The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Astro Gems by Ferry Gerats (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Ferry Gerats
presents

Astro Gems

Effect: You reveal the zodiac sign of a person you never met.

While the chart below is being shown, the audience is informed that on the basis of astrology there is a gemstone allocated to every zodiac sign. Wearing or holding such a stone has a positive influence on the lifes of the ones who are born under that sign.

The chart is presented to a member of the audience and he is asked to look for his zodiac sign and to focus his attention on the gemstone that is depicted with that sign. You avert your eyes while this is taking place.

While the participant focuses on the name of the gemstone of his sign, the mentalist first discloses a few letters of that name and then reveals his zodiac sign.

Quote:
"Astro Gems is based on a very clever idea and well thought out." - Patrick Schlagel (Authority on the progressive anagram principle. Author of Mnemosign.)

More info at: www.lybrary.com/astro-gems-p-811925.html
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Howdy.

Seems like a great effect. I´m on the urge to press the Buy button - now...

One tiny question: is it possible to translate the chart to another language?
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Hello Mats,

I've already made a version in dutch and german. So I expect that it must be possible to make a swedish version. To have a working model,however, it is not sufficient
to merely translate the names of the gemstones and the zodiac signs of the english version into another language. F.i. the gemstone tourmaline is only present in the english version. Amber is not present in the dutch version and sapphire does not appear in the german version. Apart from replacing some gemstones with others, one also has to make new combinations of gemstones with zodiac signs. If you buy Astro Gems, I am willing to send you the dutch and german charts, which to my expectation will help you a great deal with your translation into swedish, provided you keep them private and only use them for yourself.

Since I've mentioned here that there is also a german version, let me elaborate on this. In principle it is my intention to start the sale of the german version as a trick and maybe later as an E-book. Right now I am working on the translation of the instructions, which I hope to finish in February. So if a german dealer is reading this you are heartily invited to contact me.

Initially I also wanted to sell the english version of Astro Gems as a trick. In December I sent a sample of the trick with a proposal to two UK magic dealers. To this day I haven't, despite requests, had a reply to my proposal. Of course it is possible that they are too busy to reply or have no interest but to avoid the risk that they are going to sell the trick anyway without credit, I decided to publish the idea as an E-book. Remember Harry Lorayne "Whatever you do, first publish."
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
For those interested. Astro Gems also works in the swedish language. I already pm'd Mats about it.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Nice effect & very workable method.

I like this alot.

Mike Donoghue
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Hi again.

I have now read and starting to understand the concept. Seems like a fun and clever routine.
As Ferry said - this works in my native language Swedish, that´s wonderful for me and all Swedish magicians.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The bit that concerns me is this - "The maximum number of statements to secretly determine the sign is six. "

six statements before the reveal? feels a bit too much when you can achieve a version using a different straightforward method...(b*ll*t *nd*x)...
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, IAIN wrote:
The bit that concerns me is this - "The maximum number of statements to secretly determine the sign is six. "

six statements before the reveal? feels a bit too much when you can achieve a version using a different straightforward method...(b*ll*t *nd*x)...

Seems a bit too much to have to write something on a little piece of paper when you can simply ask a few questions.

One man's junk is another man's treasure!! Tata as they say over the pond.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, John C wrote:

no need to be churlish...

this is latest and greatest - if I'm interested in something, but I feel there's a weak point to it, I'm allowed to state that...and I feel that as its 12 items in play, and there's a possibility that you will have to ask or make SIX statements to get "there" - then I feel that's quite a lot of questions/statements to wade through for a 1 in 12...

not saying its not worthwhile, just saying its a concern for me...if I'm not allowed to say that, please point me in the direction where it says that...

i look forward to your review...
I've asked to be banned
Ashton
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ashton
This routine looks fantastic! $10, great price too.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
And of course also a thank you to Ashton for his compliment!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, John C wrote:

no need to be churlish...

this is latest and greatest - if I'm interested in something, but I feel there's a weak point to it, I'm allowed to state that...and I feel that as its 12 items in play, and there's a possibility that you will have to ask or make SIX statements to get "there" - then I feel that's quite a lot of questions/statements to wade through for a 1 in 12...

not saying its not worthwhile, just saying its a concern for me...if I'm not allowed to say that, please point me in the direction where it says that...

i look forward to your review...

Gee Iain of course you can say anything you want but as well others get to say what they want. Doesn't mean we or I am censoring your concern. Just that the way you state it as,

"why should I bother asking six statements when I can do it in one,"

that statement kind of implies the very thing you accused me of doing to you which is seemingly not allowing you to voice your opinion. It's a simple back and forth. Maybe we need to learn to use SMILEY faces more often. Smile Smile

You know I love you! Smile

J

PS: this really is a nice little routine without much difficulty involved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Astro Gems by Ferry Gerats (29 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL