We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1088 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, CharlieC wrote:
This in stock anywhere in the US?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6717
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1152 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, CharlieC wrote:
This in stock anywhere in the US?

Vanishing, Inc.

Presto Magic Studio

probably any store that gets stuff from Murphy's Magic
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Refills should now be available from all of your favourite dealers Smile We will also be updating the Steam 2.0 download area with some creative new handlings and approaches that have been submitted in the not to distant future. Thank you all for your brilliant ideas and continued support.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1088 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2016, Bro Gilbert wrote:
...We will also be updating the Steam 2.0 download area with some creative new handlings and approaches that have been submitted in the not to distant future.

Great! Appreciate your keeping us advised.
neurostand
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of neurostand
The envelope-routine failed the wive test for me. The money routine works much better... Don't know why I did not try that one first.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, neurostand wrote:
The envelope-routine failed the wive test for me. The money routine works much better... Don't know why I did not try that one first.

Or maybe you know, perform for actual lay people? LoL.
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2016, chrismatt wrote:
I was that Cafť member and the year was 2010. The history concerning my discovery and use of the principle is described in detail in those manuscripts, which were sold to a limited number of mentalists with their promise not to discuss or review the contents therein.

German mentalist Chester Sass and I corresponded that year after he received a copy of one of my three manuscripts. He seemed quite enthusiastic about it, even though he also had independently come up with the same underlying principle. The late Dick Christian also seemed quite enthusiastic when, years ago, I wrote to him about my Sub Rosa Book Test ideas. I have a note from him that reads, in part, ďMeanwhile, yes, your description of how you use Sub Rosa...IS a very practical method that is unlikely to be detected. The fact that Sub Rosa obviates the need for any writing to be done using the book itself as the "desk" is beautiful and, as far as I am aware, something no one else has thought of.Ē

I could go on and on, but let me say that I am surprised that more work has not been done to develop this beautiful principle. My manuscripts, detailing my work over the past ten years, went in many and varied directions. I am happy to say that, over the years, I've heard back from a few who actually read and applied the information I described. Several of those applications are marvelous!

As a gift to those of you who know the underlying principle, let me describe a simple effect, derived from one of the applications described in my books: S writes down a number on a plain business card, turns it face down and covers it with a salt or pepper shaker. In one presentation, a little pepper is poured into the hand as the S concentrates on her number. Suddenly the pepper starts to "come alive" and forms the very number the S is thinking of! Of course, you never touch the card.

Finally, thanks to those of you who've contacted me about the availability of my manuscripts. It's been six years now since they were published and they are now almost all gone. The "kit" versions contained some very useful material (for example, specially made index cards that worked beautifully with the principle--the marker writing did not bleed through like ordinary, crappy index cards) and loads of the other special material. Of course, rather than be a supplier of this easily obtainable material, I described in my books where anyone could purchase the stuff for cheap.

Good luck!
CM
chrismattx@gmail.com

The trilogy is apparently becoming more widely known. A review was just published by distinguished Cafť member NeilS: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=303#0

I got these three books six years ago and must say they contain some of the best kept secrets in mentalism! The work is absolutely brilliant and much of it extremely practical. I've used many of the devices, inventions, routines and ideas described in the trilogy for quite some time. They are among the best information retrieval devices I've ever seen or used. 100% effective and deceptive, with TONS of advice about markers, card stock, clever handlings, ingenious applications, etc.
Adam Kadabra
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Adam Kadabra
I hope I don't repeat anything already mentioned, but I think the Trailer and description to be very misleading- similar to Phantom by Peter Eggink. The thing you desperatly need is not even shown in the trailer. It is sold an amazing method to know what somebody wrote. Yes you do not have to add or remove something secretly- but you have to do it anyways. It is a peek technically and I think the method is absolutly not motivated, it just doesn't make any sense to me. IIn my opinion, this is just a Ghost with less motivation. I really looked forward to it and I relly do not want to drag any creator down, but if it was as good as the description, one does not need to manipulate the trailer or put misleading info in the description. I'm giving it back- if you have a Ghost or basically any impression device- use that, it's way more useful.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, Adam Kadabra wrote:
I hope I don't repeat anything already mentioned, but I think the Trailer and description to be very misleading- similar to Phantom by Peter Eggink. The thing you desperatly need is not even shown in the trailer. It is sold an amazing method to know what somebody wrote. Yes you do not have to add or remove something secretly- but you have to do it anyways. It is a peek technically and I think the method is absolutly not motivated, it just doesn't make any sense to me. IIn my opinion, this is just a Ghost with less motivation. I really looked forward to it and I relly do not want to drag any creator down, but if it was as good as the description, one does not need to manipulate the trailer or put misleading info in the description. I'm giving it back- if you have a Ghost or basically any impression device- use that, it's way more useful.

Pm me and I will give you an idea of how to perform my version that doesn't look suspicious

Sleepy
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, Adam Kadabra wrote:

Ghost has even less motivation. Why is the person writing on a card if you have a notepad? Plus you handle the card as well so if you think about it, there's more handling with Ghost. There's also the envelope, yes on one hand it makes the information even more hidden but on the other hand it's additional handling of everything. You're reading thoughts are you not? If that is what you are trying to present then you should not draw so much attention to the card being written/drawn on.

I'm sure most of you have likely not bothered to think these things through all that much. I implore you all to get your hands on Michael Murray's A Piece of My Mind and read his thoughts on billet work. How he has a spectator write down information is truly invaluable and you will learn quite a bit in regards to how to handle and treat billets (writing on a card is essentially the same thing).
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
I know I'm a little late but I just picked this up at a convention and it is awesome soon great I love this
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, jackaboy wrote:
I know I'm a little late but I just picked this up at a convention and it is awesome soon great I love this

If you want my alternative handling... If you don't like the one on the DVD then pm me..

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Been doing this since Blackpoll and I have been using my handling and it gets amazing reactions... I showed it to one of my most skeptical friends...I normally can't get anything past him...I presented this as a psychology routine and it killed him!! Buy this...but don't use the handling they give....

Sleepy
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Been doing this since Blackpoll and I have been using my handling and it gets amazing reactions... I showed it to one of my most skeptical friends...I normally can't get anything past him...I presented this as a psychology routine and it killed him!! Buy this...but don't use the handling they give....

Sleepy

The handlings they provide are workable. The fact that you've tried to present it as a psychology routine is a red flag if you were trying to do a mind read. On what planet is psychology a plausible explanation for a mind read? Maybe when you're trying to figure out which list item is selected, where a hidden object is, etc. Ok, in that context psychology could be used because it's plausible that influence and suggestion was involved. When you're doing a drawing dupe or trying to read a thought, psychology plays no part unless the plot you're going for is mind control. However, mind control =/= mind read.

Perhaps your handling really only applies to whatever you're using it for but for the purpose of a mind read demonstration, what is provided is more than workable and solid, in which your handling may actually be no good for such an application of the Steam principle.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

Sleepy

The handlings they provide are workable. The fact that you've tried to present it as a psychology routine is a red flag if you were trying to do a mind read. On what planet is psychology a plausible explanation for a mind read? Maybe when you're trying to figure out which list item is selected, where a hidden object is, etc. Ok, in that context psychology could be used because it's plausible that influence and suggestion was involved. When you're doing a drawing dupe or trying to read a thought, psychology plays no part unless the plot you're going for is mind control. However, mind control =/= mind read.

By psychology what I mean is...well let me explain...they think of a number between 1 and 1000...I tell them to write it down etc. Then I say to them to think of their first digit and then I count from 1-9 out loud and explain that I will try and guess the first digit through facial expressions and changes.... I do this with all of their digits...write it down and obviously its right
....believe it or not all of the people I have done this for believed 100% that I figured it out through their facial expressions even through I told them to keep their best poker face

Sleepy
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sleepy

By psychology what I mean is...well let me explain...they think of a number between 1 and 1000...I tell them to write it down etc. Then I say to them to think of their first digit and then I count from 1-9 out loud and explain that I will try and guess the first digit through facial expressions and changes.... I do this with all of their digits...write it down and obviously its right
....believe it or not all of the people I have done this for believed 100% that I figured it out through their facial expressions even through I told them to keep their best poker face

Sleepy

So again, not a mind read really because what you have demonstrated there could be a suggestion/influence type plot. I use Steam mainly for drawing dupes and reading a thought of word/name/etc.

With your routine, the provided handling would have worked well, because you telling them that youíre reading their expressions, etc. Their attention would automatically be on them trying to watch you watch for facial expressions.

The only way that the provided handling (Iím speaking of the envelope handling) would fail is due to the following: 1) not having a motivation for having the envelope 2) making a fuss when trying to get the envelope back. The first point is easy to overcome because the instructions does give you a great motivation for introducing the envelope (has to do with shapes, people who own this and watched the instructions would know what Iím talking about). The second point, you really just have to have a non-chalant attitude towards it. Itís not a move. Itís not a big thing to draw attention to. You simply just need something to jot thoughts down on. Treat it as such. They donít question it because you told them why you are doing what youíre doing (again, donít make a big deal out of it, donít make any deal out of it). The same reason why your participant and audience believes that you did what you did was through facial expressions works applies to point 2. You state something as is and they will take it at face value, as long as you are not wishy washy about it.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sleepy

Sleepy

So again, not a mind read really because what you have demonstrated there could be a suggestion/influence type plot. I use Steam mainly for drawing dupes and reading a thought of word/name/etc.

With your routine, the provided handling would have worked well, because you telling them that youíre reading their expressions, etc. Their attention would automatically be on them trying to watch you watch for facial expressions.

The only way that the provided handling (Iím speaking of the envelope handling) would fail is due to the following: 1) not having a motivation for having the envelope 2) making a fuss when trying to get the envelope back. The first point is easy to overcome because the instructions does give you a great motivation for introducing the envelope (has to do with shapes, people who own this and watched the instructions would know what Iím talking about). The second point, you really just have to have a non-chalant attitude towards it. Itís not a move. Itís not a big thing to draw attention to. You simply just need something to jot thoughts down on. Treat it as such. They donít question it because you told them why you are doing what youíre doing (again, donít make a big deal out of it, donít make any deal out of it). The same reason why your participant and audience believes that you did what you did was through facial expressions works applies to point 2. You state something as is and they will take it at face value, as long as you are not wishy washy about it.

I understand what you are getting at... And I only used the DVD handling 8 times and the main two reasons I didn't like it is because 1) even after basing my routine on influence and making the envelope completely irrelevant AMD just something to jot ideas on....around 4 people said that the ink "leaked" onto the envelope...obviously this isn't the case but some people had suspicions even through my best efforts...

And number 2) around 5 peoples impressions were wobbly because they had been moving the envelope around...unintentionally..in or under their hands whilst I was talking to them....this made the impression just about readable for most but one or two I couldn't get so I just used my sw*** gimmick as an out.....so it was quite unreliable that's why

Sleepy
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:

I understand what you are getting at... And I only used the DVD handling 8 times and the main two reasons I didn't like it is because 1) even after basing my routine on influence and making the envelope completely irrelevant AMD just something to jot ideas on....around 4 people said that the ink "leaked" onto the envelope...obviously this isn't the case but some people had suspicions even through my best efforts...

And number 2) around 5 peoples impressions were wobbly because they had been moving the envelope around...unintentionally..in or under their hands whilst I was talking to them....this made the impression just about readable for most but one or two I couldn't get so I just used my sw*** gimmick as an out.....so it was quite unreliable that's why

Sleepy

Yeah, the blobby impressions, was a pain in the butt initially. I had to rework my verbal instructions to make sure they wrote things down the way I needed them to write things down (big and bold so everyone else can see it clearly later).

The leaky ink assumption from the audience, that one is easily managed if you ask them "That's a nice thick card and you can't see through it correct? Let's also put this on top for good measure."
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of robd
If anyone has Weber's Seer wallet, the card can be kept in there and brought out for the spectator to write on, and then placed on top with the other paper in the peek position in the wallet. Then pick up the wallet to get out another card to write on, peek, put wallet away, duplicate, and you're done.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Kissdadookie, welcome back!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL