The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Market by Gary Jones (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, brandon90 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, chriscongreave wrote:
The future of magic. Watch an honest demo, people use it without buying. No wonder there are loads of trailers that are ambiguous....and then people moan about that too.

You can't expect people not to use it....

Yes, that is true, but you would think some people would be a little more discreet about it Smile But hey, fill your boots and take it.....as I said, it's just a little trick, but one that will be talked about for a very long time...well it works for me Smile

PS. If this was done by a "Street Magician", and not some old bloke, and used a cut up heavily edited trailer it would sell like hot cakes, where did I put my baseball cap lol...My bad attempt at humour, sorry! Smile
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
557 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, gjmagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
The future of magic. Watch an honest demo, people use it without buying. No wonder there are loads of trailers that are ambiguous....and then people moan about that too.

Yes, that is true, but you would think some people would be a little more discreet about it Smile But hey, fill your boots and take it.....as I said, it's just a little trick, but one that will be talked about for a very long time...well it works for me Smile

PS. If this was done by a "Street Magician", and not some old bloke, and used a cut up heavily edited trailer it would sell like hot cakes, where did I put my baseball cap lol...My bad attempt at humour, sorry! Smile

haha... I'm not trying to disrespect you in anyway, I just being honestly.

To be fair... I've never seen black flash paper! And for the record... I do not plan to perform this effect.

I respect you being honest in your trailer and this was actually very entertaining as apposed to a say SansMinds trailer which is filled with fancy music and cuts and audience reactions of hot girls (which I believe are just cut in later).

Thanks for sharing this.. and again, I don't plan on performing I was just being honest Smile

best,
Brandon
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, brandon90 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, gjmagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

haha... I'm not trying to disrespect you in anyway, I just being honestly.

To be fair... I've never seen black flash paper! And for the record... I do not plan to perform this effect.

I respect you being honest in your trailer and this was actually very entertaining as apposed to a say SansMinds trailer which is filled with fancy music and cuts and audience reactions of hot girls (which I believe are just cut in later).

Thanks for sharing this.. and again, I don't plan on performing I was just being honest Smile

best,
Brandon

Yes I know, I was only playing!

Black flash paper isn't essential, but if you use white you may need to double it up to avoid the corner showing through.

You should give it a go, it plays very well....and some of the other routines on the DVD are 100% self-contained so no switching ete is required.

Cheers Brandon,

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
557 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I will give it a go after purchasing of course. Smile

best,
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1188 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Looks really good Gary.
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2536 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Black flash paper & a deck of cards & your business cards ! your set to go.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2335 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've been out all afternoon and performed this at most tables.

It's easy to do and a great excuse to use your business card!

We have it in stock here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/b......nes.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
I'm in my kind of thread !! Surrounded by A list workers bring it on ..
MD
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Looks great ,Gary is a great teacher for hobbyist magicians,have most of his stuff.I am a big fan of Gary (and Chris Congrieve) mainly cos Thoughtwave was the first trick I bought many years ago,and still perform to this day (GREAT SELFWORKING TRICK )just been re-released by Alakazam.If you are a pro these kind of effects are maybe not for you but I love getting a new monthly effect and really working the presentation which is the secret of good magic
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Missed this one at blackpool, This look great and I will be picking this up.

Everything Gary releases packs a punch and is a solid Worker in the real world. The same goes for Dave Forrest and Full52.

I also agree with Rasmus above and with Chris Congreave

As Magicians we should support our Art and support the creators who thanks to their creativity release so much good stuff which fuels our interest and excitement and at the same time keep us in a job or in a hobby !
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2016, wanderwizard wrote:
Looks great ,Gary is a great teacher for hobbyist magicians,have most of his stuff.I am a big fan of Gary (and Chris Congrieve) mainly cos Thoughtwave was the first trick I bought many years ago,and still perform to this day (GREAT SELFWORKING TRICK )just been re-released by Alakazam.If you are a pro these kind of effects are maybe not for you but I love getting a new monthly effect and really working the presentation which is the secret of good magic

Not sure why you would say that these kind of effects are not good for a Pro, I can't think of a better way to hand out your business card and Thoughtwave is a great Mentalism effect.

For me everything is about presentation, Effect and subtleties, I have always been a fan of Gary's stuff because its packed with clever routining and subtleties and workable in the real world.
Marcus1
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Marcus1
Love this effect. Well done Gary. Thanks for putting this out there.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1596 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I wonder if there's a MORE awkward and defensive way of presenting a card to be signed than the one shown in the demo? I haven't seen one...
Author
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1222 Posts

Profile of rowland
For anyone that has the intercessor gimmick they could have a miracle on their hands. Although I have got both I do the trick as shown and the specs just sign the card, I've been using it since Blackpool and never had any one try and take the card or even mention the signing process.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Market by Gary Jones (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL