We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1513 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
there is another version with the same size barrel but a narrower tip. It looks like it's the same ink but I haven't tried it so can't guarantee it. They are very cheap.

The way I read the ad is that the narrower tip is just the narrow dimension of the same chisel tip.

Mike
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2016, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
there is another version with the same size barrel but a narrower tip. It looks like it's the same ink but I haven't tried it so can't guarantee it. They are very cheap.

The way I read the ad is that the narrower tip is just the narrow dimension of the same chisel tip.

Mike

Sorry, I think I posted the same link twice. It the one below. The tip is half the size of the chisel tip.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000071L......f=plSrch
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1152 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, Michael Mindreader wrote:
Do you think audience would be able to tell the difference between mental magic and mentalism?

Yes.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1152 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
[quote]On Mar 7, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2016, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
World Products Review just discussed it on their latest show.
It is the last product discussed.

yeah cause mind reading is important stuff right? Smile

If you make your living at it, yes.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Just got this, as I also had the original Steam.

For those of you that own David Stone's ZENITH.

If you make up a gimmick, you can use the gimmick already made up to hold the sheet, and thus no need to use the glue.

For those of you that have Steam and/or Zenith will understand.

The peek is totally justified.

Another idea: You can do Asi Wind's ACAAN, without the card box.

Have them write down a card, lets say 5 H, then a number next to it, lets say 38.

Then you do the method for Asi's ACAAN, and since the spectator doesn't know you already know the information, the secret move can be done in the open now.

Just tried it on myself twice, and it worked a charm.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Why won't I buy this? Because Ali is a thief. He stole from a dealer at this years Blackpool convention but was caught on camera. Although he apologised and eventually paid for the item he offered up some BS excuse why he did it.

There is no excuse for stealing. Therefore putting money in his pocket seems wrong.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I have a Method to do Effect handsoff. You can leave the room
and send them a whatsapp message from outside of the Room. Your Hand never comes near the Writing.

If you want to know the Mechanics, just send me an e-mail to: order@rasmusmagic.ch

Don't forget to send me a Purchase Proof, ok?

Best Wishes

Rasmus

PS: perhaps I'll shoot a little Demo
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Your method sounds interesting Ramus.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1088 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
GREAT ideas, rasmus. Smile Your 'WhatsApp' method may be my 'go to' approach to this. Thanks!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Very appreciated Smile

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
923 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi All,

I'm after some more breathable card in the United Kingdom- any help would be greatly received.

Thanks
Rob
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Next time I perform steam, I do it like this:

i let them cover their drawing with their shoe (drawing on the floor). I leave the room and call the
participant via phone to try and guess his thought. I miss and come back into the room and tell them, that
i know a guy that will try over the phone to read their mind.

i let them call the number and the guy on the phone (a friend of mine) will exactly desribe their drawing.

what do you think folks?

www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, rasmus wrote:
Next time I perform steam, I do it like this:

i let them cover their drawing with their shoe (drawing on the floor). I leave the room and call the
participant via phone to try and guess his thought. I miss with the excuse, that my concentration is not at a maximum level and come back into the room and tell them, that
i know a guy that will try over the phone to read their mind.

i let them call the number and the guy on the phone (a friend of mine) will exactly desribe their drawing.

what do you think folks?

www.rasmusmagic.ch
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1088 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Used rasmus' hands off (shoe) idea (on the heel)for a gig this afternoon in a local bar. It absolutely KILLED! Thanks again for sharing your genius with us.
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
The exact trick and method rasmus has described was explained in chrismatt's Little Nicky & Other Oddities published back in 2010 (the third part of his trilogy on the Steam principle). I've used it many times and it KILLS! (As does many of the wonderfully devious methods and very commercial routines in his three books.)
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
I bought some Avery business cards in matte finish and they work well, I don't know if the Avery brand is available in the United Kingdom but any matte finish should work. They are a lighter weight card stock and bleed through a bit but that gives you more motivation to have the spectator cover it with either the envelope or the card box. I've come up with a set up that allows for a quicker reset if using a card box. PM me if your interested.

Dan
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well don't lkie the envelope idea I had one spec give me the envelope back and that was that, he knew how I done it because he accidently turned it over a bit,can't afford to have that happen,lol, I will stick to my note pad routine work's everytime.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:
Well don't lkie the envelope idea I had one spec give me the envelope back and that was that, he knew how I done it because he accidently turned it over a bit,can't afford to have that happen,lol, I will stick to my note pad routine work's everytime.

You ask them to lift their hand a little to slide the envelope out. You shouldn't ask them to pick up the envelope and hand it back to you. Tell them exactly what you need them to do and they will follow your instructions. If you want to be super safe, you take the envelope after they have slid it out partially.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:

You ask them to lift their hand a little to slide the envelope out. You shouldn't ask them to pick up the envelope and hand it back to you. Tell them exactly what you need them to do and they will follow your instructions. If you want to be super safe, you take the envelope after they have slid it out partially.
yes see where yo are coming from,i was a little off the ball that day,but just kinda not like the way of doing it,horses for courses I suppose.
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
This in stock anywhere in the US?
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL