We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
Available for preorder from Magic and Such - Shipping on the 18th, as well - Free in the USA

http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/paul......-nouira/
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, CSArscott wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, SolidSnake wrote:
If this is based or is STEAM then the ad copy is slightly misleading no? Without giving anything away, I'm pretty sure you have to cover the business card with a special something first then the spec can cover it with whatever. Unless this isn't steam?

In the video he asks her to cover the card with an envelope then her hand.

Everything's examinable and nothing to ditch is intriguing

Not 100% but you then write on the envelope that was used to cover the card.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Looks great, but hate refills
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I don't perform this type of effects but I just might have to get this to blow peoples minds.
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, CSArscott wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, SolidSnake wrote:
If this is based or is STEAM then the ad copy is slightly misleading no? Without giving anything away, I'm pretty sure you have to cover the business card with a special something first then the spec can cover it with whatever. Unless this isn't steam?

In the video he asks her to cover the card with an envelope then her hand.

Everything's examinable and nothing to ditch is intriguing

Not 100% but you then write on the envelope that was used to cover the card.

that's what I thought, so some audience management required.
Chris
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Looks brilliant, my order is in

Mine as well. Might even replace my Blind Man's Wallet...
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
From the ad it appears you get Special blank business card stock for 100 performances that stay completely blank on the back after writing
Gimmick that allows you to adapt to your own Sharpie
It appears you must lay a business card on top of the prediction than take it to make your written prediction.
True you are not touching the spectators prediction, but your taking something away that is right on top of it?
Refills are a pain, cool idea.
neurostand
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of neurostand
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, mysticalsales wrote:
From the ad it appears you get Special blank business card stock for 100 performances that stay completely blank on the back after writing
Gimmick that allows you to adapt to your own Sharpie
It appears you must lay a business card on top of the prediction than take it to make your written prediction.
True you are not touching the spectators prediction, but your taking something away that is right on top of it?
Refills are a pain, cool idea.

Would seem a bit unnatural to me to use a card for cover and then take it to make your own prediction. You don't see that part in the video, so who knows what's the solution to this.
Elliot Marx
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of Elliot Marx
My order is in...

Only question I have is with refills: do any dealers know whether the refills will be easy to source online rather than through dealers?

I also have The Ghost and the special something was relatively easy to source.

Appreciate any insight anyone can provide to assist.

Thanks,

Elliot
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
For best customer service buy it here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6717
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I ordered this from Paul at hocus-pocus. I have the original wanted to see what they did with the pen.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1922 Posts

Profile of Platt
This sounds great. But it is curious that they would leave the basic handling out of the description and so called complete performance video. If it's covering the writing with a business card/envelope and then taking that card back that's dramatically different, and honestly far less clean than what's described. Performance videos can be tricky but this is different than a small move that's covered by misdirection. By the comments, this is something that's visibly and overtly part of the routine. So they should show it, no?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Yes
neurostand
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of neurostand
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, Platt wrote:
This sounds great. But it is curious that they would leave the basic handling out of the description and so called complete performance video. If it's covering the writing with a business card/envelope and then taking that card back that's dramatically different, and honestly far less clean than what's described. Performance videos can be tricky but this is different than a small move that's covered by misdirection. By the comments, this is something that's visibly and overtly part of the routine. So they should show it, no?

Yes, and that's the reason why I haven't pushed the buy button yet.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
If the spectator's card needs to be covered with another card to retrieve the info before the performer writes the prediction than this indeed is misleading.
If it's something that the spectator indeed sees in the routine than in my opinion the only reason to omit it from the "Full Performance" video is to fool the potential customer that would want to buy it based what is seen. Just my 2 cents.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
949 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
This looks fantastic! I'll be picking it up for sure (side note does anyone else find it funny that literally half this thread is people telling us where to buy it from? Pretty sure we know by now)

I don't do a lot of mentalism but this would fit perfectly with the few pieces I do
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, mysticalsales wrote:
If the spectator's card needs to be covered with another card to retrieve the info before the performer writes the prediction than this indeed is misleading.
If it's something that the spectator indeed sees in the routine than in my opinion the only reason to omit it from the "Full Performance" video is to fool the potential customer that would want to buy it based what is seen. Just my 2 cents.

All you say is quite correct.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, Krazyjay wrote:
I ordered this from Paul at hocus-pocus. I have the original wanted to see what they did with the pen.

They didn't do anything with the pen - there is nothing to do with the pen except to make certain it works. Done.

The only reason I would even consider this is for the routines.

I will say that I hope Ali makes a few $$$ from this as Alakazam's knock-off Ghost was a little disappointing as it had a reverse image. This should have a positive image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, Elliot Marx wrote:
My order is in...

Only question I have is with refills: do any dealers know whether the refills will be easy to source online rather than through dealers?

I also have The Ghost and the special something was relatively easy to source.

Appreciate any insight anyone can provide to assist.

Thanks,

Elliot

If this is like the original you can source your own very easily - no need for refills.
ponchito
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of ponchito
I started a topic about Steam in Inner Thoughts back in 2010, because it is a great tool.
It seems now that Steam it has been reborn, but which is the difference?
A new handling?
A different size of the paper?
Something about the Sharpie? (that will be a great improvement!)
And they are skipping a very important part in the description.
The owners of Steam will understand me.
I would like to have more information.

Ponch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL