The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicattorney
View Profile
New user
Charleston, South Carolina
30 Posts

Profile of magicattorney
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Where would one be able to purchase the Bonsall envelopes??

http://www.propdog.co.uk/bonsalopes-medium?search=bonsall

This is the medium size...you can search around for others...
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
My Super Soft arrived today. First. Unlike the original, no DVD is included. Instead you have to go to Murphy's web site and its password protected. There is nothing new on the video . It is the original.
The wallets are a bit softer, but in my opinion , not enough to justify the price difference . I still tossed mine in the dryer to soften them even more, just as I did with my original Set.
The cloth I received was too large to fit in the small wallet and needed to be trimmed.
In the end, I feel the original is the way to go. As for the effect and tutorial . It is a 10 out 10. Nick is awesome and the feces he teaches are all easy to follow and within reach of anyone willing to practice just a little.

Dave
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, The Baldini wrote:
Nick is awesome and the feces he teaches are all easy to follow and within reach of anyone willing to practice just a little.

Dave

I didn't know Nick taught about feces ... good to know Smile
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Oops, I was using voice to text. I did not mean to say that.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
What did you mean to say!?
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I honestly don't remember. But I do apologize that is definitely not what I wanted to say. But I will continue Icommenting that I am slightly disappointed with these wallets. And would not recommend them over the original. I spent several hours last night trying to get the cloth to fit into the small wallet in a smooth comfortable manner.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I have a question. In the photos it looks like the bottom of the wallets has a hollow look almost like you can put your fingers in it.m I'm hoping its just the photo but can someone please tell me if the wallets are all stiched at the bottom and actually are closed or if they are hollow? Thank you.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
There's no gap in the bottom of the wallets.

Mike
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Mike thank you so much. You just cost me $64.00 plus but thank you!

Eric
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
I have a question. In the photos it looks like the bottom of the wallets has a hollow look almost like you can put your fingers in it.m I'm hoping its just the photo but can someone please tell me if the wallets are all stiched at the bottom and actually are closed or if they are hollow? Thank you.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Not only is there no hole, but they are not even stiched at the bottom. It's one continuous piece of leather folded and stitched only on the sides.
The only hole is the normal opening which is of course necessary for any wallet.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Thank you guys. I was hoping this was the case.

Good magic to all,

Eric
drax
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of drax
I rarely post on the Café, but I message Nick this message this morning and felt I could share it on this thread. "Morning Nicholas, just to say how lovely the Supersoft set of wallets are that I bought from you at Blackpool, I'm looking forward to doing them at my next gig. But what really struck me was not only your excellent teaching on the dvd, but just how commercial and magical your whole routines were with the real world performances. With so many heavily and artily edited videos popping up on Facebook everyday it was a joy to see such beautifully constructed and executed routines. An absolute pleasure to watch you perform and having only really met you when I was doing cabaret as Kockov in Portsmouth a while back it's easy to see why you've achieved so much. I hope to see you perform close up when I'm a punter one day as you're one of the few magicians I know would have me clapping like a seal." I know Nick a little so this is an unsolicited comment I'm making. Whilst at Blackpool I saw some 'cheaper' wallets (£25) I seem to remember, but after handling the Supersoft ones £40 was a no brainer. I think the potential for this effect and the quality of the wallets will just get easier to work overtime. Essential purchase for a worker made by a worker, nothing else to say after that.
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Drax. Wow. Thanks for your lovely words. It really is a thrill to know you love them too. Nothing like a lovely email such as this to set up the perfect day!!
Very humbled by your kindness. Nick
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Thank you guys for your help. I just ordered this today and should have it Wednesday. I'm looking forward to playing---I mean practicing with this. Thanks again everyone.

Good magic to all,

Eric
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Just got this and I too LOVE the wallets!
So easy to do that the skill to amazement ratio is off the charts.
Interestingly, I find the reset more difficult than the trick itself but I'm sure that will change after some more working with it.
By that, I mean the cloth can be difficult to get in proper position. This may be due to it being a bit to large for the wallets as another poster mentioned. I may end up trimming it down.

But at the same time I ordered the wallets I also picked up some of the envelopes to be used along with them just to give it a try.
I am really loving it with the envelopes. It's a personal preference but I think I may prefer the envelopes. I'll have to try it with both and see.
One thing in the envelopes favor right now is that they are so easy to set up, but the cloth may surpass that once it's worked in.

For a busy strolling performer the cloth has obvious advantages. But I've already worked out a way to make resetting the envelopes much easier and faster. But there would still be the question of refills or having to make up the envelopes yourself, and I can certainly understand the disadvantages to that.

But overall I am extremely happy with this purchase. I didn't own the originals to make a comparison but other than the difficulty I've experienced in getting the cloth inside (although I don't want to make it sound like it's that hard) these wallets work extremely well straight out the box.

Definitely a winner from Nick. Makes me now want to pick up one of his Bill to Markers too. Hmmm, I wonder if I could get an envelope inside of a marker as well? HA, just kidding!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Glad you like it. To me when I saw the cloth FOLDED and the ring inside this was the moment I said "what the heck!". I owned years ago a little match box effect where a coin is found inside a box inside the matchbox but there is one more thing a bag that is wrapped around the bag. So I had a general idea of how this worked. However the item ending up in a folded cloth reallt took me by surprise. I know its a personel choice but I will work with the cloth. But have fun with it everyone.

Good magic to all,

Eric
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
I agree Gumbini, the cloth does look great.

I think right now I'm favoring the envelope mainly because it is so much easier for me to reset at the moment, but I'm sure that will change in time as the cloth becomes more user friendly or I trim it down a tad. But also, since so many of us are familiar with the old matchbox version the cloth is something new and diffrent to a lot of us so it creates a memorable moment for us. But for laymen the envelope could seem like more of an impossibility (not claiming it is, just saying it could be.) So it's a little like thinking like a magician. Since you know how and when the ring got in the wallets, the cloth is an unexpected twist. But on paper, a sealed package is certainly adds more puzzlement than a folded cloth.
If you were to take the wallets out of the equation, the envelope could still work on it's own (albeit not as effectively) whereas I don't really think the cloth could.

Another thing I do really like with the envelope is that the spec can open it themselves, so the ring or coin makes it's appearance in their own hands. That's always a good thing, and can make for a very memorable moment as well.

But not starting an argument here, just thinking out loud. They're both great after being removed from inside 3 nesting wallets!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

No argument at all in fact I may just end up with the ring in the cloth that's inside the envelope! Lol just kidding of course. But you make some very fine points.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
What are these envelopes you guys are referring to and where are they available. Thanks Dave
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL