The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pencil By Sensor Magic (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1240 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
The vanishing pencil in the napkin looks great. I have a sweet idea for a clean up too which would be very easy to perform and leave everything examinable.
It is what it is, the advert is very fair which is great.

For 25 Dollars you won't be bit.

Joel
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1755 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
So what does this do that the Vanishing Pen can't? Aside from it being a pencil (which I'm not sure if that is an advantage or not)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3758
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1630 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Meh. Looks blimmin' obvious to me.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
901 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Saw this at Magi. The handlings they've worked on for this. The broken and restored one is one of my faves since you hear it snap. Also I like the vanishing pencil more than a pen, because a pen is a hollow tube with a nib and some ink, but a pencil is a solid piece of wood. To me it almost seems more shocking for this one to vanish when you crush it, versus a pen
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3685 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I too saw it and bought it at the Magi. I was only half paying attention but it looked and sounded great. Haven't touched it or watched the dvd, but it was a nice routine.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1240 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Ross, your a magician Smile
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I just really like Lawrence's thinking. Not every effect he releases is a winner but most are. Slice, Download and Evolve recently have been stellar. This looks equally as great. Can't wait to get it.,
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3685 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Check out his new effect Swap when it comes out. Moving the seals on a dollar bill.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
478 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Effect is not for me but it is awesome. Saw it demo 5 times at magi fest and the part where they place into a playing card and snap the pencil is outstanding. It sounds just like it should. Love it.

The advantage of the pencil and the pen from what the guys at sensor told me is that when you place the pencil in the napkin you can actually have the spectator squeeze the pencil within the napkin right before it vanishes when apparently it is not possible with the pen.

Ryan
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Went ahead and ordered. I'll be a Guinea pig.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Love the advert. If I was still in high school I would pick this up. In my day to day life I just don't use pencils. Nor do I see anyone else using them. I feel like pencils are becoming old fashioned. Like in 15 years kids won't know what a pencil is just like floppy disks. LOL.

Thanks!
Alexx Argen
View Profile
New user
"New" for 10+ years with only
85 Posts

Profile of Alexx Argen
Hey guys, We love hearing feedback on our products. Let me clear up a couple things. This is not just a vanishing pencil effect. Vanishing a pencil is an effect you can do with our pencil and is a great way to finish a routine. We include 6 effects you can perform its the pencil. The upside to doing the vanish with the pencil is that the spectator can feel the pencil in the napkin right before the vanish. That is something the other pen effects on the market can not do. We are not claiming we invented the concept, its actually been out since the 1930's. On our DVD we go over the history of this effect and give credit where credit is do as well as teach our effects. If you want to go out and buy a rubber pencil on eBay, go do it. We wish we could get them cheap, but we are putting out a quality product and it is manufactured to our specifications. The cheap pencils out there are exactly what they are cheap pencils that look like a gag. Its easy to bash and talk trash about a product on a forum (especially using a fake name) but this past weekend at Magi-Fest we saw people keep coming back and coming back to watch Pencil fool magicians with something they knew how it was done. That is the best kind of review and the people this past weekend can attest to it.

-Alexx Argen
www.Sensor-Magic.com
Alexx Argen
View Profile
New user
"New" for 10+ years with only
85 Posts

Profile of Alexx Argen
^Thanks Josh something I forgot to mention!

-Alexx Argen
www.Sensor-Magic.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1855 Posts

Profile of Platt
I love the vanishing pen so I'm sure I'll love this too. With a motivated switch, it's no doubt a great fooler. I'm not quite sure I get why somebody feeling the pencil before the vanish is a plus. If you properly handle the gimmick (with or without a switch) and they can see the pencil ends on either side of the napkin (which like the pen, I assume they can) why on earth would you need them feeling the pencil. If they're assuming at that point that you have a squishy pencil you have already failed. There are other assumptions that could be made even if they did feel the sturdy pencil. Weak selling point. I also don't get the broken and restored thing. I can break a pencil and hold it in such a way that it looks whole. This would only be powerful if you could hand it out for examination. You can't. Love this product and it will probably be my next purchase. But come on, let's call it what it is. A vanishing pencil.

Quote:
On Feb 4, 2016, Alexx Argen wrote:
Hey guys, We love hearing feedback on our products. Let me clear up a couple things. This is not just a vanishing pencil effect. Vanishing a pencil is an effect you can do with our pencil and is a great way to finish a routine. We include 6 effects you can perform its the pencil. The upside to doing the vanish with the pencil is that the spectator can feel the pencil in the napkin right before the vanish. That is something the other pen effects on the market can not do. We are not claiming we invented the concept, its actually been out since the 1930's. On our DVD we go over the history of this effect and give credit where credit is do as well as teach our effects. If you want to go out and buy a rubber pencil on eBay, go do it. We wish we could get them cheap, but we are putting out a quality product and it is manufactured to our specifications. The cheap pencils out there are exactly what they are cheap pencils that look like a gag. Its easy to bash and talk trash about a product on a forum (especially using a fake name) but this past weekend at Magi-Fest we saw people keep coming back and coming back to watch Pencil fool magicians with something they knew how it was done. That is the best kind of review and the people this past weekend can attest to it.

-Alexx Argen
www.Sensor-Magic.com
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
The vanishing pen is the finale of my strolling set. With the original vanishing pen you can have people feel it too. And the motivated switch routine and the way it's executed is exactly the same as the vanishing pen routine. I don't have a dog in the race here but come on. Taking someone else's routine and sub it with a cheap gag pencil to resell it at 15 times the price. Really?
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
478 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Platt-

When I saw them do the break it fooled my senses completely. I thought that was the biggest selling point. By the time I could get my mouth back shut to speak they already moved on with the effect.

Ryan
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
WoW already sold out. When will it be back??
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
661 Posts

Profile of egoli
I emailed them and they said by February 14th

Ed
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
They should have just put up a clip of Nicholas giving the finger to the camera with text that said "#$%* you Sansminds".
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pencil By Sensor Magic (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL