The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Bob Yorburg--Who and where is he now? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I was watching a 20+ year old VHS tape the other day. It was called "The Magic of Magic" (I think) and it starred a magician named Bob Yorburg. Bob did a bunch of magic with ordinary objects. It was obviously a beginning magic-type of tape but Bob was quite polished and performed in a tux in front of a large lay audience and with four audience members gathered around the table. This was NOT an "L&L-type" of audience. What was interesting is that there were cameo shots of certain famous contemporary magicians in the audience--one of them being Slydini and another whose face I recognized but whose name escapes me at the moment. I think that Bob might have even been a student of Slydini's. Certainly his coin magic seemed very much influenced by Slydini--and with Slydini being in the audience, I think Slydini probably was his mentor or teacher.

After viewing the tape, I did a Google search for "Bob Yorburg, magician" and got no "hits." Has anyone else seen this tape or heard of Bob Yorburg?

Just curious; any info would be appreciated.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I searched the internet and found a Bob Yorburg who graduated from Wesleyan University in 1977. He presented a family magic show at a reunion in May of 2002. You might be able to get in contact with him through the University.

In addition there were several sites with a Bob Yorburg involved in Amusement Carving. There are also sites with a Bob Yorburg working on automatons as well as a self-playing steel drum.

These all sound like this could be your guy. I have never heard of him, but that means nothing. Peter Biro may have heard of him. Pete has an extraoridinary list of magicians he's met. You might PM him.

Steven
Coram Deo
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for the info, Steve. I will ask Pete if he has heard of this guy.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This the guy who also did shows for Burger King? And had a workshop with some impressive inventions? It would make sense that he was a Slydini student. Right time and place as well as knowing another Slydini student, J. P. Laramie.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Bob Yorburg--Who and where is he now? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL