The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sankey's DVD "45" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
For those who own this DVD, I want to refer to sleight #37 where the performer shows his hands empty, brings them together and instantly produces a coin.

What is the name of that sleight?

Although I have practiced it and love the handling, the DVD doesn't explain how the performer can "acquire" the coin in the required position before the sleight. Tips anyone?

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Hi!

In "The Revolutionary Coin Magic of Jay Sankey", Jay describes the move as the "Pinch Production".

On the off-chance that you don't already know this (and apologies if you do), the "required position" is known either as "Goshman Pinch" or "Tenkai Pinch", depending on whom you ask. It's in the revised and expanded version of Bobo. There are essentially two common methods of getting into it (that I know of, at least): the original and the Scotty York methods. The original's in Bobo, and you can find the Scotty York one in (amongst other places, but this is straight off the top of my head) Michael Ammar's "Complete Introduction to Coin Magic".

The explanation given in "The Revolutionary Coin Magic of Jay Sankey" covers both methods of getting into position, along with a more detailed description of, and more applications for, the Pinch Production itself.

Hope that helps. Sorry if it's more information than you needed.

Cheers,

Cy.
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
Hello Cy,

Not too much information at all, you answered my question. Unfortunately, I seem to own the original version of Bobo's "Modern coin magic" (Dover edition) which doesn't refer to the "Goshman Pinch" or "Tenkai Pinch".

Just to make sure we are talking about the same sleight, do both these techniques you refer to involve using the pinky?

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27112 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Richard, please have a look for the 'Tenkai Pennies' routine in the old version. I recall it as present, along with a description of the pinch. For some reason the editors got the credits confused and attributed the concealment to Al Goshman.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Richard: Yep, we're talking about the same sleight. Happy to help. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Cy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sankey's DVD "45" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL