We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4244 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, lunatik wrote:
Kissdadookie, welcome back!

Yeah buddy.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, robd wrote:
If anyone has Weber's Seer wallet, the card can be kept in there and brought out for the spectator to write on, and then placed on top with the other paper in the peek position in the wallet. Then pick up the wallet to get out another card to write on, peek, put wallet away, duplicate, and you're done.

Reasonably close to the Blind Man's Wallet - which, by the way, I'm using with great success as a supplement to Steam...
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4406 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Can relate to what people are saying about the envelope and what they are thinking,just do not like this approach and just use a bank note or a card box and play a routine around those 2 item's,work's for me.
Paul Edmondson
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Paul Edmondson
Performed this today at two weddings and the reactions were outstanding. Used it in collaboration with my imagination. That's all you need. You have a miracle with you. Go ahead and make the most of it.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2016, Bro Gilbert wrote:
...We will also be updating the Steam 2.0 download area with some creative new handlings and approaches that have been submitted in the not to distant future...

Any time frame for this?
BillyBear
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BillyBear
Received Steam 2.0 yesterday and already am loving performing it to my mates - another great effect to add to my collection.

Billy
those2magicians.adam
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of those2magicians.adam
Hi all.

I have used a large number of peek devices and loved all of them. This is the first one I am not a fan of. Most magicians have bought a product based on the promo description and felt let down, and this has been my one.. the line in the video that says you can leave the room and "you will know that information" is extremely cheeky! You could apply the same logic to any effect before the 'peek move' has been carried out. I have followed all the instructions and still getting very weak images coming through. I bought this as a potential replacement to Psypher which is fantastic - purely on the idea of knowing that information without returning to the information written. Without giving this away, no you don't have to go back to the card, but you have to get extremely freekin close and in my opinion, in a more obvious way then some other peeks on the market. The principle itself is very clever how ever but I will happily send a video of me using this to the creators to see where I am going wrong with the weak images. Sorry for the negative post, for the record I am a big fan of products released through Paul Harris but I thought I would share this in case anybody else debates purchasing this, based on the above.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On May 29, 2016, those2magicians.adam wrote:
Hi all.

I have used a large number of peek devices and loved all of them. This is the first one I am not a fan of. Most magicians have bought a product based on the promo description and felt let down, and this has been my one.. the line in the video that says you can leave the room and "you will know that information" is extremely cheeky! You could apply the same logic to any effect before the 'peek move' has been carried out. I have followed all the instructions and still getting very weak images coming through. I bought this as a potential replacement to Psypher which is fantastic - purely on the idea of knowing that information without returning to the information written. Without giving this away, no you don't have to go back to the card, but you have to get extremely freekin close and in my opinion, in a more obvious way then some other peeks on the market. The principle itself is very clever how ever but I will happily send a video of me using this to the creators to see where I am going wrong with the weak images. Sorry for the negative post, for the record I am a big fan of products released through Paul Harris but I thought I would share this in case anybody else debates purchasing this, based on the above.

Honestly you must be doing something wrong,or something you are using is not working correctly. The impressions I get are unmistakable.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
917 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Sorry if this has been answered, roughly how long does it take the impression to "set"?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 29, 2016, rowland wrote:

Honestly you must be doing something wrong,or something you are using is not working correctly. The impressions I get are unmistakable.

Mine as well - particularly with the materials which came with the 'kit.' I also have, and love, The Blindman's Wallet, but honestly, Steam is so good that it has pretty much replaced that....
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 31, 2016, scott0819 wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered, roughly how long does it take the impression to "set"?

Haven't timed it, but I'd say no more than ten or fifteen seconds.
those2magicians.adam
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of those2magicians.adam
Thanks for the response. Are you guys performing as per the routines? As in mainly using the envelope? Maybe I haven't worn in my pen enough or putting too much glue on which is hindering it or something..?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, those2magicians.adam wrote:
Thanks for the response. Are you guys performing as per the routines? As in mainly using the envelope? Maybe I haven't worn in my pen enough or putting too much glue on which is hindering it or something..?

I've tried most of the routines, but use the 'bill wager' most often. As to the pen, I ordered extras from Amazon, and all of them seem to work great right out of the box.
vanishintoair
View Profile
New user
Farmington Maine
2 Posts

Profile of vanishintoair
I usually don't combine mentalism with my magic, however the pure organic nature of "Steam" which leaves spectators speechless fits in very well. As you know, it's self-working so the entire effect depends upon your presentation and why you're doing it in the first place. I carry the effect in one of those plastic wallets used for packet tricks. On one side of the wallet is the paper and on the other side is the envelope with a blank face bicycle card in it; I put the wallet and pen in my pocket and I'm ready to perform a miracle.
I laughing introduce the effect by saying that when people hear I'm a magician they think I can read their minds as they make that assumption because I know what card they selected, etc. I engage them a bit with this and then tell them that I can't read minds however I am very sensitive to numbers. I pull out the wallet and offer to demonstrate what I mean. I hand them the paper and show them the envelope saying it holds a playing card. I ask them to think of a number between 1 and 1000 and ask them to write it on the paper while I turn away. I ask them when they're done and tell them I don't want to see anything so please turn the paper face down- when I turn around I again tell them I don't want to see anything so I put the envelope on the paper and further ask them to put their hand over the envelope.
I them tell them I am going to put my hand on theirs for a moment and when I do so I want them to concentrate on the number.
After a second or two I look at them and remove my hand saying please hand me the envelope. A bit ballses but so far no one has ever turned the envelope over to hand it to me- that's not the way you would hand someone an envelope. I hold the envelope up saying in it there's a playing card and I remove the card, put down the envelope, and turn the card around showing that it has a blank face. I take the pen and tell them I am going to write a number down. As I write each number I'll look at them and smile. I then put the playing card face down next to their paper and ask them to turn the paper over and read the number they've chosen; then I tell them that I'm committed to the number that I wrote down and ask them to turn the playing card over and read my number. Their jaw drops- the numbers are the same.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
I pretty much exclusively use the picture routine. For me, the power is in the justification of everything...
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Supersmooth_ Magic
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2016, Titanas wrote:
This looks so good!!!
One of the best mentalist's secrets just got perfect.
Everything from the items used, choreography, routining is totally justified in this version.
I predict that this will be an instant classic and the most organic way to achieve drawing duplications and mind reading effects.

See trailer and all the details here:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55146

Best regards,
Titanas

Great effect! - I may buy this!! to add to the mentalism I do - which isn't a lot. But was there an edit around 04:15?

Just after watching and purchasing sands mind effects, I have come to the conclusion that a good 95% of their trailers are over hyped, been cut out to look 'impossible dream effects' or are misleading!

So I am a little more cautious of what I buy.

Can they their pen or do they have to use the sharpie and card you hand them!?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5590 Posts

Profile of videoman
Supersmooth, I love this method but you won't like it.
You obviously haven't read many pages in this thread.
You use your pen and card but at least there is no clean up required.
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
70 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I like this trick. Used the envelope routine a dozen times now and no one ever questions it. I carry this with me and use it a lot. No one has had a clue how it's done.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
MartinCohen84
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
3 Posts

Profile of MartinCohen84
Hi all. This is my first post. I've got lots of great information from the Café over the years so I thought It was time I contributed.
Firstly I love Steam 2.0, the money version. You can usually count on the Paul Harris presents label to be solid products.

Quick tip. I ran out of the card stock supplied and didn't have time to order the refills but found an acceptable substitute.
I used an Artists Watercolour Pad, acid free 300 GSM. Approx AUD$15 each. It came in 12 large A3 sheets at my local office supply store in Sydney.
Any similar brand with the same specs should work, just check it in store with the Steam gimmick.
This paper doesn't give as BOLD an imp*****on. I will still buy the proper Steam 2.0 refills, however it definitely does the job when you're in a pinch.

I also paid $20 to have them cut the two watercolour pads down to my preferred size of roughly half a business card.
Now I have about 1500 half cards separated into 120 little pads of 12 cards each. Very convenient to carry and each pad is protected by the front and back cover of the watercolour pad.
I plan on using these mainly for practice and testing out ideas and save the Steam 2.0 refills for actual performances.

Here's a link to a photo of the finished cards. http://bit.ly/298cHal
I hope this is helpful.

Cheers
Martin.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Thanks for the information about the temporary card stock , I think one of my shop in my area carries it , lucky enough that I can get some practice refills at a walking distance away .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL