The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Square Circle Card by Mickael Chatelain (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
I just returned from Blackpool and only bought 2 tricks.
Both were from Michael.
His Paradox card fooled me badly and I know exactly how I will be using it. I have to say, if I can stand and watch a trick and be badly fooled by it I have to assume I can do the same for my audiences. And if they experience a moment like I experienced when I saw it then I will be very happy.
I look forward to trying tis and adding my own presentation. Likewise with his Matrix 2. It is like watching trick photography!
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2016, pelicantrapper wrote:
I like how stucky keeps it real though. Thanks stucky. If I could really do magic. I would NOT be changing a square into a circle.
Thanks

you also wouldn't be finding people cards or using cards generally
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2016, einhorn wrote:
I just returned from Blackpool and only bought 2 tricks.
Both were from Michael.
His Paradox card fooled me badly and I know exactly how I will be using it. I have to say, if I can stand and watch a trick and be badly fooled by it I have to assume I can do the same for my audiences. And if they experience a moment like I experienced when I saw it then I will be very happy.
I look forward to trying tis and adding my own presentation. Likewise with his Matrix 2. It is like watching trick photography!

Can't wait to receive mine Nick. It's incredible how most have dismissed, or ignored these incredible effects, or just seen them as mere puzzles. Suits me though. The only reason I would have gone to Blackpool would been to have picked these two effects up sooner.
metaplayer
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of metaplayer
I think its great! I go from Hole to Tag and then into square Circle.
By the time I get to Square Circle the spec is so blown away they just sit and watch... no trying to grab anything...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I love Mickaels effects and have nearly them all , but didn't rate either of these . The Matrix thread was clearky visibly and the Paradox card was a puzzle at best . Expected so much more from the great man .
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
This is one of the most perplexing things I've seen in a while. Why would you have a card with a hole in it? Because you've discovered something amazing and want to share it with people.

So far no comments that hint at the solution. I wish it would stay that way but there is zero hope of that. Until there is a policy change the Magic Café will continue to be the place everyone goes to learn how tricks work without paying for the trick.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
STucky wrote:

Quote:
I like how he says it's no good except for dimly lit places and then says it's deceptive.

Stucky did he say that? Or did he says it's no good under SUNLIGHT and BRIGHT STUDIO LIGHTS?

There are a heck of a lot of tricks that wouldn't look good under sunlight but are amazing deceptive in Bars, Clubs, Restaurants and Parties. To top it off Rick Lax gave exactly that caveat. What could be fairer?

I realize it's an honest mistake but before saying something negative it would be best to double check.

Quoting someone inaccurately isn't "keeping it real".
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
This effect does not suit me personally but I wonder if it can be done as close for eyes as it can for the camera.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Spectators from a few feet away your fine - not ideal for close close up.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
With good shadows this is easy for close up like thread my menter said
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This got 100% from both boys in the WPR...quite surprised by that acc

Sleepy
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Be wary of tricks you buy just because you can't figure them out
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
This got 100% from both boys in the WPR...quite surprised by that acc

Sleepy

Never forget that

1) They are muppets
2) They need to flog this stuff
3) They are muppets
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Don't know why, but if this was a sansmind release or anyone else it would have scored way way less
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
This will undoubtedly fool laymen...but the weakness is not being able to hand it out unless you have some prepared dupes to swap for.

What really gets me is the number of people who were magicians who are "Totally baffled".

Whereas the first thing I always get suspicious of is any effect that's done against a black background..,and I'm pretty slow. !
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
This will undoubtedly fool laymen...but the weakness is not being able to hand it out unless you have some prepared dupes to swap for.

What really gets me is the number of people who were magicians who are "Totally baffled".

Whereas the first thing I always get suspicious of is any effect that's done against a black background..,and I'm pretty slow. !

I know what you are getting at but Michael shows the hole without a black background at many points but I think a black background maybe needed sometimes

Sleepy
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I like this a lot as a lead in to another effect, because as others have said, this is more of a puzzle than a routine. I thought of a cool script around the 'square peg in a round hole' idiom to demonstrate how we can change the way we perceive reality. Its all about finding the right context to introduce this.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Only the second page and the hinting has begun. If you want to know how this is done but don't want to pay the creator stay tuned.

It generally begins with the guys who want to make it clear that they figured it out and are smarter than the rest of us who admit to being fooled. That's very important to some people. Especially but not exclusively newbies.

If policy is not changed the Magic Café will continue to be the place to find out how tricks are done. We are allowed to speculate so we apparently must speculate.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Only the second page and the hinting has begun. If you want to know how this is done but don't want to pay the creator stay tuned.

It generally begins with the guys who want to make it clear that they figured it out and are smarter than the rest of us who admit to being fooled. That's very important to some people. Especially but not exclusively newbies.

If policy is not changed the Magic Café will continue to be the place to find out how tricks are done. We are allowed to speculate so we apparently must speculate.

Don't get so defensive..so what if people are smarter than you ?

Just be the best you can be.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
An attempt at humor to deflect a genuine point. Nice try.

The Magic Café is the place to come to learn how tricks are done without paying the creator.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Square Circle Card by Mickael Chatelain (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL