The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for head out by steve duscheck. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MightyManny
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MightyManny
Anyone have head out by steve duscheck for sale?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Manny, until you get to 50 legitimate posts here, you'll need to check out the secondary markets - auction sites, etc...

I actually saw this recently at auction online. It will probably be awhile before it comes up again, but keep checking. Once you get to 50 posts, you can use the Café's buy/sell section.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MightyManny
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MightyManny
Thanks Chessmann! Anything helps! I am new to this and appreciate any help I get. Does replying to post count? Or do I have to make posts?
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
Manny,
I have no idea how the effect works but if you are just looking for the half dollar part of the trick anyone that makes coin jewelry could make you one of these. I googled it and found an etsy dealer who does coin jewelry. I would assume that they would need two coins as the pilot hole would ruin the other part of the coin. If there is something special about the english penny then you could have that made too. Good luck!
MightyManny
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MightyManny
Thank you Harry! I will look into that.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
314 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I'll PM you.
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Would anyone happen to have the instructions for this effect (and be willing to share them with me)?
I have the coins that I purchased in a magic lot.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1941 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, Obviously wrote:
Would anyone happen to have the instructions for this effect (and be willing to share them with me)?
I have the coins that I purchased in a magic lot.

PM'd you
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22041 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Heads Out is what I call rare. I worked in a magic shop and could not keep this trick in stock. Every demo was sale. We did not order many at a time, but when I sold out, and tried to reorder, Steve Dusheck had stopped production. His father made them. So I did not get the chance to keep one for myself.

Effect, the coin is held between the thumb and 1st and 2nd fingers. The other hand passed in front of the half dollar, and coin changes to an English penny. This change can be done as many times as you like.

Then the index finger is pressed against Kennedy's head and the finger removed, with coin on the index finger. Remove the coin and Kennedy's head is gone, leaving a cutout image in the coin. The other hand that previously held the coin, not drops the cut out of Kennedy next to the half dollar, the spectator can place the cut out into the coin showing it is an exact fit.

This was a great trick, and never understood why none of the coin makers high jacked it like all the other Dusheck items High Jacked. Of course back then it was inexpensive at only $10. Most coin makers could not produce at that 1970's price.

Still it is a simple - quick - and easy effect that can easily be carried in the pocket, and spectator's seem to like it.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
MightyManny
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MightyManny
Thanks for all your responses. Bill snowpuppy got a hold of Steve and said the reason he stopped making them is because of people stealing his idea. Smile
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Heads Out is what I call rare. I worked in a magic shop and could not keep this trick in stock. Every demo was sale. We did not order many at a time, but when I sold out, and tried to reorder, Steve Dusheck had stopped production. His father made them. So I did not get the chance to keep one for myself.

Effect, the coin is held between the thumb and 1st and 2nd fingers. The other hand passed in front of the half dollar, and coin changes to an English penny. This change can be done as many times as you like.

Then the index finger is pressed against Kennedy's head and the finger removed, with coin on the index finger. Remove the coin and Kennedy's head is gone, leaving a cutout image in the coin. The other hand that previously held the coin, not drops the cut out of Kennedy next to the half dollar, the spectator can place the cut out into the coin showing it is an exact fit.

This was a great trick, and never understood why none of the coin makers high jacked it like all the other Dusheck items High Jacked. Of course back then it was inexpensive at only $10. Most coin makers could not produce at that 1970's price.

Still it is a simple - quick - and easy effect that can easily be carried in the pocket, and spectator's seem to like it.

I actually have a different version of the effect. I assume that this was a different set of instructions from when sterling was producing the effect. In mine it was similiar but instead of holding the coin at the tips of the fingers it is flat on the palm. The hand is closed and opened several times effecting the color change. The coin is taken at the fingertips and the performer blows on the half and the head vanishes from the coin.
The spectator sees what he thinks is the solution as there is a tiny bit of silver exposed between the other hands fingers. The spectator calls attention to this as a potential solution. The magi says "oh that is a head but that has nothing to do with the trick...."
The contents of this hand is shown to be a jumbo cut out head.
It is a great variation of the effect and though a "sucker" type routine it always plays well.

_
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, MightyManny wrote:
Thanks for all your responses. Bill snowpuppy got a hold of Steve...

Who is Bill Snowpuppy? Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MightyManny
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MightyManny
😅 lol nice ^^^chessmann
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22041 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Who sent me a PM for this effect. I found the instructions.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for head out by steve duscheck. (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL