The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
831 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, rasmus wrote:
There is no need for the Envelope. Just take a piece of the Gimmick Material and stick it (With repositional Glue) to the Palm of your hand and mime how they should put the hand on the Card. While you are showing them what to do, you get the Information and there is no suspicion.

Try it out, works like a Charm. Interesting, that this Method was not shown on the Download.

Have Fun and Enjoy Smile

Exellent Rasmus great thinking.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
200 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Rasmus. Thank you.
That is a very pure method.
Love it.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
All this apprehension towards the envelope, is it that magicians and hobbyists are the ones trying to use this mostly? Or are people really that truly terrible at figuring out how to present a routine?

How are people perfectly ok with doing wallet peeks where some people in the audience will clearly remember that you basically did handle the card/billet or even a CT. A CT is terrible if you can't justify taking back the billet to perform a CT in the first place.

A wallet peak is quite different from taking back an envelope from someone. Although wallet peaks are a bit unnnatural, you are putting their card into what the audience think is a sealed wallet so it is all good in their mind but the justification for taking back the envelope is weak IMO
But each to their own

Make sure there's nothing else to write on lying around on the table or what not or leave something in the envelope which would justify why you need to take it back. A wallet peak has FAR less justification. Why are you taking the card back? So that nobody can see the written down information? Why can't the spectator just stick it down his/her pants instead? Safest place and one of the most personal spaces for it. The wallet is nice due to convenience rather than it being the most sensible approach to it.

For Steam, the heat is on the card if anywhere. The card is FACE DOWN. You don't come near or touch the card. Getting the envelope back is not something anybody remembers or pays attention to as long as you don't guilt trip yourself to the point where you are giving off a vibe which makes them suspect the envelope.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
There is no need for the Envelope. Just take a piece of the Gimmick Material and stick it (With repositional Glue) to the Palm of your hand and mime how they should put the hand on the Card. While you are showing them what to do, you get the Information and there is no suspicion.

Try it out, works like a Charm. Interesting, that this Method was not shown on the Download.

Have Fun and Enjoy Smile

I thought that as well and tried it out and it works amazingly but I just didn't like the idea of sticking it to my hand as it makes my hand go sticky after doing the effect.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:

Have Fun and Enjoy Smile

Excellent idea, now I have a use for the bill gaff material the kit comes with.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:

Try it out, works like a Charm.
Interesting, that this Method was not shown on the Download.

Have Fun and Enjoy Smile

Instead of the repositional glue I think it will be best if I lick my hand slightly and just stick it on..
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
No I would use repositionable
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1075 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks, rasmus! GREAT idea.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, saysold1 wrote:

But Wouldnt you have to then prepare each paper so you could stick it on.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. You can carry an index card or two or three and stick them on it so that you can transport them around until ready to use.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. You can carry an index card or two or three and stick them on it so that you can transport them around until ready to use.

Yes but surely it would be easier to just lick your hand and stick it on
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) I don't trust the material to get wet.
2) I don't want to leave any moisture or smell or what have you on the card itself.

I honestly like the envelope approach better especially for close up/walk around. Self contained and packs as small and flat as possible. I have not found anybody being suspicious of the envelope because I start making guesses and giving little readings before I even mention needing the envelope back, so in their mind the envelope is inconsequential because they have started buying into me already knowing things about what they are thinking about. It's all in the presentation.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1) I don't trust the material to get wet.
2) I don't want to leave any moisture or smell or what have you on the card itself.

I honestly like the envelope approach better especially for close up/walk around. Self contained and packs as small and flat as possible. I have not found anybody being suspicious of the envelope because I start making guesses and giving little readings before I even mention needing the envelope back, so in their mind the envelope is inconsequential because they have started buying into me already knowing things about what they are thinking about. It's all in the presentation.

Fair enough..

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Btw guys if you want to get new pens for this effect, these do the trick and are good quality.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marking-Permanent-Marker-1-7mm-Bullet/dp/B000071LUP
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
The link above doesn't work
This one does
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marking-Permanen......00071LUP
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Very apriciated:)

the glue goes just on the paper. it leaves nothing on your hand, give it a try. the stick provided
is perfect for the in the hand method.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Very apriciated:)

the glue goes just on the paper. it leaves nothing on your hand, give it a try. the stick provided
is perfect for the in the hand method.

I get what you mean but what I do is I just lick my hand as its easier and it doesn't affect the paper. In fact I made a video of me doing this version (stuck on the hand) around two weeks ago and my other version if just having the envelope in my hand, might post them...

Sleepy
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1075 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
For those of you in the United States, here's a link for replacing the marking pen with the exact same one which is included in the kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AQ......_o00_s00
Elliot Marx
View Profile
New user
Australia
82 Posts

Profile of Elliot Marx
Thanks Rasmus, what an excellent and simple idea.

Elliot
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
Does anyone know what kind of card stock the business cards are? I've been trying to find a match.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL