The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fred's Mental Miracle (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Does anyone have anything to say about Fred's Mental Miracle please? Does read extremely tempting.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Why don't you provide a link and then you may get some feedback.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, Philippe wrote:
Does anyone have anything to say about Fred's Mental Miracle please? Does read extremely tempting.

No never heard of it
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
How on earth do you do that Sean?
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Http://www.prestomagicstudio.com/product......id=14465

No video demo. Just a description.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
I'm not familiar with this product but it appears you could accomplish it using the methodology of Scott Guinn's clever download "CALLING CARDS" available for $10 at Lybrary.com. To be fair, "Fred's Mental Miracle" may have advantages I'm not aware of.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Fred's Mental Miracle is reviewed in the March 2016 Magic Magazine on page 76 .

Pretty good review !

"...this is a tremendous effect that has been well thought out and quite beautifully ..."

And ALSO reviewed here :

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/4874 :

"...The routine, itself, is really where you get your value. As I said, every little detail has been worked out. There are no moves or anything to remember. In fact, the only time you ever touch the cards is to hand out the decks and transfer cards from one wine glass to another (in full view and under complete direction of an audience member). It really is self-working!..."

And it will fool you… badly.

EFFECT:

Retail Price: $70.00

A red and blue deck are shown and a spectator is asked to choose one, the other (let’s say the blue deck) is given to another individual to hold. The cards (let’s say the red ones) are removed from the box and placed face outward into the glass on the left. The cards are removed from the glass one by one and placed into the glass on the right. The performer asks the spectator to stop him whenever he pleases. When the spectator calls Stop, the card is placed into the glass in the middle. The second spectator is asked to remove the deck they are holding from its case. They deal the cards face up and count them until they reach the selected card. There are only 51 cards and the selection is not among them. The glasses on the end are turned to show red backs. The center glass is turned to show the card to be the blue backed card missing from the other deck!

This is a clean, no-sleight Brainwave effect (a stranger card) for parlor or stage that has a VERY strong ending and answers the question in the audience’s mind, “Where did that other card come from?” It is performed under strict test conditions, uses ungimmicked cards, and is incredibly easy to do.

* Spectators have free choices

* No switches

* No sleights

* No stooges

* No gimmicked cards

* No rough and smooth

* No mirror glasses

* Sets up in seconds

* Plays for 10 people or 100

* Easy to do - If you can pick up a single card you can do Fred’s Mental Miracle!

Click here to view attached image.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Thank you so much everyone, that gives me several directions in which to explore. I do appreciate your trouble.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
This effect sounds really nice...anyone have it and how would you rate it?
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
For those asking I have Fred's Mental Miracle but haven't performed it yet. I have seen it performed close up, parlor and platform in the past six months.

Fred's Mental Miracle is better suited for a larger crowd but have seen it work across the dining table. It plays in a living room/parlor and have seen it performed at a community clubhouse stage/platform for 50+ people.

Because this piece has been so well thought out you can literally perform this just following the well written instructions included with your purchase. However since it IS so well thought out you should spend your time thinking about how you want to present this gem.

Since you have two spectators and some brief procedure involved the effect provides you with plenty of opportunity to build a strong presentation or several types of presentations depending on the gig, venue and audience. I can easily see a professional performer or even a well seasoned semi-pro getting 7-8 minutes out of this without any lagging.

A bonus on this are the acrylic wine glasses which are included. They break down so the stem and base store snuggly into the bowl of the glass and it locks in place. All three glasses plus the decks can fit into a medium sized men's bathroom travel kit to give you some perspective on size when broken down. Nice since this can easily play a big room.

In additional the instructions also includes all you need to assemble the decks yourself if you decide to change the type of cards you use.

Finally you get to deal with Barry Schor whom I've known for ten years. He is supremely knowledgeable and has been in the business 'forever' so if he doesn't know the answer to a question he knows to to ask.

But he usually knows the answer.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
Michael Mindreader
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael Mindreader
I rarely make a purchase without video demo. Anyway we can see how it plays in action?
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
It took about a year - someone bought it? Please share your thoughts! Thank you! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Kind of late to chime in here, but this is a reputation maker. A magician friend of mine saw me perform it last week in a parlor show and was blown away. He wants to purchase it badly. Seems to be out off stock in most places. You don't need a video for this trick. It is mind blowing and so simple that a 10 year old can do it. No slights or special equipment required.

Arthur
Powell
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Powell
I saw my friend, Artie Martello, perform this last week, and it sure is a reputation maker. It floored me. It was all I could think about for days. One of the best parlor tricks I've ever seen.
"A card is not a brick."
- Dai Vernon
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is this trick even available anymore?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fred's Mental Miracle (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL