The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Never There by Morgan Strebler and SansMinds (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
Would it be churlish of me to point out that the pictures of the young Asian girl (before and after) are two totally different pics.

Spec is unlikely to notice anything different but there's probably got to be some real hands on from the magician to ditch the unwanted photo.

Not keen on this.

On the iPhone is if 2 photos are taken and it's not cropped then the other issue is the recently deleted folder to worry about
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4064 Posts

Profile of videoman
If this were to turn out to be simply cropping the photo I can't imagine how this wouldn't be voted worst trick of the year.
Even if you could secretly do the dirty work, it would be totally obvious in 99.9% of the cases.
Morgan comes up with some good stuff so I have to believe it's something more than that.
The one good thing is this is $20 instead of $40, but if it's cr*p then that's still a big waste of money.
I'm genuinely rooting for this to GREAT!!! But we'll know soon enough I guess. My hopes are NOT very high.
I would love to have a killer phone camera effect. All of those that I know of have not been anyhting I would use.
Very curious to see if this one is any different.

Rainbow actually looks like it could be usable and could possibly be used in conjunction with this effect if Never There turns out to surprisingly good.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2454 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Another silly advertisement with special effects, audience reactions and cuts.

You have to suspect that the magic effect is never as good in real life if the advertisement can't post a real (uncut) performance OR provide a video of the performer from the audiences point of view.
If the seller wants hype and glitzy videos, that is fine...But, include an unedited performance as if you went to a brick and mortar magic store and saw the effect demoed live.
Long Island,

New York
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 13
Waiting for a few reviews ... looks awesome
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7231 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Half the price of DOA. Don't expect much.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1294 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
Would it be churlish of me to point out that the pictures of the young Asian girl (before and after) are two totally different pics.

Yes, yes it would.

Click here to view attached image.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
732 Posts

Profile of roblane
But true, none the less. I'll wait for reviews too...........
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7231 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And Morgan's left arm is still in the image. Smile
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Well, looks pretty straightforward... a bit too much. Click-click. The real trick being how to delete the first pic.
Waiting for reviews too though
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Crappy effect just to make money... Sad business! When you know the method, you will be disappointed!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, doriancaudal wrote:
Crappy effect just to make money... Sad business! When you know the method, you will be disappointed!

In general that is for most effects.
Most of the times you are disappointed because the methode is so simple and you think why didn't I came up with it.
Just take yourself back to the moment before you knew the methode and you where amazed about how this effect could be, if it fooled you it probably will fool others.
That is what it is all about!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, barts185 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, yes it would.

In the comparison photos the girl is smiling in the one pic but not in the other one - please don't tell me this is supposed to be the effect of apparently the same photo, but now performer magically removed when clearly this is not the same pic but two seperate ones clearly taken.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1734 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, Marc O wrote:
Quote:

Most of the times you are disappointed because the methode is so simple and you think why didn't I came up with it.
Just take yourself back to the moment before you knew the methode and you where amazed about how this effect could be, if it fooled you it probably will fool others.

Most Sansminds effects are very disappointing

I guess the dealers will have to work hard at Blackpool to shift this DVD !
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, Marc O wrote:
Quote:

That is true in a lot of cases but if you have to take a second photo sight unseen, and it has been left out of the trailer, then I can see why the method might disappoint.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
190 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
The fact that photo could have cherry-picked for the clip and we see the rather obvious before and after (that Bart kindly posted above) makes this look pretty transparent. I hope I'll be proven wrong.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, WolfgangStiller wrote:
The fact that photo could have cherry-picked for the clip and we see the rather obvious before and after (that Bart kindly posted above) makes this look pretty transparent. I hope I'll be proven wrong.

To be honest I think your going to be right unfortunately. As there is no gimmick etc involved then I too have a horrible feeling that's what happens and you would be paying for this idea and nothing that clever thatcwecarexall hoping for. But that's an awful comparison for the pics above which like people are saying clearly makes this transparent to how this is done.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
"But before the spectator wants to post it on any social media platforms, you erase yourself from the photo"

I don;t honestly understand why you would want to do this? Surely it's better for your social media presence to be in the photograph anyway?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4443 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, yes it would.

In the comparison photos the girl is smiling in the one pic but not in the other one - please don't tell me this is supposed to be the effect of apparently the same photo, but now performer magically removed when clearly this is not the same pic but two seperate ones clearly taken.

Most Magicians hate to be fooled, so we try and figure out how any trick is done so we aren't fooled, it's within our nature. So when I was watching the demo and reading about the effect, the first thing I did was come up with how I would do it, whether my brain wanted to or not, that's what I did. Sadly in my method, that's exactly the issue... both photots couldn't guarantee the same pose so it would be obvious
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, Christopher Williams wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, yes it would.

Most Magicians hate to be fooled, so we try and figure out how any trick is done so we aren't fooled, it's within our nature. So when I was watching the demo and reading about the effect, the first thing I did was come up with how I would do it, whether my brain wanted to or not, that's what I did. Sadly in my method, that's exactly the issue... both photots couldn't guarantee the same pose so it would be obvious

To be honest I think most magicians now a days think... I wonder how this is cleverly edited and I wonder how this is totally misleading to what the effect is and what we would actually buy. This is purely down to the fact of soooo many effects now being misleading and not a true representation to what it actually from what is put out on a demo/trailer that what we buy with our hard earned money. So our hard is now unfortunately always up or at least 99% of the time. Further more when we see Sansmind then the guard is up before the trailer even begins.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
These video's that are being produced seem to show an altered reality, a dream of what the creator wants the trick to look like, as opposed to what it actually looks like. a bit like an advert for kids toys, the best demo vid put out recently is 'Bill to Marker by Nick Einhorn', WE get to see the reality, and guess what. it looks great, we can see how it plays out in real life, and many workers will buy it.
the demo for 'never there' shows a different reality, and should in reality be called 'cropped out', not 'never there', unless the gimmick is a super special PK ring with photoshop installed on it that you can use in an instant to edit 2 photo's to produce the intended end effect, all on the borrowed phone, without a tripod and all while the spec is misdirected by looking up at the sky ...or something Smile
what we know...
its a borrowed phone, and no apps are used, magicians can't really do magic, and without software editing the intended effect simply can not be achieved, this is a fact, unless magic is real...if it was real, proper magicians like nick einhorn wouldn't need sleight of hand to perform miracles, and the sansmind demo shows a miracle, which is impossible..

re-al-i-ty...it sucks, but that is what we have to live with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Never There by Morgan Strebler and SansMinds (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL