We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23~24~25 [Next]
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, petegrimaud wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, goshawk wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Merchant of Magic plan to be stocking the refills in the UK, as soon as they are released. They will also post updates on their newsletter for Steam 2.0 as soon as an ETA is published.

Hope this helps

Dominic

Dominic, also as well as the refill - are you going to stock the "special" pen too? I have googled for the same type- and can't believe the price!! -

Have a look at the Bic 2000 permanent marker pen you can get pack of 10 for about £7.

Its bigger pen but personally don't find that a problem..

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info Peter ;-)
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4000 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, metaplayer wrote:
My spectators felt something was 'odd' when I took back the envelope to write on it. So, I use a card box now and have the 'business card' in with the playing cards. I can take out the cards and show the spec that there is a blank business card mixed in with them. I explain that it's been in the card box with the cards all night... and go on to talk about sympathetic magic....
I have them write the name of a playing card on the card, put it face down and they cover it with the card box. A little more talk about the 'sympathy' between the cards and the specs written 'target'... then I pick up the card box to get out my prediction.

This has been very effective and fooling. Only drawback to this little routine is to work well it has to be a playing card that you ask the spec to think of and write. Rather than just anything.

If you want to use playing cards (why not?) you should get rid of things which are superfluous and draw attention where you don't want to have it. A business card has no reason (at least you do not explain any believable one!) to be between the playing cards.
Why don't you introduce a deck of cards to illustrate the 52 possibilities somebody can think of? Spread the cards, put them back in the box. Then you have introduced an ordinary thing. Let somebody think of any playing card that comes to his mind. Offer him to change his mental choice. Only then (and you will have and give a reason!) put your business card on the table... Ask him to write down the card he is thinking of... for later prove, so that he now can't change his mind anymore a. s. o. Put the case on the card... Repeat what happened, that he could have changed his mind...(time delay)... do whatever you want, but then take the box, withdraw the cards and remove one card, put it face down on the table, ask him which card he finally settled on (even do not talk about your business card anymore!), turn the card over - forget about the business card, he knows what he wrote, and if other people want to see it let them do whatever they like to do without becoming part of this part of the "game". Please take my advice or at least rethink what you were planing to do. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5590 Posts

Profile of videoman
Good advice as always Jan.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
That's exactly how I do it for 6 years now!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
We seem to have lost all today's posts
Chris
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
There was serious exposure
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2016, Karl M wrote:
There was serious exposure

Sorry I don't agree

Unless you know how steam works nothing is exposed

If anything you have made the situation worse by putting attention to the posts
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
The post exposing the method was deleted so you don't know what you're talking about mate. Even the poster asked for it to be deleted and everything ok
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Wow the plot thickens incredibly.

See the "Blackpool Theif" thread.

Crazy if true.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Can Steam 2.0 be used in conjunction with a Jerry O'Connell + wallet?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4244 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Can Steam 2.0 be used in conjunction with a Jerry O'Connell + wallet?

You can literally use it with anything that is opaque and acts as a surface.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1323 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Yes Karl. You put something over the top of it, nobody suspects a thing and the dirty work is done.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1702 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:
Yes Karl. You put something over the top of it, nobody suspects a thing and the dirty work is done.

Do you need to put a magazine, for example, on top of the wallet, or will it work in the normal manner, that is, according to convention?

As for the price - do we think it is overpriced? Or is it a steal?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
I'm dying at these jokes
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, Ross W wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, JoelDickinson wrote:

Do you need to put a magazine, for example, on top of the wallet, or will it work in the normal manner, that is, according to convention?

As for the price - do we think it is overpriced? Or is it a steal?

I heard it leaves an impression that isn't very impressive to other magicians
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
197 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
My favorite so far has been turning the fortune teller fish pack into the imp device and eliminating the need for the envelope.
Love the jokes but I think we should leave those in the other thread.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4244 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
All this apprehension towards the envelope, is it that magicians and hobbyists are the ones trying to use this mostly? Or are people really that truly terrible at figuring out how to present a routine?

How are people perfectly ok with doing wallet peeks where some people in the audience will clearly remember that you basically did handle the card/billet or even a CT. A CT is terrible if you can't justify taking back the billet to perform a CT in the first place. I mean, for goodness sakes, there's a ton of excellent writing on the topics of billet work and CTs, much of the writings goes into explaining how to justify your actions. If you make a big deal out of it, they will make a big deal out of it.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
There is no need for the Envelope. Just take a piece of the Gimmick Material and stick it (With repositional Glue) to the Palm of your hand and mime how the should put the hand on the Card. While you are showing them what to do, you get the Information and there is no suspicion.

Try it out, works like a Charm. Interesting, that this Method was not shown on the Download.

Have Fun and Enjoy Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
All this apprehension towards the envelope, is it that magicians and hobbyists are the ones trying to use this mostly? Or are people really that truly terrible at figuring out how to present a routine?

How are people perfectly ok with doing wallet peeks where some people in the audience will clearly remember that you basically did handle the card/billet or even a CT. A CT is terrible if you can't justify taking back the billet to perform a CT in the first place.

A wallet peak is quite different from taking back an envelope from someone. Although wallet peaks are a bit unnnatural, you are putting their card into what the audience think is a sealed wallet so it is all good in their mind but the justification for taking back the envelope is weak IMO
But each to their own
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
There is no need for the Envelope. Just take a piece of the Gimmick Material and stick it (With repositional Glue) to the Palm of your hand and mime how they should put the hand on the Card. While you are showing them what to do, you get the Information and there is no suspicion.

Try it out, works like a Charm. Interesting, that this Method was not shown on the Download.

Have Fun and Enjoy Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL