The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cards across-Tommy James (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store/in......uctId=60
I have ordered this. Can't wait! Cards and kids can be a challenge but when you can take a classic cardplot and contextualize it in a way kids get... You have a winner. This does that. I think there is room in Tommy's routine to add some fruit jokes or bring in your favorite comedy wand. The card holders are a great management tool and this is going to play big for a card trick....you got jurrasic for his last item... Go banannas for this one... Lol
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Ok Randy, what do I owe you? Smile

The original version came about this past Christmas season with a "Christmas Cards Across" utilizing cards with BLUE and RED ornaments. It played so well in my Christmas shows this year that I KNEW I had to have a version for non-holiday use.

MANY different ideas popped into my mind as to what to put on the cards. As it ended up I strongly felt BIG RED APPLES and contrasting BIG BRIGHT YELLOW BANANAS would really stick out on cards from a distance. I didn't need to hone a routine as I'm using the same routine as I did with my Christmas Cards Across, which will be released at the same time as my Christmas Magic Show DVD coming sometime in April, which gives magicians that may be interested in these items, plenty of time to make or buy and practice the different routines offered on the DVD for their next Christmas shows.

I JUST LOVE PERFORMING FOR KIDS!!!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
What you owe me is to keep producing these great products. I had said to myself no more purchases of magic because our cdn dollar is awefulright now but even with that in the mix I still feel this is great value...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Love this! I'll definitely be getting a set. Thanks for the heads up, Randy
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Love your stuff Tommy, but couldn't you use a little bigger cards?

Jim
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Larger cards would likely muck with the count. Also consider pros like mac king does a cards across in a theatre. I don't believe he used side projection screens and the theatre holds a few hundred...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
Awesome trick Tommy, Never considered using cards with 5 and 6 year olds - look for my order soon, thanks.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2016, jimhlou wrote:

Jim

Jim with the method I use, it cannot be done with large cards. This method uses pure sleight of hand, which will turn many children entertainers off as, it is not self working. (Oh No!) It uses ONE sleight, which is fully explained int he instructions and a very detailed video link I have included to make the understanding so simple.

If I made a cards across with large cards. it would be a gimmicked set with gimmicked envelopes etc and that is not the route I wanted to take.

Bill is correct! If you've ever seen Mac King perform cards across in a theater he kills with it. His is probably the most entertaining routine I have seen.

This routine was developed for kid shows in small or large venues although I feel it works best in the smaller venues such as birthdays and audiences of 100 or less.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Great routine Tommy.

i can see:

birthday set CANDLES & CAKES.
halloween set PUMPKIN & TREETS
eastern set EGGS & BUNNY
reading set BOOKS & LETTERS
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2016, TommyJ wrote:
Quote:

Jim

Jim with the method I use, it cannot be done with large cards. This method uses pure sleight of hand, which will turn many children entertainers off as, it is not self working. (Oh No!) It uses ONE sleight, which is fully explained int he instructions and a very detailed video link I have included to make the understanding so simple.

If I made a cards across with large cards. it would be a gimmicked set with gimmicked envelopes etc and that is not the route I wanted to take.

Bill is correct! If you've ever seen Mac King perform cards across in a theater he kills with it. His is probably the most entertaining routine I have seen.

This routine was developed for kid shows in small or large venues although I feel it works best in the smaller venues such as birthdays and audiences of 100 or less.

Just one question, Tommy. Does it use an Elmsley Count? I don't mind sleight's at all. I use a number of them. But I just cannot get comfortable with an Elmsley.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2016, MichaelCGM wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2016, TommyJ wrote:
Quote:

Jim

Just one question, Tommy. Does it use an Elmsley Count? I don't mind sleight's at all. I use a number of them. But I just cannot get comfortable with an Elmsley.

No it uses a Hamman count.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2016, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
Great routine Tommy.

i can see:

birthday set CANDLES & CAKES.
halloween set PUMPKIN & TREETS
eastern set EGGS & BUNNY
reading set BOOKS & LETTERS

Thanks Robert. I have already thought of that in fact a Christmas version will be released along with my Christmas DVD coming out soon!
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Keep me posted Tommy.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just got this today from Denny & Lee's - I do preschool shows exclusively and am also a children's folksinger, and what sold me on the idea was the promo being done with preschoolers and the fact that I already sing "I Love To Eat Apples And Bananas" (or is it "Ooooo looooove tooooo ooot ooooples oooond boooonooonooos" Smile Looking forward to working with this!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, drhackenbush wrote:
Just got this today from Denny & Lee's - I do preschool shows exclusively and am also a children's folksinger, and what sold me on the idea was the promo being done with preschoolers and the fact that I already sing "I Love To Eat Apples And Bananas" (or is it "Ooooo looooove tooooo ooot ooooples oooond boooonooonooos" Smile Looking forward to working with this!

Wonderful! Please let us know how it works for you!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Add the right words and that trick will fit within this years library theme, "Sports and Fitness." Talk about how fruits are good for you. Speak on if kids are not having fruits for nutrition can cause the vitamins to in up uneven/unbalanced. Explain you are using bananas and apples because those are the two fruits kids eat the most.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Tommy -
Thanks! I've got 4 back-to-back preschool shows a week from tomorrow, and plan to give it a run and then go from there as I make it my own. I haven't added anything to my core show in a while, nor have I even bought any new props for the show in the past couple years, but this just hit all the right notes for me.
Charley
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
Quick question what would be the oldest age group you would perform this effect for?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Seniors... seriously. The effect is strong. You just adjust presentation. .
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
Ok Randy, you have my creative forces started. Hmmmm... an apple a day keeps the doctor away. First person has 7 apples, enough to keep the doctor away for an entire week, meanwhile the second person has already gone bananas... maybe the doctor was a psychiatrist ha ha ha. It's nice to share, the person with the apples really should help out this other person who appears to have gone bananas.. yada yada yada....
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cards across-Tommy James (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL