The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
4ofclubs
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of 4ofclubs
Eric,:

I have a set of the original wallets and love them. How does this newer version of the softer leather compare to the original? Wondering if it's worth getting the newer ones. Thanks for any input.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3882 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I should have them next week. I'm assuming the leather will be similar to the awesome soft leather that Tony Miller uses in most of his killer wallets.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Where would one be able to purchase the Bonsall envelopes??
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Great Eric thanks - also Pegasus here you go... www.propdog.co.uk
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Great Eric thanks - also Pegasus here you go... www.propdog.co.uk

Thank you. Is there any trimming involved? Just read the description and it doesn't state very clearly if they are a perfect fit, or not.
david abel
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of david abel
I use them all the time with envelopes and they fit perfectly. No modifications needed.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Tip nick gave me today to buy some cloth scissors, zig zag ones and cut your own cloth.

Pinking shears and a microfiber lens cleaning cloth should do the trick ; )
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4677 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, david abel wrote:
I use them all the time with envelopes and they fit perfectly. No modifications needed.

I believe the envelopes are made for the wallets so they should fit fine.
I would get the red ones vs. black as the red really pops against the black wallets, just like the red cloth that comes with them.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4677 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Tip nick gave me today to buy some cloth scissors, zig zag ones and cut your own cloth.

Pinking shears and a microfiber lens cleaning cloth should do the trick ; )

A lens cleaning cloth is a great idea as long as it has enough body to it. I believe that many of those wouldn't even require trimming.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Relick666
This looks great, definitely on my wishlist. :3
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2437 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just curious if anyone knows if the leather on these is going to be slightly textured like the originals version or smooth?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4677 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Just curious if anyone knows if the leather on these is going to be slightly textured like the originals version or smooth?

I would be willing to bet that at least Nick Einhorn and Alan Wong know.
So the answer is yes, someone knows. Smile

Sorry, been a long day.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1316 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, Paul Rathbun wrote:

No they are smooth and work beautifully
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
These are due to release in the US on the 24th - We have them in hand and will ship tomorrow. You could have them as soon as release day.

http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/supe......an-wong/

Free Shipping in the USA
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I would like to know if you can have the item in your hand and then "tap" it like in the video and it is loaded inside? That would cause me to hit the buy button if that can honestly happen.

Good magic to all,

Eric
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
I would like to know if you can have the item in your hand and then "tap" it like in the video and it is loaded inside? That would cause me to hit the buy button if that can honestly happen.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Hi Eric

Do you mean the tap on the hand right at the start of the video? If so, the answer is no (without tipping the method) - although it will look like that to the spectator!

Jon
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Thank you very much. Yes that's the tap I meant.

I appreciate the help.

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Just rewatched the video I see what you mean thanks. Now at least I see it the way the spec will and I also see what we will see. Thanks again.

Good magic to all,

Eric

P.s. I agree the cloth makes this effect. As a side note when I first started in magic in 1982 my closing effect was that little bunny matchbox that had the bag shut by a rubberband where the coin ended up in the bag. That seems so long ago now---yet seems like yesterday.
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
Just rewatched the video I see what you mean thanks. Now at least I see it the way the spec will and I also see what we will see. Thanks again.

Good magic to all,

Eric

P.s. I agree the cloth makes this effect. As a side note when I first started in magic in 1982 my closing effect was that little bunny matchbox that had the bag shut by a rubberband where the coin ended up in the bag. That seems so long ago now---yet seems like yesterday.

My pleasure Eric!

Jon

p.s. That bunny matchbox sounds fun!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3882 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got my new wallets yesterday. As expected, the quality is very good. Even the cloth is upgraded to a thicker (almost like a very fine burlap) material. Leather is very nice. Smooth, not textured. Because of the softer leather, the bigger wallet is a little flimsier when you deal with it by itself. The other two wallets feels similar in rigidity to the original set. They are definitely easier to open than the original wallets. The first two wallets were never really an issue. It's the smallest wallet that was historically the hardest to open with the original set. With the new set, that is still the case. The smallest is still the hardest to open. It's noticeably easier to open than the original set, but if you are happy with your originals, I don't think the difference is big enough to warrant upgrading.

Bottom line. Great set of wallets. If you struggled with the original set or if you work in dry climates a lot, consider upgrading.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL