The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » DECEASED by Jamie Daws (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
The routine is perfect for me and my stlyle too, Jamie.

I've already told you in my latest post that your routine is brilliant.
As of all the props and the DVD (HD, excellent explanation) as well, I said that their quality is top.

I never said or even implied that I had any problem with any of the dicrepancies so far.

I just wanted to point out a thought that keeps spinning in my head, although no one (spectator)
has ever mentioned any discrepancy every time I performed the effect over the past weeks.

I simply decided to share my thought with all of you here in the Café in order to get either
your point of view or some advice.

Once more, thank you in advance,

Andrew
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Despite my language restrictions, I hope any possibility of misunderstanding
was avoided and that my "contentious" post was fully understandable.

Andrew

P.S. Jamie, I can hardly wait for your second release of your bizzare series.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Where can they be found, Paul?
I don't see any realtive link or attachment.

Be more specific and I'll be glad to express my thoughts about them.

Andrew

P.S. Sorry for this post but this was written after I read Paul's post right above this.
However, after pressing the SUBMIT button, I realized that his post had suddenly and
inexplicably disappeared.
He wrote that he has tried to aged his set of pictures and that he would like to know what we
are thinking about the result.
However he didn't post any relative link or any attachment so we could see these images and
express our opinion about it.
Unfortunately, it was too late to delete my post as it makes no sense the way this is now.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
178 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Hi Andrew J.K I have tried to post the pictures on this board but not having any luck. I have resized them and still nothing works. Any idea if I can post the images elsewhere and share a link? Thanks ,
Paul
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I've had a ton of emails asking for refill packs to be made available. Im pleased to let you know, they are now available! They include a set of the original photos as well as one of the black envelopes. Also, I've included a sheet of blank aged paper and a sheet of blank paper with words printed on them!
http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/thedeceased.html

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2016, Paul Forster wrote:
Hi Andrew J.K I have tried to post the pictures on this board but not having any luck. I have resized them and still nothing works. Any idea if I can post the images elsewhere and share a link? Thanks ,
Paul


Sorry, Paul. I wish I could help you but I have neither the technical knowledge nor the computer programming
skills (even not the skills for using Photoshop and similar software) that are required for this.

Kindest regards,
Andrew
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, JamieD wrote:
I've had a ton of emails asking for refill packs to be made available. Im pleased to let you know, they are now available! They include a set of the original photos as well as one of the black envelopes. Also, I've included a sheet of blank aged paper and a sheet of blank paper with words printed on them!
http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/thedeceased.html

Jamie Daws


Hi Jamie,

I'd like you to know that I visited the link provided by you above, however there
is only one option to go with.

The one of purchasing the whole product of THE DECEASED, 19.99 GBP., which I already
own, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts of this thread.

I can't find anywhere the option for ordering the refill pack.

I'd much appreciate if you could chime in and clarify this.

Kindest regards,
Andrew
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
bobrossi56
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
3 Posts

Profile of bobrossi56
I bought this and am having a problem nobody has mentioned yet. One in every 5 performances results in the spectators pack of cards being incorrect when they bring them to the front at the end. Despite my "audience management / instructions" some people just cannot follow instructions and when I hand them my pack and take their, and we bring our packs to the front, mine is perfect, theirs is all messed up, and I have no recovery for that. Worse, since they are doing it all behind their backs, its impossible for me to know if they are doing it right until the end, and then it's too late and the trick is blown.

Anybody have a suggestions on this? Otherwise I do like the trick and agree all supplied items are very good quality. When it works it does amaze people.
Thx....BobR
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, bobrossi56 wrote:
I bought this and am having a problem nobody has mentioned yet. One in every 5 performances results in the spectators pack of cards being incorrect when they bring them to the front at the end. Despite my "audience management / instructions" some people just cannot follow instructions and when I hand them my pack and take their, and we bring our packs to the front, mine is perfect, theirs is all messed up, and I have no recovery for that. Worse, since they are doing it all behind their backs, its impossible for me to know if they are doing it right until the end, and then it's too late and the trick is blown.

Anybody have a suggestions on this? Otherwise I do like the trick and agree all supplied items are very good quality. When it works it does amaze people.
Thx....BobR



Really? ...... Are you kidding us?

If something don't work, you make it work your way.... There is no hard set rule that you have to do things as written or how everyone else is doing it .... Don't you know how to force something? Just make the routine your own....



Ray
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
178 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Ray, bit of a harsh response there. I've had this happen to me once and it is down to audience management. The instructions you give must be crystal clear or it will go wrong. In practice it went wrong many times but I have not got it wrong in the real world (except one time which was my fault as I wasn't clear enough). Keep working on it as this is a great routine.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On May 13, 2016, Paul Forster wrote:
Ray, bit of a harsh response there. I've had this happen to me once and it is down to audience management. The instructions you give must be crystal clear or it will go wrong. In practice it went wrong many times but I have not got it wrong in the real world (except one time which was my fault as I wasn't clear enough). Keep working on it as this is a great routine.




I look at it as a jump start..... maybe it never occurs to some person that a routine isn't locked into doing it as written. We can do another move, changed the theme or do the routine with other propos. We can sometimes improve a routine with a little thinking.

I agree 100% that it sounds like the instructions was not crystal clear when given to the spectator.



Ray
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey guys! Thought id chime in with this issue! Okay, so...

This indeed used to happen to me with the early stages of the effect. It was only through working it that I could refine the effect to make it work every time. Im now at the stage that it never goes wrong for me and I even perform it often to a few intoxicated clients.

The key I've found is more in the wording than anything. Peter also noted some linguistic changes that helped. If you listen back to the DVD and listen to the instructions I give, follow that patter instructions I give. I promise you, with a little linguistic aiding, it takes your chance of failing out completely. If anyone has any trouble or want to talk to me face to face, I'm available on Skype and Facebook. Never feel like you can't gimme a call so I can help!

P.S, There is going to hopefully be a great bit of news about this soon that I'm so excited about. Stay tuned Smile

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
bobrossi56
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
3 Posts

Profile of bobrossi56
WOW, I didn't realize this forum was so hostile Ray. Take a chill pill please. Only looking for suggestions. Not everybody here is a seasoned as you seem to think you are. Some of us are novices.
Paul and Jamie D - thank you so much for your input. I will continue to practice the verbal instructions I give and hopefully this will improve.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On May 23, 2016, bobrossi56 wrote:
WOW, I didn't realize this forum was so hostile Ray. Take a chill pill please. Only looking for suggestions. Not everybody here is a seasoned as you seem to think you are. Some of us are novices.
Paul and Jamie D - thank you so much for your input. I will continue to practice the verbal instructions I give and hopefully this will improve.



Yes, I think that I am seasoned and over baked. Turn me over so that I can cook on the other side. What would you call a person who started magic in high school and been doing it for 40 plus years? I would call myself old, but now I like to think that I am seasoned as you put it. Thanks for the compliment, I like it.

Would you like to read how I would do this routine?


Ray
bobrossi56
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
3 Posts

Profile of bobrossi56
Absolutely would like to hear that Ray.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hows everyone getting on with Deceased?! I've been having so much fun lecturing it!

Also, for those with Decisions by Mozique, I've got an awesome routine I think you'll like! Shoot me a message for more details!

Hope you're all having fun as we prepare for the next instalment in the Dark Series! Smile

Alakazam and I also have refill packs now available!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/thedeceased

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Just fished out my Deceased,can't remember if I got it with a DVD? or if it came with a link can't find it and can not remember how to do it now,oh well memory getting worse with age,lol.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Been so busy with school lately, haven't had a chance to master it but now that Halloween is near I must get this in my wallet daily. Jamie you are what we say in Spanish off the Gancho (HOOK) its a compliment mate.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thanks Wilder! Smile

I hope you're all enjoy this! We've just started production on the next Dark Series effect! Got some awesome things coming!

If you're looking for the ideal effect to start practicing for Halloween, You can still pick up Deceased and Refill packs here: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/thedeceased

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Just ordered our copy of Deceased for our new Halloween Show.

Scream was great last year and can't wait to see the reactions from Deceased.

kOnO & Carollynn
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » DECEASED by Jamie Daws (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL