The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » List of psychic abilities (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seamagu
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey everyone,

I don't claim to possess all of these but here is an interesting link some of you may find useful!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychic_abilities

Best,

Séa
I love post its Smile
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Nice post! Thanks for sharing
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1873 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
One interesting ability in the list is Empathy. It is a fairly common experience, social animals appear to experience it. Our opening remarks about ESP could use this to establish some plausibility for what is to follow.

George
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Empathy? That is a very rare trait on the café!
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, brehaut wrote:
Empathy? That is a very rare trait on the Café!

How about "Writing produced without conscious thought" (or Automatic Writing) on the Café? Smile Just kidding, and that comment is not directed at anyone in particular.

I usually think back to Prism, where Max Maven describes the abilities that mentalists demonstrate. He says there that there are four main abilities--telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, and psychokinesis--and that other, more specialized abilities are branches of those. (I'm going from memory here.) For example, I would say that psychic surgery, listed as a separate ability in the Wikipedia list, is really a blend of psychokinesis and clairvoyance. Some of the listed items, like aura reading, for example, might be more difficult to neatly place in these four boxes.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
544 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Hi Seamagu,

A very interesting and useful link. Thanks for sharing.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
818 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Great find, thank you Smile

(I see aura reading as an example of clairvoyance, easier to classify than psychic surgery Smile )
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, Nestor D wrote:
(I see aura reading as an example of clairvoyance, easier to classify than psychic surgery Smile )

Interesting... I'm still thinking about that one. Wikipedia says, "Perception of energy fields surrounding people, places and things." If you would be sitting in Strasbourg and could somehow perceive that my aura in Brooklyn is primarily green, perhaps I could see the clairvoyance angle. But to look at me in the same room and be able to say that my energy fields are directly visible to you sounds like a different talent.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
264 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I like the sound of retrocognition.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1440 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Thanks for sharing seamagu. Interesting post.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9583 Posts

Profile of funsway
What I find most useful is knowledge that one can assume that every person in the audience has experienced several of these "abilities" in their lives,
either personally or by trusted story. Thus, each is predisposed to the possibility of extrasensory abilities other than what they have experienced.

A wise performer would never "put down" any of these abilities as trivial as they might be the key to a spectator's expectation of your phenomenal demonstration.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » List of psychic abilities (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL