The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Siondar
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Siondar
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, Michael Daniels wrote:
The performer will need to partially unfold the cloth, but the spectator can then take over the unfolding for the final reveal.

Mike


That sounds great to me. Thanks Mike
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4677 Posts

Profile of videoman
It's not clear to me if you are referring to the spectator simply unfolding the cloth while its in your hand or laying it in their hand and having them unfold it the rest of the way.
In theory, either would work but having them do it in their hands requires extra caution especially if you are using a borrowed ring. The ring can easily drop out of the cloth so this obviously needs to be done with great care.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1564 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The performer could start to unfold the cloth, then change his mind have the spectator unfold it. Maybe that is not quite what you had in mind but I doubt anyone would remember the sequence as anything other than the spectator unfolding the cloth and removing their own ring/coin/whatever.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
4ofclubs
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of 4ofclubs
I just received my set of the super soft wallets. I also have the original set and find that the newer set is far superior. I find they are much easier to open, look classier and feel better. However, I hate the new cloth. It is too thick and doesn't fit. I have been using the old cloth with the new wallets. I have very dry hands and find the newer version much easier to open. I just have to work on finding a better cloth option. It's too bad because the wallets are great but the cloth is just terrible.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, 4ofclubs wrote:
I just received my set of the super soft wallets. I also have the original set and find that the newer set is far superior. I find they are much easier to open, look classier and feel better. However, I hate the new cloth. It is too thick and doesn't fit. I have been using the old cloth with the new wallets. I have very dry hands and find the newer version much easier to open. I just have to work on finding a better cloth option. It's too bad because the wallets are great but the cloth is just terrible.


Buy a microfiber lens cleaning cloth, cut to size with pinking shears, fold to size and iron. Should be perfect.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
If Nick is reading this then what may be a good idea is perhaps if you sold the cloths seperatly for a few pound each. You could perhaps source the right material for the cloths and sell in various colours etc. Your original red cloth you use in the promo vid looks great (with the paisley pattern). I'm sure the wallet users would buy an additional cloth to suit.
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Based on advice I saw in an earlier thread on the Nest of Wallets I found some nice cloth (several varieties, actually) at a fabric store for a few bucks, and a pair of pinky shears online. I now have what will likely last a lifetime w/o spending a lot.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
For those who liked using an envelope, David Penn, kindly shared his stapled envelope idea in the original Nested Wallet thread.

Worth a read. It'll save you from having to buy refills of the Bonsalopes.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, 4ofclubs wrote:
I just received my set of the super soft wallets. I also have the original set and find that the newer set is far superior. I find they are much easier to open, look classier and feel better. However, I hate the new cloth. It is too thick and doesn't fit. I have been using the old cloth with the new wallets. I have very dry hands and find the newer version much easier to open. I just have to work on finding a better cloth option. It's too bad because the wallets are great but the cloth is just terrible.


Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that the new cloth is inferior to the original cloth. Too bad, because then it's like you are (possibly) getting a nicer set of wallets but what you gain with the wallets you lose with the cloth.

But here's a workaround some may want to try. Just don't use the smallest wallet. So you have 2 wallets with a folded cloth inside.
Isn't that really enough anyway?

It is in keeping with the rule of 3 so I think it would be fine. I haven't tried it yet, just thought of it as I was reading these posts. You may need to re-fold your cloth a little differently but maybe not.
But as I write this I'm realizing there will be many who will think, no way, I paid for 3 wallets so I'm going to use 3 wallets.
Also, for many it seems the new cloth is working fine so maybe it's just a matter of getting them all broken in.
But wasn't that one of the selling points of these new soft wallets? That there NO breaking in required.

Anyway, just a thought. I'm going to give it a whirl.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1169 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2016, Ken M wrote:
Why bother buying this when Saturn Magic is selling essentially the same thing for a fraction of the price? Money talks, my magic friends!


Does this mean that Einhorn I'd not the originator of the Nest of Wallets?
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
The new SS also does not come with the red string. not a big deal. But you are paying more money. and if you don't have the original. the string was/is a nice smooth string. Perfect for the ring routine.
As for the cloth in the new SS. I feel it should be replaced at no charge, again. This is not an inexpensive item.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
The triple nest of wallets has been around for years. What you are paying for when you buy Nick's wallets; High quality props, expert instruction and routining based on Nicks years of performing experience with this trick.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
About the cloth: I tried the suggestion of a couple of you. I got some red microfiber lens cleaning cloth and cut it to size with pinking shears. Although this cloth is more slippery than what I got with the new wallets (that's a good thing), it is just too flimsy for doing the reset. Something in between these extremes would be perfect. I'll see what I can find in a fabric store.
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
I got some thin super-slippery microfiber cloth, but it is too flimsy, and the new cloth from Nick Einhorn is too thick for my tastes. So I went to a fabric store and found a red cloth that is perfectly in-between these extremes. I now have no trouble with the cloth or with un-nesting the wallets.

My main problem is loading a coin (I use a Kennedy half dollar) when the nested wallets are in a pants or jacket pocket. It's quite difficult especially if the wallets sit on the bottom of a deep pocket. I have no trouble loading a palmed card into a wallet, because the hand holding the card is 'flat', but this is a challenge. I can do it, but not quickly or smoothly. The main problem seems to be that I hold the coin between my thumb and 1st 2 fingers, which makes my hand curved and bulky rather than flat
Any suggestions?

Spike
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1399 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
How do you compare this ones from the Saturn ones? Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
GodSpeed23
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
12 Posts

Profile of GodSpeed23
I have to say, this is one of my, "carry everywhere" tricks. The reactions in gets are fantastic. The quality of the wallet is excellent and, of course, Nick Einhorn's teaching is spot on. I'm so happy I made the plunge and purchased the Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets!
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
This is something I was going to keep to myself. But after reading thru these posts I see everyone loves the wallets themselves but some are not necessarily happy with the cloth and others are not happy with envelopes. Personally I found the cloth too bulky and the envelopes would frequently split or tear at the sides, not to mention $30.00 for fifty (ouch). Here is what I found and at six and a half bucks for 200 you can't beat them;

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10916660/200-re......ags-2020

They seal nice but the sealing must be done in the action of removing the bag from the final wallet as it is being handed to the spectator with his signed coin inside. They come in many different colors and as I said they seal nice, quick and easy. Haven't used a ring and never will but I'm sure it would work equally as well as a coin.

These little bags are see thru. I see no problem with that. They know what's going to be inside anyway. For that matter the paper envelopes have a transparent window.

The bags work super well, they are the perfect size, you have a great choice of color or design and they're kind of unique. I guess we can thank the drug traffic for this one.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Don't these little bags too big ? Personally, I don't like the red cloth either, as the piece frays each time I use it. I'm still looking for another one, of better quality. Couldn't find one yet.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2016, Bill Wilson wrote:
This is something I was going to keep to myself. But after reading thru these posts I see everyone loves the wallets themselves but some are not necessarily happy with the cloth and others are not happy with envelopes. Personally I found the cloth too bulky and the envelopes would frequently split or tear at the sides, not to mention $30.00 for fifty (ouch). Here is what I found and at six and a half bucks for 200 you can't beat them;

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10916660/200-re......ags-2020

They seal nice but the sealing must be done in the action of removing the bag from the final wallet as it is being handed to the spectator with his signed coin inside. They come in many different colors and as I said they seal nice, quick and easy. Haven't used a ring and never will but I'm sure it would work equally as well as a coin.

These little bags are see thru. I see no problem with that. They know what's going to be inside anyway. For that matter the paper envelopes have a transparent window.

The bags work super well, they are the perfect size, you have a great choice of color or design and they're kind of unique. I guess we can thank the drug traffic for this one.

Mate this idea was done ages ago on the other thread you are right behind the time with it do a search next time yeah Smile
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Mh101 - The 2" bags are the perfect size. They are the same size as the paper envelopes.

Karl M - I did do a search & never noticed any such discussion. Boy do I ever feel stupid. Post like yours are exactly why I seldom post anything on the Café any more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Soft Deluxe Nest of Wallets (AKA Nest of Wallets V2) by Nick Einhorn (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL