The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (141 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23~24~25 [Next]
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, magicbrady wrote:
I am very intrigued by this and really want it to make enough sense to purchase it. I actually added it to my shopping cart yesterday and backed away. Those that like it, seem to really like it. I'm just not convinced that it will do anything for me that Psypher or Informant is not already doing. My understanding is that the cool factor is there, which makes me want it, but in the end, I think I'm doing the same thing I already am doing. I think I need to pass. I wish somebody would make a you tube or something showing a logical way of using this that differs from the other awesome peeks that are already on the market.

The key difference with Steam is the disconnect from writing surface to peek area.

Most impression devices/peek devices require close proximity to the ACTUAL information, be it written proximity before hand (imp pad), or extreme close proximity (ie on your possession) afterward (peek wallet)

The beauty of Steam is they can write on a business card or sheet of paper that is not against any potentially suspicious surface that you later retrieve (imp pad), nor do you then handle the card/paper they write on after.....the peek happens in a seperate place.

That is what genuinely makes Steam unique and different to any other type of device.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
It's way past time to put this downstairs!!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Any updates on the refills? When will they be available? How many will they cost & what's in the pack? Only the envelopes/cards... or a new pen as well...?
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
I posted this in the Inner Thoughts section downstairs, but I'm also posting part of it here, as I think it will get a wider reading:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, chrismatt wrote:
With due respect to all who have worked with this principle, I feel I must weigh in here. Ten years ago, I performed extensive tests of various types of markers, paper, card stock, etc. In my trilogy, which I privately published and sold back in 2010, on what is now generally known as the Steam principle, I gave a detailed history of my research and reported my findings. Included with my manuscripts (as a "kit" option) were not only the best marker and imp material I had discovered, but my own specially-designed card stock. I had tested a variety of different weights and types of card stock and sent out kits that included my own fabricated 3" x 5" lined index cards, which worked perfectly with my Sub Rosa Book Test, published in the book of the same name.

Recently, I have received several inquiries about my trilogy, probably because of the renewed interest in the principle with the recent release of the new trick. I will not disparage or criticize the work of other creators. However, I will say that the principle on which all these tricks is based is wonderful, but I continue to be surprised by how limited the applications have been, and continue to be, for this remarkable mentalist's tool. In my own work on this principle, performed over the course of several years, I discovered many applications that go way beyond the "attached to the bottom" and "Performer touches the card" methods I've seen in the tricks published to date. Those discoveries were set forth in my three manuscripts, from which I hoped further extensions would develop.

As far as I am concerned, most of the applications in which the card the S writes on is handled or touched by the performer are headed in the wrong direction. (Almost all of the applications in my trilogy are "hands off"--the performer never touches the card written on.) As described for my Mind's Eye Pad, one of the many applications described in my manuscript, Thought Reader's Secret Weapon:

Quote:
To be clear, the Spectator never even writes on the pad (although she could).  She writes her thoughts down on a card or paper held in her own hands—and she doesn't use the pad as a backing to write on!  The Eye Pad is incredibly clean and very reliable. What users seem to appreciate the most is the fact that the Performer never touches the spectator's writing and the spectator's writing never goes into any wallet, envelope, pad, etc.—it is kept in the spectator’s personal space or possession at all times! Also, there are no switches of any kind, nor any sleight of hand involved!

[I've excluded a section in which I talk about the cardstock to be used.]

Thank you for allowing me to add to the discussion here. I hope I have been able to help or guide you as you delve deeper into this marvelous method.

Good luck!
CM

P.S. Before I get requests for the special card stock I manufactured years ago, please know that it is nearly gone. I had a few recent requests and have sent out most of my remaining "kits." (I'm still using whatever stock I currently have left!) Fortunately, my trilogy explains exactly the type of card stock that works best with the principle (and why) and how to go about fabricating your own business and index cards. (Business cards, 3" x 5" lined and unlined index cards, and even large 4" x 6" index cards were included in each of my kits.) Each of my manuscripts also contains helpful trouble-shooting information for those who've had difficulty working with this principle.

PP.S. Please send any inquiries to me at chrismattx@gmail.com.

Thank you!
CM
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
Chad Gill
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Chad Gill
I don't own the first one. That said, this is SO AMAZING. Ok I am being over excited about things. Let's see how it turns out after putting some milages on it.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Steam is brilliant, if Tony Corinda had got hold of this, his work would have been the 14 steps!
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Great thoughts Chris, thanks for posting here. I'm late to this principle - there's clearly been so much discussion about this over the years. I'm interested to investigate it further - time for some research!

Jon
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, Nicolino wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
If you don't like writing on the envelope, then don't. Figure out a routine that doesn't involve the envelope.

There you have it!
And that's the reason why Steam 2.0 does not deliver more than there was before.

I don't own Steam 1.0. Perhaps you are right. If the only difference is the envelope, then I agree, no point in purchasing 2.0.

All I know is that with or without the envelope, Steam 2.0 is awesome!

KJ
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, Nicolino wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
If you don't like writing on the envelope, then don't. Figure out a routine that doesn't involve the envelope.

There you have it!
And that's the reason why Steam 2.0 does not deliver more than there was before.

I don't own Steam 1.0. Perhaps you are right. If the only difference is the envelope, then I agree, no point in purchasing 2.0.

All I know is that with or without the envelope, Steam 2.0 is awesome!

KJ

If you have the original, I don't see why one would find a need to pick up 2.0. The supply of things you need could be easily fashioned up yourself as well as easily acquired. It's a great package for people whom do not have the original though.
ianmitchell
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ianmitchell
Received this yesterday and love it.
I didn't own 1.0 but did own The Ghost and the clarity of the image, for me, is so much clearer with this. The uses of this with the envelope are quite unlimited with the introduction of it very natural.
I'm thinking of having a photo of a hypnotist's eyes in my envelope and remove this to read the subjects mind whilst getting my peek.
You could have a photo of a TV, a Jukebox etc to have a reason to remove this depending on your choice of for the subject. This is what they'll concentrate on whilst getting your peek.
One downside though is the promise of 50 gaffed bills as a bonus. I ordered mine through Alakazam and didn't receive the bonus bills and phoned them. They promised to find out and phone me back the next day which, sadly, they didn't.
Anybody else receive or not receive their 50 bonus gaff bills?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
There are no gaff bills. if you watch the video they just apply it onto a bill
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
We have been having a great time using this around the shop - and personally I still recommend it to anyone, as the package includes something for everyone.

We still have these in stock with free shipping in the USA - $7.99 to $13.99 worldwide.

http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/paul......-nouira/
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
I'm interested to hear about how the bill is used as cover. I came up with my own handling using a dollar bill and steam principle.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, magicduro wrote:

I'm interested to hear about how the bill is used as cover.

STEAM 2.0 has a very good reason and logic for using the Bill as cover.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
J1MB0
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of J1MB0
Where in the UK can refills be purchased for Steam? Also is there larger
card and envelope material for to do a stage version?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Merchant of Magic plan to be stocking the refills in the UK, as soon as they are released. They will also post updates on their newsletter for Steam 2.0 as soon as an ETA is published.

Hope this helps

Dominic
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, J1MB0 wrote:
Where in the UK can refills be purchased for Steam? Also is there larger
card and envelope material for to do a stage version?

Just what I was thinking...Smile
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Merchant of Magic plan to be stocking the refills in the UK, as soon as they are released. They will also post updates on their newsletter for Steam 2.0 as soon as an ETA is published.

Hope this helps

Dominic

Dominic, also as well as the refill - are you going to stock the "special" pen too? I have googled for the same type- and can't believe the price!! -
petegrimaud
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of petegrimaud
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, goshawk wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Hope this helps

Dominic

Dominic, also as well as the refill - are you going to stock the "special" pen too? I have googled for the same type- and can't believe the price!! -

Have a look at the Bic 2000 permanent marker pen you can get pack of 10 for about £7.

Its bigger pen but personally don't find that a problem..

Hope that helps.
metaplayer
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of metaplayer
My spectators felt something was 'odd' when I took back the envelope to write on it. So, I use a card box now and have the 'business card' in with the playing cards. I can take out the cards and show the spec that there is a blank business card mixed in with them. I explain that it's been in the card box with the cards all night... and go on to talk about sympathetic magic....
I have them write the name of a playing card on the card, put it face down and they cover it with the card box. A little more talk about the 'sympathy' between the cards and the specs written 'target'... then I pick up the card box to get out my prediction.

This has been very effective and fooling. Only drawback to this little routine is to work well it has to be a playing card that you ask the spec to think of and write. Rather than just anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (141 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL