The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlinds Spoon Bend.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well after performing this many, many times, during the second bend, I started getting the reply "Hey, you are just tilting the spoon!"

ANyone else get this? I have watched the DVD many times afterwards and am practicing the "believe in the magic," etc but a bit gunshy of the second bend. I also perform the haunted key occasionally, pennys etc.

Any help much appreciated cause I love this effect and know I must need to adjust something.

SHows are pouring in and I need to make these adjustments before performing it.

Candini
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I have had it a couple of times in the past "you're tilting the spoon", however when you hand them it and it really is bent they quickly shut the heck up.

I find it happens less now as I first begin slowly, without a bend and ask everyone to concentrate on it and nothing happens at all. Now you do the work on the off beat and slowy go into it. This packs better for my performances anyway.

If you really strain in your face and believe in the magic, as someone said, and do what Mr Osterlind says, think of the beam coming from your forehead and bending the spoon. You should act this through with your whole body and not just the one hand or your head.

Hope this helps a little,

Kind thoughts,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Let me add 2 other thoughts here. The first is to think of a sort of "swivel" around the bend. It's hard to explain, but the spoon kind of "rolls over" the pivot point of the bend. The other is to not only tip the spoon forward, but also rotate it slightly at the same time. The combination of movements really make it look like it is bending.

Richard

PS Try this. SQUEEZE the handle of the spoon real hard and slide up your right thumb to cause the rest of the spoon to pivot forward.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
Thanks for that Richard, that's somthing I had never though of, funny that as I use a simular method in bending coins.

Any one elese here notice an increasing use of plastic spoons at parties they are invited to? Smile

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks! Richard, I knew when you said on the DVD you had spent a lot of time (years) perfecting this, it was more to "just a bend."

Will keep working it.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Any give me a link to this performance, I have yet to see this performance?
j55
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2004-09-29 16:43, joker 55 wrote:
Any give me a link to this performance, I have yet to see this performance?
j55

joker 55,
If you want to see a performance of Mr. Osterlinds' Spoon bend, then buy The DVD! You will not be disappointed.

Ray
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos, it has the performance and explanation. It is not a one hit pony either, all four of his Mind Mysteries DVDs are killer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlinds Spoon Bend.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL