The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1960 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Nick is one of my favourite magician.
His ability to produce and create commercial magic for the real world is amazing.
I could never imagine that his Nest of wallets could be improved until now!

More info here:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=56734

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
156 Posts

Profile of chuds
I wonder if Nick will have these with him at Blackpool?

Ian.
Chuds
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8265 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So do Mk 1 owners get a free upgrade?
Ramius
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, OK
78 Posts

Profile of Ramius
Are you serious? Why would you get a free anything?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
Is there any reason to get the newer set if I own a set which has been broken in?
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2016, pegasus wrote:
So do Mk 1 owners get a free upgrade?

you are as likely / entitled to a free upgrade as apple iphone users are to get a free upgrade from 6s to 7 when it comes out. In laymen's terms; of course not!
VMagical
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of VMagical
I still use mine. I don't see any reason to get these new ones. I love mine!
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
World of magic Priced at £85.98 (Free Delivery Throughout the U.K.)- I was thinking of buying a set at Blackpool till I saw the price.
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
183 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Hi guys. I have the super soft at Blackpool and for the duration of the convention they are the same price as the original wallets.
£40 Not sure why they would be £80+. Will look into this next week.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4675 Posts

Profile of videoman
They're selling online at US dealers for about $65.00. That's WAY less than £85. Maybe that was typo.

As far as upgrading, I don't believe Nick is primarily targeting the soft wallets to owners of the previous wallets. It's not really a version 2.0 as many are calling it, at least as far as I can tell. It will be interesting to see if the original wallets continue to be sold after current stock runs out.
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
I agree with the comments above. This will most likely be purchased by customers without the original. Some existing customers will purchase (those who love the concept but aren't quite happy with the orginal), but I'd imagine most will be happy with what they've got.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2016, videoman wrote:
They're selling online at US dealers for about $65.00. That's WAY less than £85. Maybe that was typo.

As far as upgrading, I don't believe Nick is primarily targeting the soft wallets to owners of the previous wallets. It's not really a version 2.0 as many are calling it, at least as far as I can tell. It will be interesting to see if the original wallets continue to be sold after current stock runs out.

Its not a typo on my part - go and have a look on the site - world of magic.
Will pick 1 up from nick at Blackpool for £40.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Rob.m wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2016, videoman wrote:

Its not a typo on my part - go and have a look on the site - world of magic.
Will pick 1 up from nick at Blackpool for £40.

Check the site !!! They are £85-00
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3879 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've had my original set since they came out and absolutely love them. Really does get killer reactions. I've never really had a problem opening them except on really dry days when the leather gets a little slippery. I picked up a set of the new ones from Penguin and will let you know how they are.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8265 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can you purchase new silks? Mine is buggered beyond repair.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Tip nick gave me today to buy some cloth scissors, zig zag ones and cut your own cloth.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4675 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Tip nick gave me today to buy some cloth scissors, zig zag ones and cut your own cloth.

The scissors are called Pinking Shears if you need to search for them.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3879 Posts

Profile of emyers99
As great as the wallets are, the cloth is what makes this one a miracle.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4675 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
As great as the wallets are, the cloth is what makes this one a miracle.

Eric, have you ever tried the bonsall envelopes with the wallets?
I always thought I might give them a try but never did.
But I always like effects where you just hand the spec a completely sealed package they can open it themselves.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3879 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I did a few times. I thought the same thing but reactions were nowhere near as good. It's funny. People absolutely go nuts for the wallets, but a comment I often here is something to the effect of, "I can sort of see how you could get it into the wallets but I have no idea how you could get it into the folded cloth." So there's something about the folded aspect of the cloth that elevates the impossibility in people's minds. And I'll be honest - I had the same reaction the first time I saw it done. The cloth is what sold me.

Another plus is that reset with the cloth is instant and can be done while putting the wallets back together. So I like that aspect. But I know people have had success with the envelopes. So it's just a personal preference thing I guess.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL