We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pop (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I'm a big fan of Steve's work because you know its all been tried and tested in the real world. This is no different. I tried this at a gig at the weekend and just showed the card without doing the scratch panel bit. The responses were amazing and it really caught them off guard. Another winner in my opinion.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
I've been mainly doing this without the scratch stickers also. They're nice for certain situations but add a bit of semi-dead time which I often don't really care for. Plus, the specs don't usually scratch off enough so I have to quickly finish it. I've been trying to decide how much has to be removed and how closely it should match.

Another thought I've had is to just let them leave some on the card and then produce the chocolate with a couple of small pieces of something resembling the scratcher material stuck loosely on the wrapper so it looks like ithe object in the picture really became 3 dimensional suddenly. I could then quickly flick those away and hand out the sweet.
Haven't tried it yet though, but maybe I'll get around to it one of these days.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Where can we learn the one described above where we pull it off a playing card?
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2016, jackaboy wrote:
Where can we learn the one described above where we pull it off a playing card?

hey jackaboy here, but I don't do the fererro rocher ones anymore
http://www.thegimmicking.com/product/pop-cards/
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2302 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks good but you can see a fine line going across the playing cards. If I can see it in the video how bad does it show up live ?
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
Looks good but you can see a fine line going across the playing cards. If I can see it in the video how bad does it show up live ?

when presenting to the audience, if you can see the line they cannot. As long as you are mindful of that, it's never seen.
All the time I've been using this system to produce items, no audience has ever reacted anything but joy and amazement.
The playing card version is better live than in video for that reason.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2302 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Sweet. Thanks.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

If anyone interested to purchase this from the EU we have a few in stock Smile http://www.mystiquefactory.com/collectio......eve-rowe

Btw I love this effect it really make great reactions Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is there an advantage of this over Photoshoot by Sans mind....looks similar but photoshoot had more applications..
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
Hi Steve,
Co grays on brining out Appear8 and look forward to getting that at Blackpool. I have bought quite a few Pop's and enjoy performing it. However, I gather you not doing it anymore? Is this true and if so, why? I might have to buy a few to keep in stock if that is the case! Just the ferrero Roche flippers being sold on their own would be good?
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2017, Khuluma wrote:
Hi Steve,
Co grays on brining out Appear8 and look forward to getting that at Blackpool. I have bought quite a few Pop's and enjoy performing it. However, I gather you not doing it anymore? Is this true and if so, why? I might have to buy a few to keep in stock if that is the case! Just the ferrero Roche flippers being sold on their own would be good?

Hey, thank you!

I still produce lolly pop and colour change cards but not 8 ball or fererro rocher on playing cards as each of those ideas is developed further to the releases 'POP' and 'Appear-8'
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
Sorry..flippin auto-correct..congrats rather than Co krays! Thanks for your response Steve, but the question was related to Pop. Is that still being made as its not on your site, although I have bought a few from Propdog?
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2017, Khuluma wrote:
Sorry..flippin auto-correct..congrats rather than Co krays! Thanks for your response Steve, but the question was related to Pop. Is that still being made as its not on your site, although I have bought a few from Propdog?

ok, sorry, miss understood.

Pop is still available have you tried direct from ellusionist?
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I just buy from Propdog Steve, but they carry the Ellusionist range anyway. Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pop (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL