The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlinds Spoon Bend.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
446 Posts

Profile of Rick
Yes... I know it saved my marriage...lol.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just got it and it is great. Started practicing the moves right away.
bizarrewreck
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, CO
51 Posts

Profile of bizarrewreck
I had a women look at me from the angle during the morph bend and I simply stopped the movement until she came back around front and center. Still amazed at the end of it all.
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
I was about to say the other day that the second bend is angle proof (maybe I forgot). I'm sure Richard mentions that you can do it surrounded. It really is a killer! You can do it with keys, coins and also (i found out the other day) coke can ring pulls! They are very easy to bend!
:pepper:.
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I saw Mr. Osterlind lecture last week and witnessed the spoon bend from 2 feet away....just incredible,,,,he explains how you look at the spoon like you really believe its bending and the spectators will follow,,,,,best magic lecture I've EVER seen!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes indeed it is very, very good. I did it last night at work and everyone amazed. I used only one spoon impromptu. I showed it straight and then went to both bends.
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Does the lighting in the room play a part? Can metal bending be done under any conditions?
Robinson
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Robinson
I've never had any problems with lighting so I would say no it doesn't. If it is dim then that would just keep the people from seeing the spoon blend in every detail.
The best kept secret of magic.. practice Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes, no problem, more light the better.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3797 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I recently performed Osterlind's spoon bend for my 18 year old nephew, my brother, his wife and my mother. A tough and unforgiving crowd. They all loved it and found it amazing. In the words of my nephew, "that was cool. It looked like something from the Matrix." Can't wait to try the spike bending routine.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes it is good. I had a show this weekend and never got around to it. I didn't know the haunted keys were so easy to break and a kid broke mine.

The spoon bend is a powerful effect.
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
Everything Osterlind performs is solid gold in my opinion, and his spoon bend really does look amazing.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Where can I get CHEAP thin spoons to do this?I've gone to some local dollar stores and they have spoons but the stems are a little too thick. Also I need a narrow neck so at the end I can twist the spoon around 180 degrees.
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
Sam's Club sells decent silverware for this -at least locally. I want to say that the set was 24 spoons (or forks) for 7 bucks.

My wife 'caught' me bending her good silverware during a dinner with some friends, and I was immediatley chastised for ruining it. It added quite well to the presentation.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I have to agree with all of the other posts here.
Osterlind's bending routines are great. He performed one though that just can't be explained. It actually bent (this is not a lie) in my friends hand. I asked him about it and he said that some stuff he just doesn't want to give away. I can respect that completely. What separates us from the other magicians? ORIGINALITY!!! We all know how the spoon bends, that's not the magic part. Your OWN creativity must shine through and THAT will amaze your audience.

:applause:
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2004-07-16 11:12, okitobox wrote:
I have to agree with all of the other posts here.
Osterlind's bending routines are great. He performed one though that just can't be explained. It actually bent (this is not a lie) in my friends hand. I asked him about it and he said that some stuff he just doesn't want to give away. I can respect that completely. What separates us from the other magicians? ORIGINALITY!!! We all know how the spoon bends, that's not the magic part. Your OWN creativity must shine through and THAT will amaze your audience.
:applause:

I don't quite understand this post
Who was doing what and who was asking whom?
Cheers
TJ
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Walmart has the spoons, 6 ea for a dollar.
Conlaw
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Conlaw
Quote:
Is there a particular type of spoon that is better for Osterlind's routine? How many should I plan on going through for practice?

Any spoon will do just fine. However, and I think Mr. Osterlind recommends this on the DVD as well, soup spoons with large bowls work FANTASTIC. The larger bowl really highlights the bending illusion and makes the effect look so much better. Although, in a pinch any spoon works just fine.

Conlaw
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
I use just about any silverware I can get. I have even used knives although they are made of a type of spring steel and bend back move of the way.

A funny story! When I was in Bejing China, I wanted to use the effect to get over the language barrier. I was going to walk around for about an hour before the stage show and do this at tables. When I got to the banquet room, all they had was chopsticks! Luckily for me, they now drink coffee in China and I was able to get some small metal spoons from the back room!

Richard
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
151 Posts

Profile of chanor
Finn Jon has a great spoon bend on his mentalism video, in which he throws a previously-examined spoon into a bag held by the spectator. He then visibly bends a second spoon. Upon opening the bag, the first spoon has sympathetically bent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlinds Spoon Bend.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL