The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pop (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Do you have this Witchdoc? Is it made good?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
This is the kind of magic that I love to watch and more importantly use. Steve Rowe is a cool cat who is a worker so you know when he's creating something he's creating it to use it out in the 'real world' in the trenches.

With Valentine's Day coming up I can see this one being popular with the table hoppers looking to theme their magic.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Whoops! Helps if I don't copy my post into the wrong box, doesn't it?

I do have this one. It is made quite well, and I think it will stand up to a lot of use. They could have skimped easily (And I've seen gimmicks that have, they look awful). This looks exactly like what you see in the trailer.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
Whoops! Helps if I don't copy my post into the wrong box, doesn't it?

I do have this one. It is made quite well, and I think it will stand up to a lot of use. They could have skimped easily (And I've seen gimmicks that have, they look awful). This looks exactly like what you see in the trailer.

Thank you for your honest feedback, exactly what people want to hear.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Ok, love the effect and have 3 questions:

1. With the mercury card fold, is it fixed to Bicycle deck back or can it be Phoenix deck back?
2. Are you selling trick and the refills from your own site in the UK? As I have had experience dealing with Illusionist and import duties to UK and postage and it is not very pretty!
3. Which stand are you on at Blackpool?
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, TazBo wrote:
Ok, love the effect and have 3 questions:

1. With the mercury card fold, is it fixed to Bicycle deck back or can it be Phoenix deck back?
2. Are you selling trick and the refills from your own site in the UK? As I have had experience dealing with Illusionist and import duties to UK and postage and it is not very pretty!
3. Which stand are you on at Blackpool?

Hey TazBo
currently the mercury card fold is red/blue rider back, we are going to offer upgrade packs in future, the 10 most popular request items and different card backs could be a good option so thank you for the suggestion

I won't be selling this myself, it is only available through ellusionist site, perhaps contact directly with your concerns.

And I do indeed have my own stand this year at blackpool I am 'thegimmicking' up on the balcony, Kieron Leferver (Johnson) with be on the stand with me demming some great new products.
I will also be demming POP and am confident once you see it live, it's a no-brainer purchase.

Come say hi please. Smile
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Cheers Steve, would love to check it out. I will POP and see you on your stand. ;-)

Regards

Charlie
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Another one to have a good look at, great idea for a chocolate give away for the lady's.
Chuds
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Picking this up when I get back from my trip. Cant wait. I would order now but cant stand to think of this sitting around in my mail box.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Got mine yesterday and watched the video last night.
Kudos to Steve for developing it and releasing it to the magic community.
Quite a bit is included to perform the effect in differnt ways.
I really like it and am happy I bought it, it's everything I was expecting it to be.
Yes, if you perform it a lot you will need to buy refills of the scratcher stickers, but everything else can be reused and should last a long time.
Of course you will need fresh supplies of candies as well if you use that presetation.

My only negative is that my particular gimmick is not lined up quite right. It's not way off but enough to bug me. However, this does not affect the working at all.
Would a spectator notice? Probably not.
If I had made it myself, would I make it over again? Absolutely, but admittedly I am a bit of a perfectionist.

But I love the effect and the method and the idea of using a scratcher card. I even love Steve's candy marker pen idea.
So all in all I'd give it 9 out of 10. Took off 1 point for whoever rushed the cosntruction of mine, although that could be just a fluke.
C. Dunlop Magic
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of C. Dunlop Magic
Am I the only one here thinks the prop looks a little cheesy? The magic looks GREAT though.
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, videoman wrote:
Got mine yesterday and watched the video last night.
Kudos to Steve for developing it and releasing it to the magic community.
Quite a bit is included to perform the effect in differnt ways.
I really like it and am happy I bought it, it's everything I was expecting it to be.
Yes, if you perform it a lot you will need to buy refills of the scratcher stickers, but everything else can be reused and should last a long time.
Of course you will need fresh supplies of candies as well if you use that presetation.

My only negative is that my particular gimmick is not lined up quite right. It's not way off but enough to bug me. However, this does not affect the working at all.
Would a spectator notice? Probably not.
If I had made it myself, would I make it over again? Absolutely, but admittedly I am a bit of a perfectionist.

But I love the effect and the method and the idea of using a scratcher card. I even love Steve's candy marker pen idea.
So all in all I'd give it 9 out of 10. Took off 1 point for whoever rushed the cosntruction of mine, although that could be just a fluke.

Fantastic! Thank you for posting, really pleased you like it and are pleased with the effect.
If there is a slight miss-alignment, once you complete the gimmick with the stickers it will correct it.
Please feel free to message me if you want any more info.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, C. Dunlop Magic wrote:
Am I the only one here thinks the prop looks a little cheesy? The magic looks GREAT though.

Can't speak for anyone else but holding it my hand and looking closely at it, it doesn't look cheesy at all to me.
In fact, the graphic design and printing quality are great IMO and extremely well done.
Having said that, I could certainly understand that the design as well as the effect could appear cheesy to some and not be your cup of tea.
But that's true for virtually everything.

It's the same size as a poker sized playing card and thus a different size from any scratcher I've ever seen here in the states, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
One more question for Blackpool:
Will you have refills available to buy as well as the trick itself?
Your stand will be my first port of call. Smile
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2016, TazBo wrote:
One more question for Blackpool:
Will you have refills available to buy as well as the trick itself?
Your stand will be my first port of call. Smile

I am waiting to hear back about the refils, and if ill have it for sale at blackpool.
i'll certainly be able to dem it.
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Just been confirmed I will have POP on my stand at Blackpool, so come say hi, see my other products as well.
Pop is a flavor of my magic so if you like it, I'm sure there will be more that will suit your style too.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, stookie31 wrote:
Just been confirmed I will have POP on my stand at Blackpool, so come say hi, see my other products as well.
Pop is a flavor of my magic so if you like it, I'm sure there will be more that will suit your style too.

Great, you will be my first port of call on Friday morning. Smile
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Gotn the 8 ball & ferrero today & really pleased with this.

Will use this tommorow evening when I work at London with fellow magician Paul Lytton.

Going to watch his eyes POP out of his head when I do it on him as he wont be expecting it.
Just going to say "Oh iv'e left this card in" Then I will pluck the object from the card & hand it to him & watch his face as he won't be expecting it.

Excellent product Steve.

Mike Donoghue
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Superb Mike, please let me know how it goes.

The 8 ball you have is the old playing card version, not the POP scratch cards, would love to hear how it goes.

I would think we will product 8 ball version of POP in future.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Am sure it will go great & am hoping the lads at Magicbox will bring some scratch card versions of it back from Blackpool as it adds an extra layer.

Very happy with this.

It's so good I even like doing it on myself ha

Mike Donoghue
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pop (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL