The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Never There by Morgan Strebler and SansMinds (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
728 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, Ray Pierce wrote:
OK, so I TOFTT and yes, It's mostly what everyone has already suspected. I'm a big fan of Morgans's from his previous work but this is (although clever) about what most have already thought. Yes, he has some wonderful subtlety with handling the iPhone, yes it might fool some, but this is about what everyone has thought. Can it fool people? Possibly. I'm not opposed to simple/bold methods. Is it worth it? Not for me but maybe for some. I think it can be sold and be a fooler, but not as clever as it should be.

Well, TOFTT +1, and I don't know quite what to say. On the one hand, yes, it IS mostly what everyone suspected. But, as everyone also concluded before the effect was released, there really is (absent the use of a special app) only one way this COULD be done. So, the value of the DVD is in the subtleties that Morgan teaches. Will I use it? Can't say. But I WILL fiddle with it and see how it plays with the wifey...
Michael Mindreader
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael Mindreader
I got the digital download after some folks posted their reviews here. I am glad I did! The real secret is making this work for real people. I nailed it the first time with my wife. She has no clue. My go-to impromptu effect has been Sinful. Now this goes into the set too.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Is something like too good to be true effect. Selll for only $20.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
My favorite part of the Café is when all the people talking **** conveniently disappear when the products they're dumping on without any actual first hand knowledge turn out not to be crap. Happens every time. Come back and say something now.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
My favorite part of the Café is when all the people talking **** conveniently disappear when the products they're dumping on without any actual first hand knowledge turn out not to be crap. Happens every time. Come back and say something now.

I don't recall anyone saying it was ****, just that the sandsmind demo showed a totally unrealistic vision of what the trick actually achieves, most folk guessed the method,which is totally different to the advertised effect, and just because a few people claim they like it, does not mean anything TBH.
it is clear that you don't vanish from the pic, but due the routine it is possible that your spec might be impressed, but then again they might not...like someone said, this idea would of been a give away in a magic mag years ago, $20 is very steep for what it actually is.
but hey its your money..
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Quote:

I don't recall anyone saying it was ****, just that the sandsmind demo showed a totally unrealistic vision of what the trick actually achieves, most folk guessed the method,which is totally different to the advertised effect, and just because a few people claim they like it, does not mean anything TBH.
it is clear that you don't vanish from the pic, but due the routine it is possible that your spec might be impressed, but then again they might not...like someone said, this idea would of been a give away in a magic mag years ago, $20 is very steep for what it actually is.
but hey its your money..

I think catweazle is correct the fact is Sansminds have been pulled up more than once for the misleading Demo's

They will lie and cheat just to sell the product

but don't take my word for it have a look at this

http://magicreviewed.com/reviews/taiwanb......-review/

He Final assesment was
" I cannot tolerate companies trying to bilk you of your hard earned cash. This is unethical and fraudulent in my opinion."

This is not an one off but time and Time Again !

anyone in Magic that want's to be associated with them,

does them self no favours as people just don't trust anything with the Sansmind name on the Box !
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
I bought it and found it worth the money. The demo is quite spot on in terms of showing the effect the spectators would see. What they are not including in the trailer, is the detail bit that made the trick work for people. Could it be an give away idea? it could, like all other magic products. For $20, you learn the techniques, tips, and details from Morgan Strebler. It's pretty solid.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
Quote:

but hey its your money..

There were a load of people who said it was going to be the worst trick or near worst trick ever.

Maybe people's opinions who've actually bought a product aren't important to you, but they're important to me and to anyone with some common sense. Much more than those who haven't bought it and talk nonsense about what they think they know.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

but hey its your money..

There were a load of people who said it was going to be the worst trick or near worst trick ever.

Maybe people's opinions who've actually bought a product aren't important to you, but they're important to me and to anyone with some common sense. Much more than those who haven't bought it and talk nonsense about what they think they know.

er..no, no one talked nonsense, you are confusing talk about the demo, with talk about the actual effect, as you are aware this board discuss possible methods, and we were right, we were also right that the demo is blatantly false (in parts)
like I said, its your money, and your common sense, enjoy Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
How is the demo misleading in the slightest? They even chose to show the before and after pick that look different! They could have easily edited the pictures to look identical...
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I said it earlier the method is really in the details and subtleties. I feel the demo was portrayed exactly as the spectator experiences it live. I love this effect and do it ALL the time to great reactions.

Morgan x

Thanks for the positive thoughts on the effect guys!
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, PatrickGregoire wrote:
How is the demo misleading in the slightest? They even chose to show the before and after pick that look different! They could have easily edited the pictures to look identical...

fair point, that is why I said in parts, the point I am making is that the demo also shows (what is clear to some) a representation of presumably what the spec is supposed to think happened,that the magi vanishes from the pic, even with an arm around them, in the demo that image is 'photoshopped' as it would be impossible to achieve with the method for sale.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Btw, if you read the posts, no one here is saying anything bad about morgan Smile

good luck with it.
Nige
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Nige
I think the method here was pretty obvious from the start; but I was interested to know how it could be worked with any borrowed smart phone

[Quote from the box: "Perform with any smartphone"]

It can't be performed with my HTC from the screen lock so it can't be performed with ANY borrowed smartphone!

Also the volume on my HTC can't be increased or decreased without it making noise, which would indicate my tampering with the phone
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I mean no offence but this release feels like its vaguely doable but back in the day wouldve been part of a multi trick dvd or lecture. One trick dvds used to be real hard hitters but now almost anything is sold as a one trick dvd. I don't own it and I'm sure subtleties and detail are useful but relatively speaking $20 for one trick is expensive when I consider what I'd get for the same. Liquid metal is only $30 and there is a great example of a routine that deserves its own dvd. Its not personal I just think companies like sans minds are taking the mickey a little bit with these releases.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Yes, I agree that's a very valid point. Quite a few of Sansminds releases feel that they aren't really standalone products to me or worth the price. It's generally not that they're not quality effects, I've rarely bought a ****ty trick from them but quite a few are a lot of dough for receiving a little. Something Out of the Ordinary by NLawrence was an example where they did a good value release with multiple effects. It's one of their best value and best quality releases.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
243 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
I've got it and the method is pretty much what you would guess it would have to be. Yes Morgan has some subtleties that cover up the necessary moves but the main one seems to be acting dumb about how their phone works to cover what you are having to do with their phone.

As an iPhone user myself I would probably only ever do this with another iPhone user as I don't have much knowledge of the necessary controls on other phones. Someone mentioned their HTC phone earlier in this thread. I genuinely wouldn't have a clue if I picked up someone's HTC. But I use my own iPhone for a lot of stuff, iunlockyourfmind and teleFoto for example. So I can hardly pretend to be dumb about how an iPhone works and then pull out my iPhone 6 and perform something with it.

So for me - its hard to think of a scenario where I'm going to be using this in isolation.
Nige
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Nige
Having watched the dvd I would only attempt this with an iPhone, even though I accept it may be possible with others if you have the necessary knowledge

However, it doesn't sit well with me that this is described as performable with any borrowed smart phone when it isn't. Had this been clear I would have saved my money!
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1294 Posts

Profile of barts185
So can this be done only for people that have no clue how their cloud backup and deleted picture folders work? Or does the handling actually include reasonable handling for going into the cloud and deleting the second image from there as well as from their deleted pictures folder?
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, ssucahyo wrote:
Is something like too good to be true effect. Selll for only $20.

In general, if you use this as your baseline to judge if something is good or not then you are in the wrong business and don't understand this art.
I have many gems in my arsenal that cost less then a dollar.

It is you as a performer that makes something out of an effect, not the effect itself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Never There by Morgan Strebler and SansMinds (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL