The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Tom Mullica in Hospital (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of snushy
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but just saw this on Facebook, posted by Richard Kaufman...

"Just got off the phone with Steve Mullica, Tom's husband. Here's the story. Tom went into the hospital for a minor hernia operation which apparently was botched. Blood clots formed and he had multiple strokes, organ failure, and he's now in the hospital in an induced coma. It doesn't look like he will be coming home. Please send good thoughts his way."
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
I hope he recovers! He is a great guy. Good thoughts sent
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Very sorry to hear this. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend some time with him on a couple of occasions, just a super person to be around. I don't even know what to say.

Robert
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Horrible news... prayers are with him and his family.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Man, that is sad news.
Played pool with Tom a couple times when he owned a pool hall in Vegas, also saw him lecture a few times.
I regret never having had an opportunity to him at the Tomfoolery.
Truly a great magician and an even better person.
Hope he fools everyone again and makes a complete recovery.
Bill
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hope he recovers.

He is a true great of magic & has been through so much already.

Mike Donoghue
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
My Good thoughts for Tom. He's one of the Best Comedy Magicians I've ever seen.
One of my first Video teaching Cassettes was Tom Mullica's.

I really Hope, Tom will be recovering fast.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Wow, that is terrible news. He was the funniest magician I have ever witnessed live. When he walked in the room he just radiated 'funny'. I really hope he gets through this OK.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled.

Thoughts are with his loved ones right now.

Lots of love my magical brother.
Derek Johnston
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Tom's cigarette eating routine has to be one of the most original and iconic routines anyone has ever dreampt up Have never watched the explanation on his DVD set, because it's just too good to reduce to a method. And it seems to fit his personality to a T. This now is horrible news. Best wishes for a speedy and lasting recovery.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I just saw him on Burn Unit talking about how he was beating cancer. This is too bad. Great guy, great magician.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
This is sad news. Pray and hope Tom makes it through.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I used to go to the foolery a couple times a month. I lived about 3 hours away and learned more about performing from Tom than any trick or video. Tom was simply the best bar magician on the planet. Wish you well

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
This is sad news indeed. I remember seeing Tom perform and lecture back in the early 90's at NYC's Mostly Magic restaurant. It was the greatest lecture I've ever attended. Tom made me laugh so hard, for those few moments I felt like a kid again. Here's to wishing him a speedy recovery!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
This is terrible.

I wish him the best and hope he wakes up and makes a fully recovery.

-Alex
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I spoke with him last year at the Nemcon convention in Connecticut about his Mullica wallet . I just performed a gig & told him how excited I was about using his wallet at the gig . He was demonstrating his new wallet . I got a photo with him he is a a very humble guy & was very nice to me & my fiancé . I wish him a very speedy recovery !
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Very sad news. Just watched him on letterman again. My thoughts go out to his family and his husband.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Many well wishes, along with thoughts and prayers. He's one of my favorite performers. Wish you well Tom!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I remember well watching Tom at a Midnight Madness event during a World Magic Summit back in Washington DC. Laughed so hard it hurt the next day.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
So sad to hear this. I consider him to be one of the funniest people alive! My prayers are with him!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Tom Mullica in Hospital (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL