The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
I'm having a hard time reading the impression. Using the supplied pen, the copied image/word is always blurry and sometimes, words overlapping (not sure if there is such a word).
Any recommendation?
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1394 Posts

Profile of rowland
You are better off using numbers or a picture
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Overlap ? Did your spectator's hand move too much while she was covering the paper or envelope ? That'll cause the impression to be blurry too .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2016, Legendary Wizard wrote:
Overlap ? Did your spectator's hand move too much while she was covering the paper or envelope ? That'll cause the impression to be blurry too .

I just got this and only used it three times.
I tried it on my wife and she didn't let me take out the envelope. Her hand was moving and resisting.
By the time I got it, the impression was blurred to the point that I couldn't read it.
She was just trying to be funny, but I learned something from it.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Like I said, I just got this.
I'm pretty sure that I will be using this often.
So here's the question.
What kind of paper do I need for the spectators' card? (The one he writes on)
I want to order new business cards and it would be great if I get the correct paper.
Construction paper?
Should I give the printer a sample?
Perhaps he should give me a sample to test?
It would be nice if there was a generic name for the paper type.
Thanks,
Ihor
bentleymagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of bentleymagic
Just performed this for my wife and she questioned the envelope straight away a soon as I took it back. Anyone else had this?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3970 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Only married ones Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2073 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Why don‘t you do it with bills? The way that Bro teaches in the video?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
There are so many options.
Bills, Invisible deck,, etc.
I'm having a lot of fun with this.
The best part is coming up with new options.
Ihor
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Steam 2.0
Creator: Ali Nouira
Publisher: Paul Harris presents
MSRP: $ 45
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 1 hour

Type of effect: mentalism reveal of a written prediction

Manufacturer's Write Up:

ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST INGENIOUS MIND-READING SECRETS PERFECTED! by Ali Nouira. Based on Marc Salem's BROTHER OF ALL DUPLICATIONS PRINCIPLE

You instantly know what she secretly wrote on a blank business card...while the face-down card is covered by her hand -- or a bunch of hands -- or even a book!
THE PERFECT PROPS
THE PERFECT PRESENTATION
THE PERFECT SECRET
THE PERFECT EVERYTHING!

Watch the Demo Now: Seriously. When you see the STEAM 2.0 method, you'll need a moment of astonished silence to take in the sheer steamy beauty of the ingenious secret.

YOU NEVER HAVE TO TOUCH OR EVEN SEE THE CARD...YET YOU ALWAYS KNOW EXACTLY WHAT SHE HAS DRAWN!

You can even turn your back while the spectator writes her secret word and covers it with her hand (and whatever else she wants to cover it with). You can even have a spectator cover your eyes with her hands. You can even be in a different room and direct her over the phone. And yet, when you come back into the room, you can still discover her secret word or drawing!

ENOUGH SECRET STUFF FOR 100 PERFORMANCES

Plus! A Bonus set of 50 STEAM 2.0 bill gaffs for an out-of-your-wallet "money hustle" presentation. And YES! You even get Two (2) Fortune Telling Fish for the Steamed Red Herring presentation.

* REFILL PACKS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

STEAM 2.0 THE PERFECT SECRET FOR THE PERFECT STEAM.

How accurate is the ad copy? I didn't find anything deceptive

What's in the box? Everything you need to perform - and build and maintain this trick. You'll be able to perform this 100 times with what is provided.

Key points: STEAM 2.0 comes complete with plenty of steamy new presentations.

· Very Very Easy to do. STEAM 2.0 is basically self-working.
· No carbon copies. No electronics.
· Special blank business card stock stays completely blank on the back after writing.
· No one can see through the back of the card.
· You never have to "peek" the card.
· 5 second reset.
· Adapt to your own Sharpie.
· Completely self contained.
· Nothing to secretly load, switch or ditch.
· Everything can be examined.

How are the production values: Very similar to other PH products. It's shot well with a good camera and sound. It's basically Bro Gilbert teaching you from a living room environment (in Canada).

Is it well made: PH Presents have spent a lot of time finding the absolute perfect materials to use for this effect.

Is it well taught: Bro Gilbert gives you multiple ways to use the gimmick, most of the video is alternate handlings from the original. Bro always explains the effect first to the camera and then a live performance follows.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I loved that everything you needed was included - even the glue stick. I wish more creators thought this in-depth.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" This is the quintessential of "packs flat & plays big" all you need to carry is some small paper products and a pen

Difficulty / Skill level required: The actual effect is so easy, it's basically self working

How much arts and crafts are involved? very little

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Not only can it be done, it can be done RIGHT AWAY! Your angles are minimal and your peek is so organic. This is going to fit in seamlessly with any effect you have where the spectator needs to write something down.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

I love everything about this - love the teaching - love the ideas - "Why haven't' I been using a fortune telling fish before!" The effect is so magical and so cost effective and so easy! Everything is awesome from Paul Harris - buy this right now!

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s8RnM5kgzw
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3249 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Bentleymagic wrote:

Quote:
Just performed this for my wife and she questioned the envelope straight away a soon as I took it back. Anyone else had this?

Magician's wives always have a great deal of magic knowledge even if the magician doesn't realize it.

Beyond that, she's going to know exactly what kind of note paper and envelopes are around the house and whether or not you would normally even know where an envelope was.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I always find it interesting when people say you can't fool your wife or family.

I think that is true to an extent, but I also feel that friends and family often say out loud the things that spectators are silently thinking to themselves.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3249 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Interesting you should say that, Martin. That's true to an extent.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Magician's wives always have a great deal of magic knowledge even if the magician doesn't realize it.

Beyond that, she's going to know exactly what kind of note paper and envelopes are around the house and whether or not you would normally even know where an envelope was.

It also depends on people's intelligence. And probably a lot I would say. My mother knows almost everything I have. Yet, most of the time, when I do an effect, she has no idea how it's done. She's quite naive to a point it's charming.

In any case, one thing that help to hide the method, is to have a good reason to take the envelope back. If you ask her to write, say, an element (fire, water, wind, earth, etc...), you pick the envelope and show you have four papers, (one with fire written on it, one with water, etc...), and you proceed to eliminate them one by one, until one's left, which is what she has written.
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
This effect is great!!
To those worried about justification I'd say stick with the bill version.
I've also tweaked the use of the fortune telling fish. As I am getting into the effect I tell spec that I will enlist some help but leave it at that (patterwise there is more to it but that is the gist of it). After they are done and they cover the card with the envelope. I tell led them I wasn't quite being honest about my help. I tell them that I need the envelope back as my little helper is in the envelope. (Again patterwise there is more I'm just summarizing)
From there I continue forth with Bro's patter about the fortune telling fish.....
JordanD
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of JordanD
Ok, heres a presentational idea I've been using. I get them to write/draw whatever they like on the card and turn it face down while my back is turned. I then ask "Is it ok to turn around?... you can't see through the card right?" they of course say yes. I turn around and almost as an afterthought I then say "here ill place my phone on top for a minute while I explain what it is I need you to do."
I then say "I'm going to turn away again in a second and I need you to pick the card up one more time and burn every detail of this image/word into your mind by staring at it for 4/5 seconds then pop the card into a pocket out of sight and let me know when your done! then when I turn back around I want you to imagine a big white blank canvas and redraw the image in your minds eye as close to that image as you can while I look into your eyes ok?" I then put my hand on my phone turn my head away before starting to pick it up and now I have all the time in the world too the necessary to get my information. I then duplicate the info on another card or the palm of my hand if its a one off for friends.....

My iPhone has a shiny plastic case that helps with what needs to be done... that should make sense to owners of the effect.

My apologies for my terrible explanation skills in advance.

Hope this presentational idea is good for some people Smile
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2016, JordanD wrote:
Ok, heres a presentational idea I've been using. I get them to write/draw whatever they like on the card and turn it face down while my back is turned. I then ask "Is it ok to turn around?... you can't see through the card right?" they of course say yes. I turn around and almost as an afterthought I then say "here ill place my phone on top for a minute while I explain what it is I need you to do."
I then say "I'm going to turn away again in a second and I need you to pick the card up one more time and burn every detail of this image/word into your mind by staring at it for 4/5 seconds then pop the card into a pocket out of sight and let me know when your done! then when I turn back around I want you to imagine a big white blank canvas and redraw the image in your minds eye as close to that image as you can while I look into your eyes ok?" I then put my hand on my phone turn my head away before starting to pick it up and now I have all the time in the world too the necessary to get my information. I then duplicate the info on another card or the palm of my hand if its a one off for friends.....

My iPhone has a shiny plastic case that helps with what needs to be done... that should make sense to owners of the effect.

See!
That's what I like about this forum.
Creative ideas being shared.
That was good thinking. I my use that.
Thanks Jordan
Ihor
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2073 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2016, JordanD wrote:

Great idea. Thanks!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
If you wear a PK Ring, take a piece of the Cardboard Paper and shim it. should be small
enough to be hidden in your Palm. Cover the Paper that's on the Table (a bit smaller then the Cardboard)
and casually cover it with the Hand that has the hidden shimmed Cardboard Paper, to show them, what they should do, then say, wait, better you also cover it with your other Hand (One on Top of the other). gives you more time to get a better Impression.

When you lift up your hands, The Cardboard automatically stucks in your Hand, turn over and take a glimpse or move your hands together as for praying to get the glimpse. then ditch it in your pocket to retrieve a pad
and do the Drawing Dup.

Enjoy and have Fun. Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Mike Criphone
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Mike Criphone
Always works flawless with the standard routine. Justification, not necessary. After capturing the envelope to write on, don't look at the envelope (still "deciphering" the number with eye contact) until you are ready to write. It's really very clean. Brilliant!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL