The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ABACUS by Rus Andrews available for limited time (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all....

ABACUS is now available again for a limited time.....

"You have created a wonderful piece of mystery here and I'm getting strong reactions when performing it." - Paul Rohmany

The abacus Ebook is available direct from me for £25 via PayPal to Russell2236@hotmail.com

Any questions feel free to ask.

Best

R
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1649 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
I like Abacus, it's kind of midway between Trilogy and Kolossal Killer (both of which I love so that's a good place to be) - practical, doable, strong stuff.

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Money sent!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1248 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
This is excellent.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1762 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Still love this
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Here is one of the applications possible with Abacus

https://youtu.be/j9ZzxZWhhKs

Best

R
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Ok,
this is the first time I've seen this and I have no idea what I just saw my mind is blown. I wish I had money well maybe next time
congrats Rus
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Just received a great quote from Marc Paul

"Rus has adapted a very clever Max Maven idea and applied it to cards. The result is a very interesting and very easy version of the ACAAN effect." - Marc Paul

Well happy, always been a massive fan of Paul's work so to hear this is great.

Best

R
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
I read through Abacus last night and face palmed myself; it uses a concept I was already familiar with in an exceptionally clever way. It enables the performer to determine a thought-of playing card with absolutely no sleight-of-hand. The procedure is completely hands-off and psychological, which makes it so disarming. I performed it for my wife today, blending the techniques taught in Abacus with Derren Brown's subtleties for the Mind Power Deck, and the combination absolutely fried her. The kicker moment I turned over the card to reveal her thought-of number was especially exciting.

This is a really great effect; I imagine I'll get a lot of mileage out of it in the future. It lends itself to a lot of versatility; different performers should be able to customize it to fit their needs/preferences rather well.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for your comments Raymond, glad you are enjoying the thinking behind ABACUS, its my best work to date and I'm really proud and happy to be sharing my thinking with the community.

There are many ways to present this, and I'm looking forward to seeing how others use this.

All the best and thanks again

R
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3542 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just downloaded this and read it.

Love it! Excellent!

My thought is to photocopy the prediction card on heavy resume paper, about 50% smaller to save a bit on wallet space. The back side would have my contact info and the prediction number.

KJ
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Smile Smile Smile for Abacus!
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I don't want to fish for the method....i loved the video and I'm on the fence on buying it. Does it use a special deck that I have to buy or can it be done with what I already have? I hope that's not fishing for method. I just want to make sure that I don't have to go buy something else from a magic shop.

Any more reviews?

Also, doe this work 100% of the time or will you miss sometimes
Blake
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Does*
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2016, BlakeAdams wrote:
I don't want to fish for the method....i loved the video and I'm on the fence on buying it. Does it use a special deck that I have to buy or can it be done with what I already have? I hope that's not fishing for method. I just want to make sure that I don't have to go buy something else from a magic shop.

Any more reviews?

Also, doe this work 100% of the time or will you miss sometimes
Blake

It can be done 100% impromptu very easily and works all the time.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey all

1KJ, here's an idea I've been using, I use business cards that I had made, one side has the number reveal, the other side has all my details and also a registration number at the bottom of the card in the corner, the reg number is a mixture of letters and numbers that when looked at carefully actually reads the thought of card....

Example: REG: J4CKO4D14MOND5

This idea isn't new but works well for this as at a quick glance people just think it's a reg number for your firm etc.

After the number reveal I turn the card over show all my information on the card and mention the company reg number, I then cover the number with my thumb and ask them to think of their card, I now slowly run my thumb across the number revealing the numbers digit by digit stating that it almost looks like it reads

Jack of diamonds

Have fun

Best

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Abacus is now available from

http://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/......download

Many thanks to all those that have purchased and for supporting my work.

See some of you at Blackpool

All the best

R
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3531 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I've always liked the way Rus thinks and Abacus reminded me why!!

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
I really like the Video but 50$ is a lot so I have some questions:

I already saw it before but I need to ask again: This works 100% all the time exactly like this in the Video?
Is there a Best Case/Worst Case Scenario?

What do we get in the Download?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3689 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I would say no but can't say more without revealing part of the procedure.

I'll be honest. Concept is ok but not new, and I feel $50 for what can basically be described on two pages is a stretch. I think there are much better ways to accomplish the same thing. There's nothing wrong with Russ' effect. It certainly works. I just think $50 is steep for what it is - the combination of two old concepts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ABACUS by Rus Andrews available for limited time (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL