectator is won't everyone just assume you're doing exactly what it looks like you're doing? Rubbing on a coin?

The idea, at least in my head, is "yes" it will look like I am rubbing an invisible coin that isn't there. This misnomer that spectators will figure it out is moot at best and shows the lack of confidence people have in their abilities. If you are good enough you should be able to convince your audience of anything.
Wilberto Casillas
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
The idea, at least in my head, is "yes" it will look like I am rubbing an invisible coin that isn't there. .

I hate to be the one to break this to you but it won't look like you're "rubbing an invisible coin." It will look like you're making a coin rubbing (rubbing a coin under a sheet of paper). Which pretty much everyone has done.

Google the words COIN RUBBINGS and look what google autocompletes it with. That's right: KINDERGARTEN Because making coin rubbings is a concept 4year-olds understand.

Quote:
This misnomer that spectators will figure it out is moot at best and shows the lack of confidence people have in their abilities. If you are good enough you should be able to convince your audience of anything.

That's not what misnomer means.

None of the greatest magicians in the world believe they can "convince their audience of anything" because they have respect for their audience's intelligence. You might want to try to develop that.

(Of course, feel free to buy any trick that appeals to you.)
morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
I think I see what you mean about the misnomer perhaps it's the wrong word to use here. Ill have to wait for the package for a full review
Wilberto Casillas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trace of Thought by SansMinds (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL